This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deems wrote: View Post
    What I'm looking forward to the most is the new Kyle/Demar bromance of Kawhi/OG. They'll bond over head nods.
    Is Kawhi going to play 2 or 3 or 4?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Is Kawhi going to play 2 or 3 or 4?
      Yes

Comment

• What's most annoying of those tv talking heads is that once again they bring up their igonrance about Toronto/Canada in every convo they have just to diss the deal. Stuff the franchise already put to rest are now roaring back:

"No superstars want to be there, Carter, Tmac and Bosh bolted"

"Higher taxes"

"Weather is really cold"

"They really like hockey there the most!"

"Its different up there, Money, metric system, food, entertainment harharhar"

Its seems like dissing Toronto and hoping it fails brings joy to the American viewers.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Woj who's way more credible than Bucher said that Philly and NY were two of theteams that Kawhi was considering. I'm no weatherman but i'm sure NY and Philly are both cold weather city.

Kawhi also stayed most of the playoffs in NY according to Woj. So i guess Kawhi really hates cold weather that much.
          He's a 7 year NBA player....meaning he's had to travel to winter cities at least 10-11 times a season, 70+ times in total.

Minny twice
          Toronto
          New York
          Brooklyn
          Chicago
          Boston
          Detroit
          Washington
          Philly
          Milwaukee

Highly doubt he was too afraid to leave his room 70 times.

Comment

• Raptors in contact, having 'positive' conversations with Kawhi Leonard: report
            https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rap...182602068.html

Comment

• Having said that, the weekend of the Toronto AllStar game was bitter cold, even for Toronto standards.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                What's most annoying of those tv talking heads is that once again they bring up their igonrance about Toronto/Canada in every convo they have just to diss the deal. Stuff the franchise already put to rest are now roaring back:

"No superstars want to be there, Carter, Tmac and Bosh bolted"

"Higher taxes"

"Weather is really cold"

"They really like hockey there the most!"

"Its different up there, Money, metric system, food, entertainment harharhar"

Its seems like dissing Toronto and hoping it fails brings joy to the American viewers.
                This is day 2. Get ready guys. We haven't had a spotlight on us like this since 2000..this year will be more scrutinized in the USA than any season in Raptors history
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Guess we'll just have to include a heat lamp in his welcome package.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Guess we'll just have to include a heat lamp in his welcome package.
                    He'll keep plenty warm. He'll have uncle Dennis, ESPN, and all the talking heads in LA and NY breathing down his neck all winter

Comment

• Damon Stoudamire's response to Canadian taxes.

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/damon-sto...nto-raptors/2/

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        This is day 2. Get ready guys. We haven't had a spotlight on us like this since 2000..this year will be more scrutinized in the USA than any season in Raptors history
                        You bet.

*Raptors play well, but have no chance at winning title* "You gotta love that scrappy raptors team up north."

*Raptors grab coveted superstar and have chance at winning the states precious championship* "BOOOOOO!!! COLD METRIC SYSTEM TAXES BOOOO!"

The fact that the US media is so up in arms just shows we are knocking on the door.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          The reaction is similar to Boston moving IT.

It's moreso about the expectation of loyalty from a player to a team but it not being returned. I do find some of the players commenting it pretty funny especially after they were making fun of Toronto post sweep [Kanter specificially comes to mind].
                          Kanter is a troll.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I feel like we now need a player with an edge. We need to fill out our roster with someone a little psycho. Someone like when we had James Johnson. We are going to be playing the Pistons 4 times a year. We've always had a rivalry with them because of proximity. Now they have Casey, Kawhi vs Zaza, JV vs Drummound. We need someone that can go haywire, and not really worry about a suspension after.

I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head thats a free agent. But a player with an edge, that other teams will think twice about throwing a cheap shot.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              He'll keep plenty warm. He'll have uncle Dennis, ESPN, and all the talking heads in LA and NY breathing down his neck all winter
                              What will be interesting to see will be the intensity of the local / Canadian media attention on the Raptors. While the Raptors are expected to be a good team this year, they'll also be playing at the same time as the NHL - and the Leafs are going to suck up an awful lot of the sports media attention and expectations in Toronto - especially with Tavares.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                What will be interesting to see will be the intensity of the local / Canadian media attention on the Raptors. While the Raptors are expected to be a good team this year, they'll also be playing at the same time as the NHL - and the Leafs are going to suck up an awful lot of the sports media attention and expectations in Toronto - especially with Tavares.
                                I thinks that's a positive. If it's a circus everywhere Kawhi goes EXCEPT Toronto, he may start to think "ah, home sweet home" after a road trip

Comment

Working...
                                X