X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    That's not as fun...

Just think about the story line: Masai leverages a king's ransom out of the Lakers on the eve of sending him to the Clippers; landing a far larger return than the Spurs and screwing the Spurs by sending him to a place they tried to avoid.

If Kawhi is a Clipper, he's not turning down $50 extra million to go play in a different colored uniform in the same city.
    It's a great alternative if they reach the deadline and are 100% sure he is bolting. If they are only 99% sure, I'd bet they ride out the season, make their run, and hope that 99% drops through the spring. Heck, even if they are 100% sure he's bolting, if he's playing well they may just take their shot at the finals.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      He'll keep plenty warm. He'll have uncle Dennis, ESPN, and all the talking heads in LA and NY breathing down his neck all winter
      The Kawhi/uncle Dennis dynamic is so weird. He's like a modern day rainman.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        It's a great alternative if they reach the deadline and are 100% sure he is bolting. If they are only 99% sure, I'd bet they ride out the season, make their run, and hope that 99% drops through the spring. Heck, even if they are 100% sure he's bolting, if he's playing well they may just take their shot at the finals.
        If things are working at the deadline (Kawhi is good, raps are good) he is staying till elimination 100%. They won't care.

Besides that, if Kawhi is coming to play; hes gonna be political. You're not gonna come out and go "0% chance I stay"..much easier to spout cliches and say I'm not addressing it now
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
          You bet.

*Raptors play well, but have no chance at winning title* "You gotta love that scrappy raptors team up north."

*Raptors grab coveted superstar and have chance at winning the states precious championship* "BOOOOOO!!! COLD METRIC SYSTEM TAXES BOOOO!"

The fact that the US media is so up in arms just shows we are knocking on the door.
          Yes, it bothers them immensely that there is 1 Canadian team in the league that is doing really well, better then at least 25 other American teams. Its an ego thing.

The American sports media will try to blow things up from the get go , every little thing that happens with Kawhi starting with the press conference tomorrow will be talked about at lengths and searching for an emotional negative angle. I fear it would become like a media circus just like it was with Lebron.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            If the Raptors are playing well, Kawhi is probably right in the MVP conversation, in which case I can't see him being 100% on bolting, and I can see him wanting to at least ride out the season to potentially win a MVP.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just seen on reddit: Toronto becomes the 30th and final franchise to have a player on the roster with the last name Green
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There's also the money to think about.

Not just that he walked a way from a tonne of it when he left the Spurs, but LeBron beating him to the Lakers means the lions share of endorsements are going to be gone by the time he can get there.

Comment

Just seen on reddit: Toronto becomes the 30th and final franchise to have a player on the roster with the last name Green
                  Well yeah considering that Gerald Green has been on 8 of them lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    There's also the money to think about.

Not just that he walked a way from a tonne of it when he left the Spurs, but LeBron beating him to the Lakers means the lions share of endorsements are going to be gone by the time he can get there.
                    Not to mention being Lebron's bitch and taking the heat when things don't go well like Bosh & Love did. Ingram & Kuzma stats are about to take a hit this year. Not to mention Lonzo Ball will constantly get grilled by the fans next season for not measuring up.

Comment

• I'm actually so excited for what our defense will look like. We've got Kawhi, OG, Siakam, Green, Delon, FVV and Lowry on the perimeter: that's some size, switchability and tenacity right there. Ibaka's inconsistent but when he's on he's effective...JV has his issues, but he made some strides last year and should be better with better defense in front of him...Miles isn't great, but he isn't horrendous and at least he can shoot.........I'm really talking myself into this team hahaha
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

"Never left his hotel room at the Toronto all star" maybe because he doesn't like going and hamming it up with Kevin hart and drake like the rest of these attention seeking doucheb- I mean players?
                        I was just in Vegas. 38 degrees at 10:00 pm. We left our hotel to get in cabs. Think we spent about 30 minutes outside in 3 days.

This is stupid. Even for Bucher.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Kanter is a troll.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          Doesn't Kanter have bigger problems like his criminal father?

Comment

• You know how the Cavs, Heat and Lakers keep hiring Lebron's friend from highschool?

Can't the Raptors hire his uncle and give him 1million a year?

Comment

• How are people that upset? These were the same people that complained that Demar would revert back to his old self in the 4th.

There is a great chance that the other players (OG, JV, etc.) will improve this year. I guarantee JV is not sad to see Demar leave.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...429583365?s=21

LoL Carmelo and protected first for Dennis Schroeder and Muscala. So Schroeder will play backup PG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X