This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Personnally, I don't see the point of trading Norm this summer, unless it gives you a considerable asset in return. Yes, he's having a bad season, but I think we should keep this guy at least another year before trying to trade him. Even though it will be tougher next season because he'll be paid more, I think there is more chance we won't want to trade him than we will.

And if we still want to trade him, I'm sure Masai will find the way.
    I think the only reason to trade Norm is to make it financially easier to swallow giving FVV a new deal when already deep in the tax.

There's every chance we don't trade Norm. But I do think the most likely scenario where we don't trade him is we let FVV walk (or FVV comes much cheaper than expected).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      With Lowry and Ibaka showing signs of slowing down, is next season our last chance at making a run? If so this might be the off season where Masai goes for broke.
      Lowry ain't really slowing down much. This would rank as his 2nd best WS/48 season, his 3rd best BPM season, 3rd best RPM season, 2nd best TS% season, a career high (and historic for a 6 footer) rebound rate, and a higher assist rate than the past two seasons.

Ibaka is a whole other thing, but with the way Siakam is coming on, Ibaka can transition to a smaller minutes role and just provide the spacing that is his biggest asset at this point.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I think the only reason to trade Norm is to make it financially easier to swallow giving FVV a new deal when already deep in the tax.

There's every chance we don't trade Norm. But I do think the most likely scenario where we don't trade him is we let FVV walk (or FVV comes much cheaper than expected).
        Team is probably more inclined to go deep into tax if we by grace of God made the finals or even took Cleveland to 6 or 7 hard fought ecf games.

Likely a lot of this summer's budget is TBD
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Team is probably more inclined to go deep into tax if we by grace of God made the finals or even took Cleveland to 6 or 7 hard fought ecf games.

Likely a lot of this summer's budget is TBD
          Oh, they'll be going deep into the tax regardless. The question is whether they want to go insanely deep into the tax. I think the answer is no to that latter question unless they win a championship or at the very least make the Finals interesting. I do think that with even an ECF appearance or Finals blowout loss they will be justified in keeping one of FVV/Powell and only losing one to keep the bill reasonable.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Lowry ain't really slowing down much. This would rank as his 2nd best WS/48 season, his 3rd best BPM season, 3rd best RPM season, 2nd best TS% season, a career high (and historic for a 6 footer) rebound rate, and a higher assist rate than the past two seasons.

Ibaka is a whole other thing, but with the way Siakam is coming on, Ibaka can transition to a smaller minutes role and just provide the spacing that is his biggest asset at this point.
            So then he is slowing down, and by end of next season you would expect that his drop off would be more so.

Meaning perhaps next season might be our best shot at a title with this core, with Lowry dropping off minimally, young core hitting the years where they make the most gains (supposedly), DeMar/JV in their prime and Ibaka's play hopefully not fallen off a cliff. Or maybe I'm just building a case in my mind to hope something exciting happens in the off season.

Comment

• Do you think to trade Norm some sort of compensation will have to be attached? I guess losing a second rounder wouldn't hurt too, too bad but I don't know how many second rounders this team has left at this point.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                So then he is slowing down, and by end of next season you would expect that his drop off would be more so.

Meaning perhaps next season might be our best shot at a title with this core, with Lowry dropping off minimally, young core hitting the years where they make the most gains (supposedly), DeMar/JV in their prime and Ibaka's play hopefully not fallen off a cliff. Or maybe I'm just building a case in my mind to hope something exciting happens in the off season.
                I think nothing has changed with the expected timetable. The core is locked in and no big moves will be made to improve it. So long as they keep succeeding, no moves will be made to tear it down either. I fully expect this core gets all three years of this window to compete as-is.

Lowry is only slowing down compared to last year. He's better by many measures than he was two years ago. That's not exactly a sign of a guy exiting his prime. I'd say his (likely slight) decline in this window will be easily matched by improvements from everyone JV's age and down.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  Do you think to trade Norm some sort of compensation will have to be attached? I guess losing a second rounder wouldn't hurt too, too bad but I don't know how many second rounders this team has left at this point.
                  They have all their future 2nd rounders. Just not this season's. And whether they need to attach a pick, don't have to, or even get an asset in the deal is impossible to know at this point. I'd just say never to underestimate Masai.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    The hardest thing to measure in a young athlete is character.

It's doubly ironic/sad because BC was very big on character (to the point where he foolishly passed on Drummond), and was influenced to take Bargnani by an off-the-charts psychological test.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?p...pnmag/bargnani

The ability to block out negative pressure also meant he blocked out critical feedback, which is why he never felt the need to improve.

That's why I think it's an art, not a science. You'll never be able to measure heart with numbers.
                    "The test showed that Bargnani is virtually oblivious to what others think of him."
                    Bargs always looked too sleepy to care, big difference....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      "The test showed that Bargnani is virtually oblivious to what others think of him."
                      Bargs always looked too sleepy to care, big difference....
                      Don't want to sound insensitive or anything like that, but reading about those Bargs character traits again sound a bit like signs of autism.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Don't want to sound insensitive or anything like that, but reading about those Bargs character traits again sound a bit like signs of autism.
                        I always cut him a bit of slack since we know how 7 footers take longer to develop and they can look absolutely unathletic or even awkward for awhile. But Bargs only ever developed too speeds; slow and pretty slow. He had no moves beyond the ridiculously slow pump fake and no moves to the tin afterwards. He was either under the basket or pump-fake-step-right and shoot. He really looked like he was sleep walking for the most part but part of it could be partially the Italian Phil Esposito hound dog eyes he had....

Oh man, that just brought up bad Vincenzo Esposito raptor memories

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Pretty sure someone mentioned earlier it was a sign of something where he didn’t get enough oxygen to his brain. Not autism but definitely something wrong.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            Pretty sure someone mentioned earlier it was a sign of something where he didn’t get enough oxygen to his brain. Not autism but definitely something wrong.
                            Lmao I think it was said as a joke. He's a mouth breather but I don't think he had any mental handicaps
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lowry for Kemba Walker, get it done MU. We need a PG who can turn it on and hit huge shots in important moments, not a certified choker who folds like a lawn chair anytime he goes up against Lebron.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Lowry for Kemba Walker, get it done MU. We need a PG who can turn it on and hit huge shots in important moments, not a certified choker who folds like a lawn chair anytime he goes up against Lebron.
                                Kemba was pretty bad in his last playoff appearance. 47.2 TS% and -13 netRTG.

Comment

Working...
                                X