This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    But do we have anyone to give the ball to, in the dying seconds of the game, with the instructions, "win it for us"?

Not since Carter.
    We don't know cause the kids haven't fully developed yet???

Comment

• Do you guys ever wonder why teams want to play us? It's not because of this bullshit Canadian inferiority complex a lot of y'all have. It's because we don't fucking have players that strike fear into the opponent. Nobody is worried about Kyle Lowry or DeMar DeRozan.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        We don't know cause the kids haven't fully developed yet???
        No, I think we do know whether we currently possess any "elite" talent.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Do you guys ever wonder why teams want to play us? It's not because of this bullshit Canadian inferiority complex a lot of y'all have. It's because we don't fucking have players that strike fear into the opponent. Nobody is worried about Kyle Lowry or DeMar DeRozan.
          Agree 100%
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You don't need super star talent to beat Lebron.. and he's the only guy we need to beat. Boston's going to be better. Philly might be better. No other team in the East I'm worried about.

In this series.. if we swapped DeMar for a guy that can play defense and Ibaka for a guy that can guard Love.. and a coach that doesn't throw Miles on Love or Bebe in for the fun of it we'd actually be alright. Might even have won the series.. not in 4 or 5.. but we would have made it close.

A retool can get us over the hump. Just need the right ingredients.

Comment

• Yea—we don’t even know who’s going to be available so I’m on board with the school of thought that a Derozan trade doesn’t mean we nessarily get worse. This could shape up to be a crazy summer with all stars getting traded. It’s reasonable to have a few strategies in mind but if you have a $30 million perenial all star to send the other way when an all star demands a trade we can certainly be in a position that a retool can be effective or improve this team.

Comment

Right, just like the Bucks knew about Giannis. Just like the Pacers knew about George. Just like everyone knew about Oladipo. Just like the Spurs knew about Kawhi. Just like the Warriors knew about Curry, Thompson, and Green.

We don't know because they haven't fully developed yet. Moreover, they're good enough anyway to probably get us a playoff seed if we get a better coach without Lowry and DeMar.

Trying not to respond aggressively here, so if I am, sorry.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    But yes your general point is a good one that Ibaka is tradeable, if not for much value. New Orleans traded Omar Asik and got a useful piece back! (They also traded a first with that, but point stands.)
                    It's best to think of trades in terms of what each team got that they wanted, because it helps you value the assets more versus the negatives. For the New Orleans/Chicago trade, New Orleans got Nikola Mirotic, their own 2018 second-rounder back, and got rid of the salaries of Omer Asik, Jameer Nelson and Tony Allen; Chicago got a first-round pick (and maybe you want to include the second-rounder they got for consequently trading Jameer Nelson to Detroit). So the first round pick was worth trading a good player, a second-rounder and taking on about $15m of basically dead salary.

Comment

This. OG is the only one who even looks like a surefire starter on a championship level team.

Comment

• A retool led by a 33 year old point guard with durability issues... count me the fuck out

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          A retool led by a 33 year old point guard with durability issues... count me the fuck out
                          We can't even play Lowry for too many minutes in regular season or he will breakdown.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            You don't need super star talent to beat Lebron.. and he's the only guy we need to beat. Boston's going to be better. Philly might be better. No other team in the East I'm worried about.

In this series.. if we swapped DeMar for a guy that can play defense and Ibaka for a guy that can guard Love.. and a coach that doesn't throw Miles on Love or Bebe in for the fun of it we'd actually be alright. Might even have won the series.. not in 4 or 5.. but we would have made it close.

A retool can get us over the hump. Just need the right ingredients.
                            Correct.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Why? Do you not think replacing 2/3rds of our 3 headed snake with better playoff composure could completely transform this team? We have a ton of great pieces, many of them young and improving by the day
                              What are these ton of great young pieces you speak? With the exception of OG, I don't see any of the young guys being huge difference makers in the future. Boston and Philly have way better youngsters compared to us.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Casey is flawed, but he's a good coach. I'm sure he'll find a job in the NBA again.
                                maybe as an Assistant for awhile. Or he could end up like another COY, Sam Mitchell who's just annoying on the TV now ....

Comment

Working...
                                X