This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why is getting tiresome? You've despised the successes of the last 5 years? Or you'd rather have some wild and crazy general manager?
    Ujiri's made this team better every year for 5 years straight, that's a fact in spite of this frustrating playoff ceiling they've hit.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Ujiri's made this team better every year for 5 years straight, that's a fact in spite of this frustrating playoff ceiling they've hit.
      And for the last 3 years the wall has been "LeBron James"..yeah it's frustrating but it's very hard to do any better than he's done.

People, this team was giving the offense to the "long 2" brothers gay and derozan and their Italian cousin bargnani when ujiri got here.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Why is getting tiresome? You've despised the successes of the last 5 years? Or you'd rather have some wild and crazy general manager?
        I love Masai.

But if all of Lowry, DeMar, Casey and Ibaka are back next year would that make you feel good about having Masai as our GM?

Comment

And for the last 3 years the wall has been "LeBron James"..yeah it's frustrating but it's very hard to do any better than he's done.

People, this team was giving the offense to the "long 2" brothers gay and derozan and their Italian cousin bargnani when ujiri got here.
          No matter where we are as a franchise, I want to cheer for development/progress.

If we're a 59 win team, I cheer for a finals berth.

If we're a 35 win team, I cheer for a playoff push.

The one thing I can't get excited for, is stagnation.

Comment

• If he's going to keep riding with this same coach then of course the failures have to start shifting towards him

Comment

• I don't know if my bet percentage that the following will happen has changed since listen to those non-events:

I would put the odds in descending order -
              1/ At least one major piece changed. Ibaka, Lowry or DeRozan
              2/ Minor changes such as Norm moved. FVV needs to be re-signed
              3/ Casey fired.
              4/ Status quo. No major changes at all, tinkering only.
              5/ Blow it up, tank it down

I'm disappointed there wasn't more direct accountability taken or called for....at least when Casey is throwing out what really is a reasonable excuse but an excuse nonetheless (runnng into LeBron every year, he's great blah blah blah), he could at least explain why after a culture change and 59 win season, they couldn't win one lousy game. Again.

It's not like I'm expecting him to take responsibility for some of his bizarre coaching decisions this year

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I don't know if my bet percentage that the following will happen has changed since listen to those non-events:

I would put the odds in descending order -
                1/ At least one major piece changed. Ibaka, Lowry or DeRozan
                2/ Minor changes such as Norm moved. FVV needs to be re-signed
                3/ Casey fired.
                4/ Status quo. No major changes at all, tinkering only.
                5/ Blow it up, tank it down

I'm disappointed there wasn't more direct accountability taken or called for....at least when Casey is throwing out what really is a reasonable excuse but an excuse nonetheless (runnng into LeBron every year, he's great blah blah blah), he could at least explain why after a culture change and 59 win season, they couldn't win one lousy game. Again.

It's not like I'm expecting him to take responsibility for some of his bizarre coaching decisions this year
                I was waiting for someone in the media to ask why Indy had more success than we did.

"Herd, derp, mental toughness"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I was waiting for someone in the media to ask why Indy had more success than we did.

Heart

Something this team clearly lacks.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

No matter where we are as a franchise, I want to cheer for development/progress.

If we're a 59 win team, I cheer for a finals berth.

If we're a 35 win team, I cheer for a playoff push.

The one thing I can't get excited for, is stagnation.
                    I don't think there's really been stagnation at least at the hands ujiri.

We lost to Brooklyn with a bad bench so he brought in Lou will and let the core to continue to grow

We got embarrassed by Washington so he got all rid of all the turnstiles, put an emphasis on defense. Bismarck biyombo, (good intentions with demarre carrol) development for the 905 franchise and practice facility. We improved huge.

We went to the conference finals and took Cleveland to 6. Ujiri was not satisfied though and acquired pj Tucker and serge ibaka before the playoffs

Lost to Cleveland in 4. This was disappointing as he seemed a regression. This is where ujiri called for a culture reset and got it in play style. He got rid of passengers like Patterson and Carroll. He developed an entire group of his draft picks of the last few years and CJ miles and made the league best bench. We won a team record and eastern conference high 59 games. But again

Cleveland in 4. And we are where we are. Ujiri has always responded well when we hit a wall. I'm excited to see his next move to keep progressing.

Comment

I don't think there's really been stagnation at least at the hands ujiri.

We lost to Brooklyn with a bad bench so he brought in Lou will and let the core to continue to grow

We got embarrassed by Washington so he got all rid of all the turnstiles, put an emphasis on defense. Bismarck biyombo, (good intentions with demarre carrol) development for the 905 franchise and practice facility. We improved huge.

We went to the conference finals and took Cleveland to 6. Ujiri was not satisfied though and acquired pj Tucker and serge ibaka before the playoffs

Lost to Cleveland in 4. This was disappointing as he seemed a regression. This is where ujiri called for a culture reset and got it in play style. He got rid of passengers like Patterson and Carroll. He developed an entire group of his draft picks of the last few years and CJ miles and made the league best bench. We won a team record and eastern conference high 59 games. But again

Cleveland in 4. And we are where we are. Ujiri has always responded well when we hit a wall. I'm excited to see his next move to keep progressing.
                      I'm not questioning Masai's motives. I'm just saying that despite his attempts to address our weaknesses, the past 2 years have felt like stagnation.

Comment

I'm not questioning Masai's motives. I'm just saying that despite his attempts to address our weaknesses, the past 2 years have felt like stagnation.
                        I think we improved from last year a ton, despite the same result in the history books. I just need to see us get better than we were THIS year now.

Comment

That was definitely a big part of it. Indy played with a focus, intensity and sense of desperation for 48 minutes over 7 games. They played hard. Toronto, other than in game 1, did not. They pretty much threw in the towel.

If Casey is coming back, then, I'd like to see them shake up the locker room. Team is far too casual.

Comment

I think we improved from last year a ton, despite the same result in the history books. I just need to see us get better than we were THIS year now.
                            That's the other part of the equation, for me. I'm no longer considering regular season accomplishments as the barometer for improvement.

59 wins, top 5 offense and defense, best home record, top-whatever point differential. All meant nothing in the end.

Comment

If I'm being 100% honest, out of the past 5 years, 3 of them have left me with a nasty feeling all summer. That is, all 3 sweeps.

Those 3 years felt like a massive failure to meet expectations. That's the part I despise. And if the same core is brought back, it's hard to expect anything but a 4th failure.
                              Honestly, nothing in sports should leave you with a "nasty feeling all Summer" at least not as far as wins and losses go. It's not real life ....

And I think this year was the only one where I felt we failed to meet expectations (I didn't think we were really that good other years but the Wiz sweep was embarrassing) and even at that, not something I'd label a "massive failure" but more a major disappointment.

I'll still sleep well, still enjoy friends, family, the cottage, a good steak and a cold IPA. Real life goes on ....
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Wed May 9, 2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I think he'd parrot the "physicality" line. It's true we have no one that strikes fear into the opposition. Not Kyle, not DeMar, not Ibaka, he's just crazy eyes not tough. The closest we have is OG not afraid to stare down LeBron and JV banging around in there by himself ....

Comment

Working...
                                X