This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Didn't realize Zach Lowe was the RR poster Shaolin was referring to.
    I should have quoted Shaolin. It's not a narrative.

And the word narrative is so overused it's ridiculous.

Comment

• ESPN "insiders" column today suggests several trades the Raptors can consider. The DD for Nic Batum and a pick seemed absurd but the narrative kind of made sense. DD for Wiggins straight up was another. Then we have Kawhi Leonard for DD, OG and Siakam. They suggest that Pop might be able to turn OG and Siakam into "borderline stars". Apparently our talent is valued somewhat differently outside the RR axis.

Comment

• How are these trade,

Ibaka to New Orleans for
        Hill and Ajinca

Norman sign and trade to Bucks for
        Jabari Parker - risk but worth it for the right Price

As a way to save money and add Picks
        Lowry and Richardson to Timberwolves for
        Teague, Cole Aldrich, 2018 first round, 2019 second

Sign Paul George

Teague - VanVleet - Wright
        DeRozan - Miles - Wright
        George - OGA - Wright
        Parker - Siakum
        Valanciunas - Poeltl

We will also have the number 20 Pick
        Last edited by Abbas; Sat May 12, 2018, 04:52 AM.
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Can Dan or someone recap sign and trade rules this offseason RE free agents assuming the raptors are over the cap.

Is there a 6 month waiting period after someone signs that cannot be traded or is that just extensions?
          The player doesn’t matter but let’s assume it’s a non max guy like Avery Bradley.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
            ESPN "insiders" column today suggests several trades the Raptors can consider. The DD for Nic Batum and a pick seemed absurd but the narrative kind of made sense. DD for Wiggins straight up was another. Then we have Kawhi Leonard for DD, OG and Siakam. They suggest that Pop might be able to turn OG and Siakam into "borderline stars". Apparently our talent is valued somewhat differently outside the RR axis.
            I think the raps can do this too!

Comment

• If the roster remains relatively intact (ie. Demar, Lowry and JV are still here) is it really possible for Nurse or Kalamanian to make that much difference? They've been here awhile, are either of those guys gonna get Demar to play harder defensively? I tend to think that someone from the outside might be necessary to get Demar or anyone else to change their game in a way thats needed for this team to improve.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                If the roster remains relatively intact (ie. Demar, Lowry and JV are still here) is it really possible for Nurse or Kalamanian to make that much difference? They've been here awhile, are either of those guys gonna get Demar to play harder defensively? I tend to think that someone from the outside might be necessary to get Demar or anyone else to change their game in a way thats needed for this team to improve.
                Answer: No, it's not.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  How are these trade,

Ibaka to New Orleans for
                  Hill and Ajinca

Norman sign and trade to Bucks for
                  Jabari Parker - risk but worth it for the right Price

As a way to save money and add Picks
                  Lowry and Richardson to Timberwolves for
                  Teague, Cole Aldrich, 2018 first round, 2019 second

Sign Paul George

Teague - VanVleet - Wright
                  DeRozan - Miles - Wright
                  George - OGA - Wright
                  Parker - Siakum
                  Valanciunas - Poeltl

We will also have the number 20 Pick
                  Genuinely wondering where the cap space to acquire Paul George appeared from after these trades.

Comment

• I'm pretty confident Masai will trade at least part of our core. Even if it means we "lose" a potential trade to get better.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      Can Dan or someone recap sign and trade rules this offseason RE free agents assuming the raptors are over the cap.

Is there a 6 month waiting period after someone signs that cannot be traded or is that just extensions?
                      The player doesn’t matter but let’s assume it’s a non max guy like Avery Bradley.
                      I think question 92 in Coon's FAQ might answer this question for you:
                      http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

To qualify for a sign-and-trade, all of the following must be true:
                      • The player must re-sign with his prior team -- a team cannot include another team's free agent in a sign-and-trade.
                      • The player must finish the preceding season with that team (deals are no longer allowed that sign-and-trade players who are out of the league, such as the sign-and-trade that sent Keith Van Horn from Dallas to New Jersey as part of the Jason Kidd trade in 2008).
                      • The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 42).
                      • The team receiving the player cannot be above the "Apron" (see question number 20) at the conclusion of the trade1, 2. A team above the Apron can receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the trade reduces the team's payroll and the team finishes the trade below the Apron.
                      • The team cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade if they have used the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see question number 25) that season.1
                      • The trade must be completed prior to the first game of the regular season (sign-and-trades are not allowed once the season begins).
                      • The player cannot be signed using the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, or any exception that cannot be used to offer a three-year contract (see question number 25).

Then use Sham's Capulator to figure out where our payroll is:
                      http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

For example, if we bring back the entire team and resign Fred to a 3 year / $27M type of contract. We'll already be above the apron by about $5.7M. So we won't be able to participate in a S&T.

Outside of a sign and trade.. Newly signed free agents cannot be traded after 6 months from the day they signed their contract. So if they signed in July.. they won't be able to get traded until around December. Rookie extensions typically happen when the season is about to start. Those guys are typically not tradeable until after the season ends (so around the draft). That's why Norm couldn't be traded all season.

Comment

• Toronto Star -
                        Intensely competitive.

That’s the first thing you hear when it comes to Jerry Stackhouse, the former Detroit Pistons star and current coach of the Toronto Raptors’ G League team who is seen as one of the best young coaches on the market.

His quick rise has one of the officials bullish on Stackhouse’s future, calling him and former Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer the best two coaches on the market.
                        Last edited by G__Deane; Sat May 12, 2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Dave Feschuk: Ujiri-Casey combo lasted longer than expected
                          Tension between coach Dwane Casey, fired Friday, and boss Masai Ujiri boiled over after that Game 3 loss to LeBron and the Cavs. Given that Ujiri inherited Casey when he took over the team five years ago, it’s amazing that they made it this far — and it’s always easier to fire the coach when remaking the roster is such heavy lifting, Dave Feschuk writes.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Can Dan or someone recap sign and trade rules this offseason RE free agents assuming the raptors are over the cap.

If you take a look in the cap thread (stickied), I posted the salary situation and a link to an article where I explain stuff like what the Raps can do re: sign and trades, and re: Norm.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Two words..Kawli Leonard..not sure how..but make it happen..that will make me really happy..second a coach who beat LeBron.. lastly..Lowry is got 2 go..not sure how, get him out, his a negative player..just a bad ora..his a sour player..cant win with those players..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Two words..Kawli Leonard..not sure how..but make it happen..that will make me really happy..second a coach who beat LeBron.. lastly..Lowry is got 2 go..not sure how, get him out, his a negative player..just a bad ora..his a sour player..cant win with those players..
                                Great advice, someone get this guy some connections to Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X