X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Doncic pulling a Steve Francis? lol.

People are making too big of a deal out of this - the Real Madrid season isn't over, Doncic is basically telling his teammates his head is still in the season, and he hasn't checked out. I don't think it's anything more than that.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Two pieces that may interest some here. The first a look at the tax implications of keeping the team together and the contract possibilities for FVV this summer. The second a more caution thrown to the winds trade speculation article with some trade ideas.

https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/5/16/...eet-luxury-tax

https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/5/17/...-lowry-derozan
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Two pieces that may interest some here. The first a look at the tax implications of keeping the team together and the contract possibilities for FVV this summer. The second a more caution thrown to the winds trade speculation article with some trade ideas.

DanH, is there any way to move DeMar to open up cap space and make an offer to say Tyreke Evans? Tyreke isn't a huge downgrade from DeMar, and fits better into the new offence (imo). Not a great defender either. If this is possible it could open up some cap space to perhaps sign FVV without tax implications or perhaps chase another under the radar 3pt shooter?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          DanH, is there any way to move DeMar to open up cap space and make an offer to say Tyreke Evans? Tyreke isn't a huge downgrade from DeMar, and fits better into the new offence (imo). Not a great defender either. If this is possible it could open up some cap space to perhaps sign FVV without tax implications or perhaps chase another under the radar 3pt shooter?
          The Raptors are basically guaranteed not to have real cap space. Best they can do is probably open up the MLE.

I would argue Evans is not the sort of player they should be targeting.

In any case, free agency is very unlikely to be a strategy for the team this year. Best they can realistically hope for is re-signing FVV. Outside of that, improvements will almost certainly come via trade.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Two pieces that may interest some here. The first a look at the tax implications of keeping the team together and the contract possibilities for FVV this summer. The second a more caution thrown to the winds trade speculation article with some trade ideas.

Did you get that Kawhi trade from here or think of it?

I mentioned almost the exact trade except without Delon

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Did you get that Kawhi trade from here or think of it?

I mentioned almost the exact trade except without Delon
              I read everything, everywhere, so it's very possible your suggested trade provided the basis for what I came up with when I was trying to compile trades. I did not intentionally leap frog off any specific ideas, besides "trade for Kawhi," but there's only so many ways for that deal to work. Basically has to be Kawhi plus either Gay or Gasol, and DeMar plus cheap stuff.

But yeah, if you posted a similar trade on here I'm sure I stole the idea to some degree or another.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Read the second one, nice work man.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Read the second one, nice work man.
                  Thanks!
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I read everything, everywhere, so it's very possible your suggested trade provided the basis for what I came up with when I was trying to compile trades. I did not intentionally leap frog off any specific ideas, besides "trade for Kawhi," but there's only so many ways for that deal to work. Basically has to be Kawhi plus either Gay or Gasol, and DeMar plus cheap stuff.

But yeah, if you posted a similar trade on here I'm sure I stole the idea to some degree or another.
                    Don’t take it the wrong way haha, didn’t mean to say you stole it.

Just that we had similar thoughts

Nice job btw, you keep it interesting to read

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      People are making too big of a deal out of this - the Real Madrid season isn't over, Doncic is basically telling his teammates his head is still in the season, and he hasn't checked out. I don't think it's anything more than that.
                      You’re probably right, but—-this is exactly one day after a Woj Pod with the Draft Express guys who gave that exact example if he doesn’t want to go to Sacramento or wanted to scare teams off he could say publicly he would stay in Europe

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        You’re probably right, but—-this is exactly one day after a Woj Pod with the Draft Express guys who gave that exact example if he doesn’t want to go to Sacramento or wanted to scare teams off he could say publicly he would stay in Europe
                        Sure, but it's basically the same thing as asking a free agent if he's planning on leaving during the playoffs - every guy will say "I'll decide in the offseason".
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Always click through the twitter hot take to the actual article, then you'll see this quote is meaningless.

From the article:

Alex Madrid of EuroHoops.net provided comments Doncic made during the EuroLeague Final Four press conference.

"Ι'm not sure if these are the last two games [in EuroLeague]," he said. "We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season."

Although the remarks may raise eyebrows based on the rising star's status as one of basketball's best young players, they must be taken with a grain of salt.

First, he's still an active player for Real Madrid as the club prepares to take on CSKA Moscow in the EuroLeague semifinals Friday. Talking about his future plans before that game would be like a college basketball player openly discussing his NBA outlook right before a Final Four game in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            Sure, but it's basically the same thing as asking a free agent if he's planning on leaving during the playoffs - every guy will say "I'll decide in the offseason".
                            I'm with ya Doyle. Not only is it professional to not talk about your next move away from your current team in the midst of big games happening, he had probably being given explicit instructions from his camp/agent to NOT discuss the NBA draft until the tournament is over.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Ok this is what needs to happen then i would be glad for a perfect offseason

1) Raptors hire either Nick Nurse or Stackhouse as our new HC
                                2) Raptors trade DeMar DeRozan on draft night along with CJ Miles and Malachi Richardson to Clippers for Patrick Beverly (waived), Tobias Harris, and Danilo Galinari, 2018 1st round pick (one of their pick)
                                - Demar goes home to LA to play with his buddy DeAndre Jordan who will most likely resign with the Clippers, he will also play with Lou Will and form a dynamic duo for that team. The Raptors acquire a good talent in Tobias Harris who will be our starting PF and a decent backup SF who can shoot the lights out in Galinari and we acquire a pick and turn it into a PG in Shai Alexander, a Toronto native, a future PG for us.
                                3) Raptors trade Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, and Jakob Poeltl to Minnesota for Jeff Teague, Andrew Wiggins, and Gorgui Dieng, Cash
                                - THe Wolves load up with talent in Lowry a veteran and hardnose PG to play with Butler and KTowns, a decent forward/center in Ibaka and a young center prospect in Poeltl who can backup Towns.
                                - The Raptors acquire a Toronto native in Andrew Wiggins who will be that cornerstone of the franchise for us to build around, an ok starting PG in Teague who will start for the Raptors but eventually will be shifted into backup role if one of FVV or SGA develops. Gorgui Dieng is a sold backup C for us behind Val.
                                4) Raptors use the cash to buy a 2nd round pick
                                5) Raptors draft Shai Gilgeous Alexander with the Clippers pick and Kostas Antetokoumpo with the 2nd round pick
                                6) Raptors resign FVV to a multi year deal

Raptors lineups
                                JTeague/FVV/SGA
                                AWiggins/Delon/Norm
                                OG/Danilo/Camp Invite
                                Tobias/PSiakam/Kostas
                                Val/GDieng/Camp Invite

Comment

Working...
                                X