This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I believe i can turn a team like the Knicks a perennial contender in 2 years. And i'm serious.
    ,,,,,, and I believe you can fly. Just like this guy.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      They have Gasol and Conley. They don't really have time to develop guys. Memphis can convince themselves in saying. This 4th pick might never be as good as Derozan.
      Lmao Memphis loses 60
      RR: They have all stars! Keep adding! You can do It!

Raptors win 60
      RR: tank! Blow it up! Now!
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I could never figure out if they weren't trading Gasol and Conely because they wanted to be bad for a year while plagued by injuries and bad contracts or if they were waiting for good deals for those two. I would go for the 4th pick, though I would be scared of the Parsons contract, thats a lot of dead weight.
        Parsons' contract is only two years. Which lines up perfectly with when all the other big contracts come off the books. And with it being worth a bit less than DeMar's, it helps the tax situation a bit.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Lmao Memphis loses 60

Raptors win 60
          Let me be perfectly clear: *I* think Memphis should rebuild.

They do not think that. Which means they are a front office prepared to make mistakes, which is exactly the type of front office you want to be trading with.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just noticed this trade was brought up on Memphis Grizzlies reddit and the fans are basically saying "hell, no."
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Lmao Memphis loses 60

Raptors win 60
              If I was them I wouldn't do it.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chinese NBA fans call Kyrie "Flat Mamba"

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  If I was them I wouldn't do it.
                  I think it could make sense. A core of Conely/Demar/Gasol is really good, they have always needed another shot creator/distributor. Commit to competing through Gasol/Conely's contracts then rebuild. Also, they have no young players to build around, so it would be a pretty brutal tank, whereas I think Masai can retool around some of these young guys, especially with a good pick.

Raptors should not full on tank for multiple years, they have enough young talent that I think they would be more wise in accumulating picks, keeping cap space and building around some of the guys on the roster. The 5-8 seed is still pretty open tbh.

Comment

• Tbh I'd want more than just the #4 for DeMar especially since we'd have to take back Parsons in any deal. I'd want Dillon Brooks + either Ivan Rabb/Deyonta Davis as well.

I also think the direction has to be rebuild after a trade like that. You can't just have a totally dead salary (who doesn't even fit into the lineup since he can't play 2-guard) like Parsons there and try to compete. Lowry, Ibaka and JV should be shopped heavily for deals afterwards.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Tbh I'd want more than just the #4 for DeMar especially since we'd have to take back Parsons in any deal. I'd want Dillon Brooks + either Ivan Rabb/Deyonta Davis as well.

I also think the direction has to be rebuild after a trade like that. You can't just have a totally dead salary (who doesn't even fit into the lineup since he can't play 2-guard) like Parsons there and try to compete. Lowry, Ibaka and JV should be shopped heavily for deals afterwards.
                      If Parsons is healthy, he absolutely can fit in the lineup, because of OG's defensive versatility. Either way, I think you're undervaluing the #4 pick.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        If Parsons is healthy, he absolutely can fit in the lineup, because of OG's defensive versatility. Either way, I think you're undervaluing the #4 pick.
                        I'd be asking for more too. But not their recent 1st rounders - they have a high 2nd round pick that I'm sure Masai could do wonders with. My version of the trade is DeMar for Parsons, 4 and 32.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'd be asking for more too. But not their recent 1st rounders - they have a high 2nd round pick that I'm sure Masai could do wonders with. My version of the trade is DeMar for Parsons, 4 and 32.
                          I mean, it's probably always good practice to ask for more, I'm just saying if it came down to just DeMar for Parsons and #4, I'd do that too.

Comment

I mean, it's probably always good practice to ask for more, I'm just saying if it came down to just DeMar for Parsons and #4, I'd do that too.
                            I'd have a hard time with it, especially if Dallas is open to moving their pick too, as a Matthews/5 deal seems better than a Parsons/4 deal.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No he can't.

He'd be even harder to hide on defense than DeMar and a lot of OG's best attributes are pretty wasted if you have him guarding 2s. I don't even think Parsons can guard the 3 either now with his injuries so you're probably trying to hide him on 4s. Which means what for Serge and JV?

This is not to even mention that the guy hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years now and is entering his 30s.

I need more in that trade than the #4. Didn't realize they had the #32 as well, I'd probably pull the trigger on it if we got both of those. Although I feel like I'd really want Dillon Brooks in the deal. Had a pretty good rookie season considering the team he's on. Can play the 2 or the 3.

I'd try to get #4 + #32 + Dillon Brooks + Parsons contract for DD

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I'd have a hard time with it, especially if Dallas is open to moving their pick too, as a Matthews/5 deal seems better than a Parsons/4 deal.
                                You haven't seen Chandler Parsons wife have you?

Comment

Working...
                                X