This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Final game showed that Doncic will struggle against long and athletic defenders.
    Unlike Ayton who excelled in his last game in the NCAA against a division II type team from the universtiy of buffalo...
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Showing a clip of Vesley doing something stupid doesn't really help the point. Still not overly impressed.
      This is just one clip from last night. Clearly you haven't seen clips of 17-18 year old Doncic moving grown professionals with his eyes.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Unlike Ayton who excelled in his last game in the NCAA against a division II type team from the universtiy of buffalo...
        Doncic is below-average on-ball defender. I mean, he's defending grown adults, but still. You can already see that his lateral quickness is average at best,

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          There are already reports that teams high in the lotto aren't enthusiastic about him. Which I agree is madness. But never overestimate NBA GMs and you won't be surprised.
          rocwell wrote: View Post
          Final game showed that Doncic will struggle against long and athletic defenders.
          Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I think Doncic is over rated somewhat. I think he is somewhere between a best case scenario (Ginobili) or worst case (Bellineli). Will probably fall somewhere in between but as a top 5 pick I don't see it.
          planetmars wrote: View Post
          Doncic seems like a guy that's getting to much hype. He looks like he'll be a solid pro, but I'm not seeing super star or top 10 player in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped.

Although I still see him going to the Suns.. and a lot of what we're hearing is just lip service.

Really boys ?

So a guy who has played against the men... in a league thats better than the NCAA ...and got voted in as the MVP of that league as a 19 year old is somehow considerably more suspect than Deandre Ayton...., Ayton who couldn't get his team from the incredibly wimpy PAC 12 past the PLAY IN game for the NCAA tournament populated by 18 year olds has a better resume.

This is ethnocentric thinking at best.... and 6 inch thick bullshit at worst..
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 21, 2018, 11:16 AM.
          - TGO

Comment

Doncic is below-average on-ball defender. I mean, he's defending grown adults, but still. You can already see that his lateral quickness is average at best,
            LMAO...

Mike Bossy couldn't back check.
            Bobby Orr couldn't fight.
            Charles Barkley was too small.
            Walter Payton played in a small school and couldn't run between the tackles.
            Randy Johnson didn't have another pitch besides his fastball.

Played against the men.. for 3 years. MVP of the second best league in the world at 19. Should we all have such problems.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 21, 2018, 11:13 AM.
            - TGO

Comment

Really boys ?

So a guy who has played against the men... in a league thats better than the NCAA ...and got voted in as the MVP of that league as a 19 year old is somehow considerably more suspect than Deandre Ayton...., Ayton who couldn't get his team in the incredibly wimpy PAC 12 to the PAC 12 tourney championship and couldn't get them past the PLAY IN game for the NCAA tournament populated by 18 year olds has a better resume.

You lumped me in to this little rant so I have to respond. I like Doncic.. but I don't think he'll be a super star which is what I'm trying to say. If you think he'll be as good as Lebron, Durant or Steph than all the power to you. I don't believe he'll be that good. And I don't think anyone in this draft will be that good.

Comment

Something people forget: The European rules allow defenders to be much more physical with ballhandlers than the NBA rules, and they have the college three-point line. His athleticism may not improve massively, but he will have more space to work with in the NBA.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  You lumped me in to this little rant so I have to respond. I like Doncic.. but I don't think he'll be a super star which is what I'm trying to say. If you think he'll be as good as Lebron, Durant or Steph than all the power to you. I don't believe he'll be that good. And I don't think anyone in this draft will be that good.
                  Its a big rant ... and no where have i said.. hinted or intimated that he is in the same tier as lebron or curry or durant .. thats you trying to make a point and I accept that at face value from you no harm. taken........ but Donic is a far better bet than he is being given credit for in those posts....
                  - TGO

Comment

LMAO...

Mike Bossy couldn't back check.
                    Bobby Orr couldn't fight.
                    Charles Barkley was too small.
                    Walter Payton played in a small school and couldn't run between the tackles.
                    Randy Johnson didn't have another pitch besides his fastball.

Played against the men.. for 3 years. MVP of the second best league in the world at 19. Should we all have such problems.
                    Man, I'm not blind. Lol. Doncic's lateral quickness is poor.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Something people forget: The European rules allow defenders to be much more physical with ballhandlers than the NBA rules, and they have the college three-point line. His athleticism may not improve massively, but he will have more space to work with in the NBA.
                      Doncic is darling of Euroleague. Refs love him.

I think Doncic's potential is very high. And I know that Europeans don't train fast to be fast. There are two daily practices. Shootaround and skills practice. Doncic's quickness will improve in America, I guess. By the way... Look at his footwork. He gon shoot Harden stepbacks in a couple years

Comment

Really boys ?

So a guy who has played against the men... in a league thats better than the NCAA ...and got voted in as the MVP of that league as a 19 year old is somehow considerably more suspect than Deandre Ayton...., Ayton who couldn't get his team from the incredibly wimpy PAC 12 past the PLAY IN game for the NCAA tournament populated by 18 year olds has a better resume.

Rubio had a very similar hype coming in, again good player but not a legit All -Star caliber player.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Rubio had a very similar hype coming in, again good player but not a legit All -Star caliber player.
                            I mean similar in the way that they were the highest ranked international guys coming into the draft. Most international guys actually get overhyped, not sure about Doncic though, he seems like the real deal.

Comment

• Ricky's hype was fake-ish. He was struggling in Europe. Before and post-draft.

Comment

• Also, what about Doncic's buy out? How much is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X