X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    Basketball genius?
    No offence but if you are not an NBA GM, what do you do for living?
    Sell Enciclopedia Britanica?
    Why are you talking like a 15 year old kid?

On these forums, we debate and speak our minds but we do so in a mature, respectful, and engaging manner.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

On these forums, we debate and speak our minds but we do so in a mature, respectful, and engaging manner.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

goat

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            this looks a lot like gerry dee

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Zainab is the RR mom
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                For the first bit: A trade for a superstar isn't happening, its just not. Raps don't have the assets to even get Leonard, but if by some miracle they did, Leonard would dip to LA after a year. No teams are giving up their superstar for an all star, that would be moronic. Not what "swing for the fences, or stay put" means exactly. It seems like you want a surfire superstar, which just won't happen (Maaaaayyybe Ingram in the right context), I don't think any team is stupid enough to trade a guy 1-3 years into the league that looks like they will be a superstar. Teams trade for picks which become those players. The examples of guys who legitimately look like superstars on rookie deals getting traded are so finite and all rely on context to rationalize.

Edit: sorry if that came off strong, it was a rough period of the Jets game for me.
                What I mean by "swing for the fences" is a trade like that, Kawhi, Ingram or KAT, something on those lines. I agree they're difficult to pull off. That said, if we take the deterioration of the Kawhi-Spurs relationship, the controversy around the true nature of his injury, plus the fact that for the first time in a while, after letting Casey go, the Raps front office might really be ready to deconstruct the core, I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility at all, albeit unlikely.

We may not have a lot of picks but we're one of the deepest teams in the NBA as of now, on top of having our all-star back court no longer untouchable. What I'd personally like to see this summer, is for us to leverage this depth for solid, mentally tough two-way players (Kawhi being the prototype of that, but it doesn't have to be him).

Last summer, Masai surgically/precisely attacked what was the main problem with the team: antiquated ISO offence over-reliant on Lowry/Derozan. Not only he was successful in that (the offence was efficient and rated among the highest throughout the year, including the playoffs), but he did so without changing the coach/core, in spite of many doubting ( I was one).

What killed us this year was defence and mental weakness. Imo, what he needs to do this summer is surgically/precisely attack that. Except this year, to make his job a bit easier, he has one of the deepest teams in the league where no one seems really untouchable anymore. If we somehow manage to become decent playoff defenders with more mental toughness, while preserving what we just built on the offensive end, we're right back at contending.

I personally don't think we need to "become worse" this year, though there will probably be a time for that, where we might have to eat some Parsons-type contracts when our window naturally closes. Just not yet, imo.

Comment

It was not my intent to offend anybody (and if I did I apologize) but Im pretty sure Madai has forgotten about bball more than most of us will evet know.
                  As Raps gans we all have good intentions, but it takes a lot more than that.

Comment

Sounds like he got criticized and told to work on a few flaws on his game over the off-season, like defense, and didn’t take it to well. Millennial.

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Sounds like he got criticized and told to work on a few flaws on his game over the off-season, like defense, and didn’t take it to well. Millennial.
                        KAT is Gen Z kid

Comment

curry really has the worst kicks in the game

Comment

That's turrible.
                            Last edited by Hotshot; Sat May 19, 2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              curry really has the worst kicks in the game
                              They look like they’re made out of LEGO.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                They look like they’re made out of LEGO.
                                It looks like his daughter designed them

Comment

Working...
                                X