This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bring JV off the bench, and have Poeltl ride it longer. Use Siakam or CJ in the starting unit. Lots of options actually.
    Than you only have one legit shooter with Lowry starting.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Poeltl would be a year better. It's pretty obvious who they would try to move. Same guy who was in trade talk yesterday.

Wasn't he FOR SURE gone by the deadline? Or FOR SURE last offseason?

I dunno, he just keeps surviving these deadlines you declare
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Than you only have one legit shooter with Lowry starting.

CJ can shoot.. he'd be the starting 4 next to DJ. JV subs in for DJ instead of Poeltl. Poeltl gets like 5-6 mpg. Then we pivot in the summer if DJ walks. If he resigns then we look for a trade partner for either JV or Poeltl for a better 4.

The point I'm making is we can't assume that the DJ trade talk had anything to do with JV. It might have.. but it could have been to save money. And the easiest target would have been Ibaka who makes more than JV and can be traded for DJ without giving up other assets.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Wasn't he FOR SURE gone by the deadline? Or FOR SURE last offseason?

I dunno, he just keeps surviving these deadlines you declare
          Only said it would be his last season on the club. I still belive that. Tried to get their guy DAJ but, clips wouldn't bite. They say the third time is the charm.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hey, I proposed the Ibaka-for-DAJ talk originally, but the far more likely scenario is that the Clips leaked a fake rumour to try to drive up the price on DAJ. They clearly weren't getting the bites they wanted and got desperate close to the deadline. Heck, the rumour didn't even mention specifics, just "Raptors trying to get into the talks." Considering the Clips didn't manage to move him at all, I'd be surprised if trying to get into the talks would have been all that hard.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

CJ can shoot.. he'd be the starting 4 next to DJ. JV subs in for DJ instead of Poeltl. Poeltl gets like 5-6 mpg. Then we pivot in the summer if DJ walks. If he resigns then we look for a trade partner for either JV or Poeltl for a better 4.

The point I'm making is we can't assume that the DJ trade talk had anything to do with JV. It might have.. but it could have been to save money. And the easiest target would have been Ibaka who makes more than JV and can be traded for DJ without giving up other assets.
              It seems like things would be much more simple if it was JV. Your Ibaka scenario changes a lot of players rolls on this team. JV going back seems way more practical.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It seems like things would be much more simple if it was JV. Your Ibaka scenario changes a lot of players rolls on this team. JV going back seems way more practical.

But it wouldn't just be JV.. you would have to include one, more likely two bench guys too (not including Powell who couldn't be traded).

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Hey, I proposed the Ibaka-for-DAJ talk originally, but the far more likely scenario is that the Clips leaked a fake rumour to try to drive up the price on DAJ. They clearly weren't getting the bites they wanted and got desperate close to the deadline. Heck, the rumour didn't even mention specifics, just "Raptors trying to get into the talks." Considering the Clips didn't manage to move him at all, I'd be surprised if trying to get into the talks would have been all that hard.
                  Just weird out of all the teams to pick, they use a team that doesn't a need at center. Seems fishy they would use the raps. Your entitled to your opinion though.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

But it wouldn't just be JV.. you would have to include one, more likely two bench guys too (not including Powell who couldn't be traded).
                    Yeah, I think FVV and Bebe would have been added. Since those two are pretty much gone after this year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah, I think FVV and Bebe would have been added. Since those two are pretty much gone after this year.

I don't think that would work.. FVV doesn't make that much. Probably more like JV+CJ or JV+Bebe+Poeltl.

Comment

Why the fuck would the Clippers want guys who will likely bolt or wash out in the offseason (could see Bebe leaving for Europe)? They trade this supposedly elite C for zero long term pieces to help them? Yeah, that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Just weird out of all the teams to pick, they use a team that doesn't a need at center. Seems fishy they would use the raps. Your entitled to your opinion though.

What? There's only so many contenders to pick from. What were they going to do, leak that the Suns wanted to trade for him because they had a need at centre? The Cavs and Celts were the teams they were trying to get offers up from, so they can't use them (and they were already considered candidates), MIL had been in rumours for ages, no one at the top of the West makes sense. Need a new team in the running if you want to goose the market.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Anybody with a sniff at the Finals or a big name to move gets all the pre-deadline chatter. That's just where the excitement is.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Ibaka got leaked, Tucker got leaked. Marc Spears is also well resoected around the league. Where there is smoke there is fire. The fact that Raps made a call with the way JV is playing says a lot to me. That's just me though. Maybe the clippers didn't like our offer. They really wanted a 1st and we dont have those.

ESPN also "leaked" that LeBron wanted to go to GSW this off season, which was so obviously false that people from both teams laughed at it. Sometimes reporters, even credible reporters, say stupid things to generate clicks. Fans and reporters talked about Ibaka and Tucker for ages before those trades, which was connecting the dots as much as anything. Sure Masai probably tested JV's value in the off season and now, doesn't mean that he wanted to trade him.

Honestly I would much rather have JV than DJ. JV does a lot more things well on the court, and DJ is highly over rated as a defender imo. Plus, I wouldn't be eager to give a soon to be 30 yr old center who relies on athleticism a big contract.

Comment

Can Powell be traded at the draft?

Comment

Working...
                                X