No announcement yet.

2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Raptors want VC so he can be an active part of the team, or so they can retire his number and get closure on an ugly part of Raptor history? I dunno how the fallout between he and the franchise/fans when he left is perceived around the league, but I'm sure Masai would want to mend that.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Do the Raptors want VC so he can be an active part of the team, or so they can retire his number and get closure on an ugly part of Raptor history? I dunno how the fallout between he and the franchise/fans when he left is perceived around the league, but I'm sure Masai would want to mend that.
      Vince has been a bit of a vagabond in his career... 6 years in Toronto.... 5 in New Jersey.... 1 in Orlando...1 in Phoenix ...3 in Dallas... 3 in Memphis and he is now showering and taking his mail in Sacto...

Not sure he really wants to retire as a Raptor... if he does great.... give him the one day contract.....but let him ask for it...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Vince has been a bit of a vagabond in his career... 6 years in Toronto.... 5 in New Jersey.... 1 in Orlando...1 in Phoenix ...3 in Dallas... 3 in Memphis and he is now showering and taking his mail in Sacto...

Not sure he really wants to retire as a Raptor... if he does great.... give him the one day contract.....but let him ask for it...
        How interested is he in wanting to play in some intense basketball again? The guy hasn't been on a final 4 contender since 2009
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          How interested is he in wanting to play in some intense basketball again? The guy hasn't been on a final 4 contender since 2009
          Wasn't he on the Grizzlies when they went to the WCF?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            They lost to the Warriors in the 2nd round. Gave them a good scare though, were actually up 2-1 in the series, and Vince got major rotation minutes. So you're basically right he was in some fun games
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              He's played 21 playoff games over the past three seasons with MEM, 28 over the past 4, including 11 on that 14-15 MEM team that lost in the WCSF.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                The least of my concerns about Vince is his intensity. He knows what his reputation is in Toronto, and I think he'd give 150% in garbage time, just for the opportunity for the chance to change that narrative and contribute even in a small way. However, I'm not saying he's the best fit; not saying Raptors should do it.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  The least of my concerns about Vince is his intensity. He knows what his reputation is in Toronto, and I think he'd give 150% in garbage time, just for the opportunity for the chance to change that narrative and contribute even in a small way. However, I'm not saying he's the best fit; not saying Raptors should do it.
                  I'm not seeing any suggestions for other realistic "good" fits. Vince can play a couple of positions, still seems able to turn it up when required, puts up better numbers during playoff appearances and fills a position of need. If somebody better becomes available (assuming Vince is even available) then go with the better option. The Raptors could use another player as injury insurance.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I think if VC was really interested in returning, it would have happened by now..

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure he would want to retire as a Raptor..especially since New Jersey isn't an option anymore. The thing is Masai I think wants VC to retire a Raptor even more so than VC does. He wants to build this franchise up, get some jersey's hanging from the rafters..

Comment

• If Vince is ready to come back, then it's a no-brainer, we need the veteran presence and that hype in the playoffs. The one thing against him that he may steal the spotlight from our main guys just because the feelgood narrative, however he's got nothing to do with the recent success of the team.

Another option: Josh McRoberts? A good passing big, can shoot the three, got the swagger.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          My gut feeling is that Masai's interest in Vince is less about mending fences, or establishing legacies, and more about making the 2017-18 Raptors a tougher out in the playoffs.

Comment

• weird how it is taking this long to get VC, maybe it isnt happening this year....

I would also be interested in channing frye (one of the many raptor killer)

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
                              weird how it is taking this long to get VC, maybe it isnt happening this year....

Deadline for waivers is March 1st. No rush.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
                                weird how it is taking this long to get VC, maybe it isnt happening this year....

Frye would be an excellent get. Jonas and Channing would be bombing 3's all day!

Comment

Working...
                                X