• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Paroled baby

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      What are Anthony Parker and Jorge Garbajosa up to?
      Hey I'm all in! Makes you wonder why Cleveland got rid of some of their high profile vets and brought in younger players. Maybe we could get Dwayne Wade to be bought out? Shump? Hell... Let's go all in and see if IT becomes available. Anyone know what beach Bargs was last seen at? Hoffa...?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        My gut feeling is that Masai's interest in Vince is less about mending fences, or establishing legacies, and more about making the 2017-18 Raptors a tougher out in the playoffs.
        I think the opposite. He's a bit of a closet fan boy who somehow think Vince still legitimizes Toronto as a place for (has-been) stars. It's not like he doesn't think Vince can contribute somehow but as someone else posted above, I think Masai fantasizes about the rafter raising as much as the post season success at this point, where the realistic goal is still the ECF.

Other than that, everyone knows my viewpoint. I don't think he helps much, could potentially disrupt chemistry.
        I wouldn't bring the quitter back for anything.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          You know what's crazy? If the Raps did somehow crazily manage to get Bosh AND Vince, they could conceivably trot out the best PG, two best wings, best PF and best C in franchise history in one lineup, even if a couple guys are outside their prime.

Lowry
          DeRozan
          Vince
          Bosh
          JV

Right?
          This to me is nuts. I wasn't sold on the idea of bringing either in ... but now I am.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Bring in Bosh, bring in VC. Then ask the Cavs to buyout Calderon.

Then this team can have the ghosts of Raptors past (Bosh, VC, Calderon)
            The ghosts of Raptors present (Lowry, DD, Ibaka, JV)
            And the ghosts of Raptors future (OG, Powell, FVV, Delon, Poeltl, Siakam)
            I hope you are not serious about Jose.
            VC & Bosh on the other hand would be a solid upgrade & 2 very usefull players (sentimentality aside).

Comment

• Posted this in the Vince thread too.

More from Lewenberg:

Josh Lewenberg
              ‏Verified account @JLew1050

With the buyout market expected to heat up in the next 10 days and the Raptors still intending to fill their vacant 15th roster spot, one guy to keep an eye on is Orlando's Arron Afflalo.

I get the sense the Raptors have a player in mind and Masai Ujiri seems confident that his guy will be out there and would choose Toronto. He had Afflalo in Denver and then there's the Orlando connection with Magic president/former Raps GM Jeff Weltman.

At 32, Afflalo isn't the player he once was, but would be a solid fit for the role the Raptors have to offer. He's a career 39% 3pt shooter (37% this year) and could give them some needed veteran insurance on the wing.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Posted this in the Vince thread too.

More from Lewenberg:
                " Open to bring Carter back in the future" he is 41 years old! He barley has anything in the tank, its now or never.

Aaron Afflalo was absolutely terrible this year in Orlando. At this point I'd rather use Malcolm Miller if we need an insurance guy. Techincally speaking Norm is the insurance guy cause of a subpar year.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  " Open to bring Carter back in the future" he is 41 years old! He barley has anything in the tank, its now or never.

Aaron Afflalo was absolutely terrible this year in Orlando. At this point I'd rather use Malcolm Miller if we need an insurance guy. Techincally speaking Norm is the insurance guy cause of a subpar year.
                  I've never liked afflalo attitude throughout his career, and he's played in losers only

Kind of disappointing and underwhelming tbh considering all the rumblings coming from ujiri and Webster and grange etc
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I've never liked afflalo attitude throughout his career, and he's played in losers only

Kind of disappointing and underwhelming tbh considering all the rumblings coming from ujiri and Webster and grange etc
                    Yep Afflalo is like scraping the bottom of the barrel, while Vince Carter makes the most sense at this point. We need another "bench dad" to roll with the kids. Its also a feel good story which American media will eat up and give the Raps more exposure and respect ( which means maybe more national televised playoffs games and less early afternoon games).

Comment

i think the raps will sign Vince for 1 day and retire his jersey similar to how Boston handled pierce

Comment

• In true Masai fashion, I think whoever we sign will be out of left field. My money is on Diaw

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          i think the raps will sign Vince for 1 day and retire his jersey similar to how Boston handled pierce
                          That's so meaningless and superficial imo

Comment

Yep Afflalo is like scraping the bottom of the barrel, while Vince Carter makes the most sense at this point. We need another "bench dad" to roll with the kids. Its also a feel good story which American media will eat up and give the Raps more exposure and respect ( which means maybe more national televised playoffs games and less early afternoon games).
                            I'd much rather get the most effective guy than try to get a feel-good story to manage our media exposure. Problem is I don't know if Afflalo is all that effective given his recent history... Dude can't even clear 13 minutes a game on one of the worst teams in the league.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I'd much rather get the most effective guy than try to get a feel-good story to manage our media exposure. Problem is I don't know if Afflalo is all that effective given his recent history... Dude can't even clear 13 minutes a game on one of the worst teams in the league.
                              Exactly. Vince is more effective. And I think it's more likely he brings more positive than negative to the locker room and chemistry. And at the day feel good stories are icing on the cake. It's not really sports, It's sports entertainment.

It is what it is though I'm not gonna get all up in arms about it. Ujiri has certainly been right more times than me in his decisions where I've disagreed

Comment

That's so meaningless and superficial imo
                                i think it's classey

Comment

Working...
                                X