2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Pretty obvious that Raptors' FO wants to make this move. It really comes down to if Vince wants to come back.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I really dont want Vince back. Powell already gets zero minutes as is.. we really have no need for him on the roster.

We need a big ... preferably a PF as we are thin there after Siakam...

Comment

With the way Ersan Ilyasova plays, I can't wait the Raptors acquire him through buyout that is if the Hawks will buy him out. We can sign Vince next year if he still wants to roll for another season. Because with the injury of OG Anuoby, I believe it's time to sign Ersan Ilyasova and have him be our starting SF until Norman Powell finds his groove (which I dont know if he will - we can use him as a trade bait along with Lowry for a future PG in the summer)

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
        I really dont want Vince back. Powell already gets zero minutes as is.. we really have no need for him on the roster.

We need a big ... preferably a PF as we are thin there after Siakam...
        Powell is getting almost zero minutes cause he can't hit a 3 consistently and gets blocked almost everytime he heads straight to the basket.

Get me Vince or Channing Frye. Another 3 point shooter couldn't hurt.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Powell is getting almost zero minutes cause he can't hit a 3 consistently and gets blocked almost everytime he heads straight to the basket.

Get me Vince or Channing Frye. Another 3 point shooter couldn't hurt.
          Vince or Ilyasova. No interest in Frye. But I doubt Ilyasova would be interested in coming here, we can’t promise huge minutes. Vince wants minutes too but is already getting DNP-CD’d and averaging only 16 MPG when he does play, so might be open to a more sporadic role.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Vince or Ilyasova. No interest in Frye. But I doubt Ilyasova would be interested in coming here, we can’t promise huge minutes. Vince wants minutes too but is already getting DNP-CD’d and averaging only 16 MPG when he does play, so might be open to a more sporadic role.
            Seriously?? What would Vince do for us? He is a below average playoff performer, who couldn't guard a pylon. Check his stats. He would add nothing to the shooting ability of this team (never mind defence), which is the purpose of adding a player via buyout.

Ilyasova the same. He has NEVER in his career been a reliable 3-point shooter, let along in the playoffs where he is AWFUL.

Frye is the ONLY guy in this year's buyout class that has demonstrated through his career that he drains 3's at an above average rate. Not only that, he is DEADLY in playoff situations, shooting well above average from deep the last two postseasons.

Masai, Get Frye!! Whatever it takes, we gotta get him, esp now that Marco is gone. Not to mention he solves depth at PF position. Only issue is, the Warriors will probably get him to spite Lebron.

Comment

gorapsgo wrote: View Post
              Seriously?? What would Vince do for us? He is a below average playoff performer, who couldn't guard a pylon. Check his stats. He would add nothing to the shooting ability of this team (never mind defence), which is the purpose of adding a player via buyout.

Ilyasova the same. He has NEVER in his career been a reliable 3-point shooter, let along in the playoffs where he is AWFUL.

Frye is the ONLY guy in this year's buyout class that has demonstrated through his career that he drains 3's at an above average rate. Not only that, he is DEADLY in playoff situations, shooting well above average from deep the last two postseasons.

Masai, Get Frye!! Whatever it takes, we gotta get him, esp now that Marco is gone. Not to mention he solves depth at PF position. Only issue is, the Warriors will probably get him to spite Lebron.
              Frye can’t play PF. He can barely keep up with C’s anymore. Frye is worse defensively than either of the guys I suggested.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Vince fits precisely because he doesn't have to play much to have a positive impact. He'd be a distraction to the media, but in the lockerroom I'd bet on quite the opposite. He's got a hard-working, winning veteran attitude these days - a guy that can accept being a bench mentor and model citizen for the younger guys and a rock-solid roleplayer when he does get called on to play.

Otherwise, don't fuck with the rotation.
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Feb 11, 2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Probably have our minds on someone else. No room for Belinelli here
                  It could also mean that maybe Marco thinks he has a better shot at a much better contract w 76ers next year (esp if they let JJ walk)

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Vince fits precisely because he doesn't have to play much to have a positive impact. He'd be a distraction to the media, but in the lockerroom I'd bet on quite the opposite. He's got a hard-working, winning veteran attitude these days - a guy that can accept being a bench mentor and model citizen for the younger guys and a rock-solid roleplayer when he does get called on to play.

You nailed it. Vince or nothing (IMO).

Comment

Sounds like it was a little of column a and a little of column b. By the tweet that went out, it seems like we were on the list of teams inquiring about Belinelli (although with Masai you never know). Kind of an odd list with okc and Portland joining us and the sixers. No celts, no cavs.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

And, to be honest, even adding Vince doesn't really mess with the rotation. We've still got Fred, Yak, Delon and Pascal first off the bench. But for 10th man minutes, Casey will have the luxury of choosing between Miles/Powell/Vince, depending on what's needed on any given night.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          And, to be honest, even adding Vince doesn't really mess with the rotation. We've still got Fred, Yak, Delon and Pascal first off the bench. But for 10th man minutes, Casey will have the luxury of choosing between Miles/Powell/Vince, depending on what's needed on any given night.
                          That, and of course added insurance for the inevitable injury or 3 still to come.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Mapko: 10/10 avatar

Comment

Hearing that Troy Williams is being released. Would Masai take a flyer on him?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, my point was that anyone added off buyout/waivers shouldn't be expected to be a significant part of the rotation. The rotation is too good for VC or any of the other guys to impact it significantly. I probably should have written "Bottomline" instead of "Otherwise".

Comment

Working...
                                X