2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

We've got a few threads that touch on this but maybe it will help to have a dedicated one (for targets not named Air Canada). There have been many names thrown out. Vince, Joe, Marco, Ersan etc. Monroe has already been bought out and snatched up. The deadline for being bought out is less than 3 weeks away. Who do you want? Who do we not want our competitors getting? Let the other (and relatively new for us) games begin.

Guys I'd like us to take a chance on are Carter (more for his actual contributions and not for sentimental reasons) Bellinelli, or Johnson, probably in that order. Johnson still has some skill but I don't see him meshing with our style of play as much as the other two.

Guy I'm most worried about our opposition getting is Brook Lopez to Cleveland, as I think he fixes a lot of major holes for them. But not sure if LA buys him out... there's been rumours both ways. I assume Cleveland and LA would have had that discussion during their trade talks. Not at all worried about Cleveland picking up Perkins.

Seriously, though, this is one of the worst parts of the NBA salary/roster system, and needs to be fixed during the next CBA discussions.

Comment

One other name I see being floated today about potentially coming back to the NBA is Boris Diaw. No idea if he can even play anymore but might be an interesting front court pick up if all the Raps are looking to do is add depth.

Comment

Would Sacto buy out JJ and Vince (after waiving their former lotto pick)? I have no idea what's going on over there (I know I know join the club).

Comment

Sposeda get ta +1 by Wednesday, eh!
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            One other name I see being floated today about potentially coming back to the NBA is Boris Diaw. No idea if he can even play anymore but might be an interesting front court pick up if all the Raps are looking to do is add depth.
            First Perkins now diaw. It reminds me of the royal rumble when you get old school wrestlers making suprise appearances

"Who's next...bah gawd! It's hacksaw jim Duggan making his way to the ring!"

Comment

I would target Channing Frye if he becomes available, I dont want him to play but the intel he can provide for a potential match-up against the Cavs come play-off time could be priceless.

Comment

2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Joe Johnson because he’s a guy I trust taking big shots.
                Last edited by Maury; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Bring in ISO Joe!!! (To stand in the corner)

Comment

Want no part of Joe Johnson. I'd put my list of interest as VC, Ilyasova, Beli, probably in that order. Will have to see if there are any other surprise entries to the field.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Want no part of Joe Johnson. I'd put my list of interest as VC, Ilyasova, Beli, probably in that order. Will have to see if there are any other surprise entries to the field.
                      Yeah Joe looks done from what I've seen of Utah this year. Guys who were big, slow and methodical IN THEIR PRIME don't usually age well...see Scola, Luis

Comment

Question, is Joe Johnson a hall of famer?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Question, is Joe Johnson a hall of famer?
                          I say hell no, but in the somewhat "Sad!" NBA hall of fame, probably

Comment

Yeah I don't see how Joe Johnson would help. Not a shooter anymore. Might be good in the clutch in the playoffs, but is he getting that shot? Or is he just going to be a decoy while DD figures something out?

Comment

Working...
                            X