2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Frye would be an excellent get. Jonas and Channing would be bombing 3's all day!
    But Frye is a blackhole on defense...

Comment

• Marks has an insider article on who he thinks would be the best players available in the buyout market:
      http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...igned-unsigned

Here is his buyout list:

1. Corey Brewer (LA Lakers)
      2. Shabazz Muhammad (Minnesota)
      3. Arron Afflalo (Orlando)
      4. Jarrett Jack (New York)

Here is his free agent list:

1. Tony Allen
      2. Gerald Henderson

Free agents by position (wing):

1. Jordan Crawford
      2. Marcus Thornton (China)
      3. Rodney Stuckey
      4. Damien Wilkins
      5. Rashad Vaughn
      6. Quincy Pondexter
      7. Elijah Millsap
      8. Mike Dunleavy Jr.
      9. Alan Anderson

Free agents by position (PF):

1. Boris Diaw (France)
      2. Derrick Williams (China)
      3. Jameel Warney
      4. Johnny O'Bryant
      5. Josh McRoberts

Note: He also lists PG's and Centers, but we have no need for either so I'm excluding them.

Unlikely to get bought out:

1. Tyreke Evans (Memphis)
      2. Brook Lopez (LA Lakers)
      3. Nerlens Noel (Dallas)
      4. Ersan Ilyasova (Atlanta)
      5. Alex Len (Phoenix)
      6. Garrett Temple (Sacramento)
      7. Vince Carter (Sacramento)
      8. Mario Chalmers (Memphis)

Comment

• adamissobaked wrote: View Post
        But Frye is a blackhole on defense...
        He has virtually the same def rating as Ibaka.

But he's not there for D, he's there to hit 3's and spread the floor against teams when they're subbing or resting playmakers, in place of JV, or Siakam, or even Poeltl. Frye is a bonafide playoff performer, something this team sorely lacks.

Of course, we all hope Demar and Kyle show up this year...

Comment

• I like the idea of Frye and Siakam/Poeltl splitting 2nd half duties depending on whether we need offense or defense
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Chris Bosh considering a return to the league. Considers GSW, Hou and the Raps as the top 3 teams in the league. He never said he'd return to Toronto, but he'd consider whoever makes the best offer. Although he also mentions that the offseason is more realistic for a return to the league. Article on theScore mobile app.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Chris Bosh considering a return to the league. Considers GSW, Hou and the Raps as the top 3 teams in the league. He never said he'd return to Toronto, but he'd consider whoever makes the best offer. Although he also mentions that the offseason is more realistic for a return to the league. Article on theScore mobile app.
              It's from him being on first take
              https://youtu.be/rU-AoKGfg8c

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Chris Bosh considering a return to the league. Considers GSW, Hou and the Raps as the top 3 teams in the league. He never said he'd return to Toronto, but he'd consider whoever makes the best offer. Although he also mentions that the offseason is more realistic for a return to the league. Article on theScore mobile app.
                He actually said that out loud? WTF? I thought that biosh was all about building his brand. Insult an entire maket... smart move.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  He actually said that out loud? WTF? I thought that biosh was all about building his brand. Insult an entire maket... smart move.
                  I think you misread that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yeah, he never said he would but he never said he wouldn't. If Masai made an offer, I'm sure he'd consider, and maybe even jump at the opportunity if no other contender came calling.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think he really cares where he plays.. just that he does. He's waiting for an offer from any team really.

Comment

• Not sure what I think of him returning, mostly I'd be worried for his health and not sure I want the distraction of that around the Raptors, which would be even more of a distraction than Carter. That said, he fits more of a need than Carter, if he's in game shape.

If I remember correctly, his blood clot condition is exacerbated by long flights, and that makes the Raptors (with no trips out of the eastern time zone again this regular season) one of the safer situations.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          i think you are mis reading this act

Comment

• Imagine LeBron vs bosh cavs vs raptors conf finals. A d wade back chilling in Miami. Lol
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bring in Bosh, bring in VC. Then ask the Cavs to buyout Calderon.

Then this team can have the ghosts of Raptors past (Bosh, VC, Calderon)
                              The ghosts of Raptors present (Lowry, DD, Ibaka, JV)
                              And the ghosts of Raptors future (OG, Powell, FVV, Delon, Poeltl, Siakam)

Comment

• You know what's crazy? If the Raps did somehow crazily manage to get Bosh AND Vince, they could conceivably trot out the best PG, two best wings, best PF and best C in franchise history in one lineup, even if a couple guys are outside their prime.

Lowry
                                DeRozan
                                Vince
                                Bosh
                                JV

Right?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X