2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    If you just want a tough guy in the locker-room regardless of ability go sign Perkins or Tony Allen tbh.
    Tony Allen might be a good fit actually. Assuming he's only there for the locker room (or if OG needs some time off). Everyone seems to love Perkins. I heard the Cavs were interested in him though.

Comment

• On the Fan in Toronto this morning, they said the interest in Vince had cooled down (thank goodness) but they are kicking the tires on the Magic's Arron Afflalo and his 37% threes

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        On the Fan in Toronto this morning, they said the interest in Vince had cooled down (thank goodness) but they are kicking the tires on the Magic's Arron Afflalo and his 37% threes
        Old news. Read unread posts first
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Awesome new tool from shamsports

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Comment

• We've been pretty bad on offence in the playoffs though haven't we? Teams tend to clamp down of our two stars and that has always lead to struggles. If you can get more two way players like Afflalo to help relieve some of the pressure on KL and DD in the playoffs and aren't giving up much then it's a good move.

Depends on how serious Ujiri thinks the teams chances are this year. If he thinks we are still a tier below the contenders then I say you give the young players as much experience as you can playing in the playoffs.

Comment

• Can someone tell me wtf we are going to do this offseason? Are we keeping both Wright and Vanvleet? How far into the tax will we have to go just to keep the current team together before we even think about improving?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                Can someone tell me wtf we are going to do this offseason? Are we keeping both Wright and Vanvleet? How far into the tax will we have to go just to keep the current team together before we even think about improving?

We're getting rid of Powell and signing FVV
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  We're getting rid of Powell and signing FVV
                  Is wright not a FA too?

Comment

Is wright not a FA too?

Nope, one more year of rookie scale salary. FA the following summer.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Nope, one more year of rookie scale salary. FA the following summer.
                      Well that is beautiful

Comment

Can someone tell me wtf we are going to do this offseason? Are we keeping both Wright and Vanvleet? How far into the tax will we have to go just to keep the current team together before we even think about improving?

Recommend reading through this thread:

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...l=1#post807702

But long story short, Raps are pretty much definitely going to pay taxes. But to keep the tax totals reasonable, if the Raps want to keep FVV (and if there's any market at all for him), they probably have to shed one salary or another (Powell, Miles, JV being the most likely candidates).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It’s been quiet on the waver front... very few rumours on guys asking for buyouts
                          Last edited by saints91; Wed Feb 21, 2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            It’s been quite on the waver front... very few rumours on guys asking for buyouts
                            March 1st is the deadline. I imagine a lot will come down to the wire, as teams see how much money the player is willing to leave on the table to get out of their deals.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I hadn't thought of Tony Allen once, and I'm not sure he's the guy, but this is probably the right direction. The biggest hole in the roster right now is that we only have one player - OG - who can credibly guard Lebron. Finding someone who can challenge LBJ somewhat might be the best move. Not sure who that is though.
                              Pascal?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Pascal?
                                No, skinny and questionable decision making.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X