2018 Buyouts? Who's going where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet on Bobo. Diaw is coming...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

1) This system is flawed. The NBA realized it when Stackhouse made a mockery of the original system years ago. It makes the stronger teams strong in an unfair way. Even if we get someone, the system still is rigged.

2) Don't fret about "how will player X find minutes on our team when we can't get minutes for Norm?". To mix sports metaphors, the Yankee teams were always great because if any good/great player got injured, they had a good/great player on the bench to replace them. We need that insurance. You never know what the health of our roster will be at the end of the season and I'd rather get a credible extra body now than have to mine the G League then. Although Masai would find a superstar. But still. If somebody good comes here and is not needed to play a minute other than garbage time, that would still be the best outcome.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
        Bet on Bobo. Diaw is coming...
        Wouldn't be surprised. Odd for Masai to tip his hat and say something different is coming (to paraphrase).

Comment

I would say belli or VC... I could also see Ersan making his way here... I would be ok with that too

Comment

Do you guys think Tyreke will be bought out... I mean if he some how is I could see us getting him. Cleveland would obviously try.. but I think he may come here.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              Do you guys think Tyreke will be bought out... I mean if he some how is I could see us getting him. Cleveland would obviously try.. but I think he may come here.
              Nobody knows with Sacremento, its the worst managed franchise in the league.

I don't think Tyreke wants to be bought out because he's got an inflated value due to playing in Sacremento and playing limited role elsewhere might hurt him come free agency. I do remember Derozan saying once he was tight with Tyreke so if he does pressure them for a release Toronto could be that team ( but we are already a guard heavy team).

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Nobody knows with Sacremento, its the worst managed franchise in the league.

I don't think Tyreke wants to be bought out because he's got an inflated value due to playing in Sacremento and playing limited role elsewhere might hurt him come free agency. I do remember Derozan saying once he was tight with Tyreke so if he does pressure them for a release Toronto could be that team ( but we are already a guard heavy team).
                He plays for Memphis...

I don't think he'll be bought out. They said they wanna attempt to resign him next season.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  He plays for Memphis...

I don't think he'll be bought out. They said they wanna attempt to resign him next season.
                  Oh right.. I keep forgetting he isn't in Sac-town no more.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Its hard to say...but will go with dodging a bullet if the Raps just put up the no solicitors allowed sign for any and all free agents via the buyout pool...

Masai likes his team... Casey likes his rotations..... The players to a man seem to all like being here and playing the minutes they get..... winning of course stops all clubhouse lawyers and bitching.... and they are winning... big

ISO Joe might have helped .. the traditional unflappable playoff veteran presence... but by now thats Kyle and Demar and Serge and JVs roles....Signing Joe would probably take away the playoff pressure development time minutes from the talented but scufflling Norman Powell....Norm performed well in last years playoffs... have to think thats more the norm than not..

So yeah... Ujri might do something.. but there is no .45 calibre pressed up against his left ear to do it......Houston is trying to load up for GSW with every possible contingency.... Good for them and good for us dodging the bullet.....
                    You said: unflappable, playoff, Kyle and DeMar in the same sentence. Therein lies the rub.

Comment

Belinelli officially bought out. Should be interesting to see where this domino falls. To the reigning champs? To the offence starved Celts? To what's left of Cleveland? Or does he remember his favourite restaurants in the most multicultural city in the world? And, if he wants to come here, is Vince the apple of Masai's eye? Johnson and Rose are bit players...this is the first real one.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        You said: unflappable, playoff, Kyle and DeMar in the same sentence. Therein lies the rub.
                        9 years for Demar and Serge..... 11 years for Kyle.... and 6 for JV alongside DD and KL....

There is only one thing left for Kyle and DD on the resume .. They got the all star recognition to where its old hat... Whats left is the conference title and a shot at winning the top prize... I suppose they could both gun for MVP but in the NBA that process is the same as a high school student council president election... a popularity contest

Why this year you ask ?

They have played more seasons to this point than they are going to in the future.....That dawns on you. This is why I think these two guys are ready to show the leadership and the leave no prisoners curb stomping of teams in the playoffs they haven't in past playoff runs....
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Feb 10, 2018, 05:05 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Was looking at the contenders rosters, and I don't see to many opportunities for newly bought out free agents looking to chase a ring.

Boston has 15 guys on their roster (16 if you include DPE Monroe) They may not want to dump a guy to pick up a buy out candidate. Cavs have 13 roster spots filled.. and the 14th is rumoured to go to Perkins. So they could snatch someone else up. Rockets have 15 roster spots filled (including Joe Johnson). Warriors and Spurs both have 15 roster spots filled already. T-Wolves have 14 and are rumoured to go after Rose for the 15th spot. Thunder have 14 spots and could use a defender with Roberson out.

If a guy gets bought out.. and wants a chance at a ring I see Cleveland, OKC and Toronto as his best options.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Was looking at the contenders rosters, and I don't see to many opportunities for newly bought out free agents looking to chase a ring.

Boston has 15 guys on their roster (16 if you include DPE Monroe) They may not want to dump a guy to pick up a buy out candidate. Cavs have 13 roster spots filled.. and the 14th is rumoured to go to Perkins. So they could snatch someone else up. Rockets have 15 roster spots filled (including Joe Johnson). Warriors and Spurs both have 15 roster spots filled already. T-Wolves have 14 and are rumoured to go after Rose for the 15th spot. Thunder have 14 spots and could use a defender with Roberson out.

If a guy gets bought out.. and wants a chance at a ring I see Cleveland, OKC and Toronto as his best options.
                            Good research...didn't look at it from that angle. I saw Houston had to release someone to get Johnson. I guess other teams could do that but they would have to really like who they're getting (or not like who they have) ie..who is Kadeem Allen on the Celtics? Would they let last year's second round pick go?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Good research...didn't look at it from that angle. I saw Houston had to release someone to get Johnson. I guess other teams could do that but they would have to really like who they're getting (or not like who they have) ie..who is Kadeem Allen on the Celtics? Would they let last year's second round pick go?
                              I checked a Celtics fan board, and most would seem to prefer not cutting anyone for a buyout candidate. Houston I think is getting both Johnson and Brandan Wright so that's why they had to cut someone.

Comment

I didn't want joe, but with that said..if every buy out goes to Boston, Cleveland, Oakland and Houston and we miss out on the merry go round again, I'll snap
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X