Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: 2018 Winter Olympics - Pyeongchang, South Korea

  1. #41
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,563
    Likes (Given)
    11041
    Likes (Received)
    5397

    Default

    Curling Golden Age:
    Cigarette (this was at the olympics):

    And a Beer:

  2. Likes Mack North liked this post
  3. #42
    Raptors Republic Veteran slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,644
    Likes (Given)
    337
    Likes (Received)
    2263

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    I am not buying the "world is catching up" narrative in curling. Look what Lawes/Morris did after forming a doubles pair and practicing for literally 30 minutes before the olympic trials.

    Koe and Homan just played extremely sub-par for long stretches this week and neither team seemed to have the level of confidence that should accompany their skill level. Homan in particular was a disaster and doesn't seem the type to learn from her failures.
    A good friend of ours is pretty tied in to the curling world (and it is its own world, it's pretty crazy) and he was saying to me over lunch the other day that the general consensus with Homan is that they went in thinking they would roll everyone and weren't prepared - they were too busy planning out how they were going to cash in on their gold medals. Apparently, they could have had their pick of coaches (we've only got all the greatest curlers in history sitting around Canada) but the skip doesn't like to be criticized and won't take advice, so they basically picked a nobody that they could safely ignore and wouldn't have to credit. They also could have apparently had their pick of fifths but settled on someone who had been out of competitive curling for years.

  4. #43
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,033
    Likes (Given)
    2205
    Likes (Received)
    1941

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Curling Golden Age:
    Cigarette (this was at the olympics):

    And a Beer:
    Oh this is me all day hahaha I shit on the game because I hate it on my TV. I'm sure its pretty fun, like bowling. I go get smashed and play 4 games, but I don't wanna watch it on TV.

  5. #44
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25,819
    Likes (Given)
    2456
    Likes (Received)
    6073

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Curling Golden Age:
    Cigarette (this was at the olympics):

    And a Beer:
    And darts are still 10 years away from the Olympics? smh!

  6. Likes Joey liked this post
  7. #45
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,033
    Likes (Given)
    2205
    Likes (Received)
    1941

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    And darts are still 10 years away from the Olympics? smh!
    Guys like that prick who coughed behind his opponent while the dude was throwing a few weeks ago are holding the game back.

  8. #46
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,099
    Likes (Given)
    1025
    Likes (Received)
    1662

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    A good friend of ours is pretty tied in to the curling world (and it is its own world, it's pretty crazy) and he was saying to me over lunch the other day that the general consensus with Homan is that they went in thinking they would roll everyone and weren't prepared - they were too busy planning out how they were going to cash in on their gold medals. Apparently, they could have had their pick of coaches (we've only got all the greatest curlers in history sitting around Canada) but the skip doesn't like to be criticized and won't take advice, so they basically picked a nobody that they could safely ignore and wouldn't have to credit. They also could have apparently had their pick of fifths but settled on someone who had been out of competitive curling for years.
    slaw dropping that juicy curling gossip.

    I dunno, I heard some rumblings about drama w.r.t. their 5th but didn't think much of it considering there was much more to make of the fact that she was missing the fundamental shots all week.

  9. #47
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25,819
    Likes (Given)
    2456
    Likes (Received)
    6073

    Default

    Gold and silver in ski cross!

  10. #48
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,563
    Likes (Given)
    11041
    Likes (Received)
    5397

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Gold and silver in ski cross!
    And we move into 2nd overall! Killing it!

  11. #49
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,099
    Likes (Given)
    1025
    Likes (Received)
    1662

    Default

    Kim Boutin will carry the flag at the closing ceremonies.

    Normally I would say it should be a gold medal winner but she did win 3 medals, and did so in the face of some online harassment and death threats from the Korean "internet people in their basements" as Casey would call them. Good for her!


    Craziest story of the Olympics for me is Ester Ledecka winning gold in both alpine skiing super-G and snowboarding parallel GS. Amazing athlete.


    Also I think Craig McMorris should commentate every sport at all times, dude is hilarious.
    Last edited by KHD; Sat Feb 24th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.

  12. Likes Joey liked this post
  13. #50
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25,819
    Likes (Given)
    2456
    Likes (Received)
    6073

    Default

    Canadian skier, wife and manager are all arrested in Pyeongchang after drunkenly stealing a Hummer and taking it for a joyride

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Hummer.html

  14. #51
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,563
    Likes (Given)
    11041
    Likes (Received)
    5397

    Default

    Those Norwegians are pretty out there .. Lol

  15. Likes rocwell, Bendit liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •