No announcement yet.

Game #56: Miami Heat 112 - Toronto Raptors 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing a fair bit of driving recently and have noticed there’s been a lot of raps talk on Toronto sports radio recently. It seems people are really buying into this team having a chance to reach the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I remember when Steve Clifford was a genius.... like 2 seasons ago.
      I guess even certified genius's fall on hard times....
      Steve Clifford... Coach Bud....Stan Van Gundy...Luke Walton...Terry Stotts...

And that plug Dwane Casey just keeps on piling up wins without the benefit of the "coaching genius at work" t shirt.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
        Been doing a fair bit of driving recently and have noticed there’s been a lot of raps talk on Toronto sports radio recently. It seems people are really buying into this team having a chance to reach the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Good chance this year but and of the bottom 4 can take a game or 2 (or a series) from the top 4. There's gonna be an upset....

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          I guess even certified genius's fall on hard times....
          Steve Clifford... Coach Bud....Stan Van Gundy...Luke Walton...Terry Stotts...

And that plug Dwane Casey just keeps on piling up wins without the benefit of the "coaching genius at work" t shirt.
          What has Rick Carlisle done lately?

Clifford was not as good as the press clippings a few years back and not as bad as his team looks now. Coaches face far more scrutiny than they should, and GM's face far less. Cho has made more than his share of questionable moves and deserves far more criticism than Clifford.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

And back to actually talking Raptors - Heat, apparently Olynyk didn't travel with the team and is out until after the break.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              And back to actually talking Raptors - Heat, apparently Olynyk didn't travel with the team and is out until after the break.
              With OG looking like he should take a couple games off and these last two games being a combination of a back-to-back and the dreaded pre-break let down, I'll take what we can get.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

lmao
                There's been a lot of talk as to whether we should remain 10 deep in the playoffs.
                Just imagining a world in where those figures remain consistent and Casey is actually driven to stick with the bench mob in tight games for the win in the post season.

I'm just musing, I don't see that happening, but wouldn't that be crazy.

Comment

I hate how hard he plays against us

Comment

What has Rick Carlisle done lately?

Clifford was not as good as the press clippings a few years back and not as bad as his team looks now. Coaches face far more scrutiny than they should, and GM's face far less. Cho has made more than his share of questionable moves and deserves far more criticism than Clifford.
                    Relax..it’s just a casual remark on how the title of coaching genius gets tossed around like condiment packs at Mickey-d’s....
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Relax..it’s just a casual remark on how the title of coaching genius gets tossed around like condiment packs at Mickey-d’s....
                      I wasn't disagreeing. Good teams/players often make coaches look smart, bad teams/players the opposite. My point on Cho still stands, he's going to get canned sooner than later.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

lmao
                        now how come the bench only played in 4 of those games?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Miles missed a game. Also couple weeks ago Fred had baby and took a vanSeat for a game
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            CJ Miles didn't play one of the games I think.

Comment

ahhhh, gotcha. OK guys, so I'll ask the question...how well can that bench lineup do against other teams starters? Just for curiosities sake, would the Raps make the playoffs if our bench was our starting unit?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Miles missed a game. Also couple weeks ago Fred had baby and took a vanSeat for a game
                                For what it's worth, the bench lineup with Powell instead of Miles has a net rating of +50.3 in 14 minutes during this win streak
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X