Game #57: Toronto Raptors 122 - Chicago Bulls 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    The most overrated "great" player in the NBA. All the guy could do was dunk the ball. If you're that big, then you better be able to dunk the ball.

I always gets asked who's thr best C ever. I always say it's Hakeem Olajuwon and i don't think it's even close.
    Shaq's size + athleticism were phenomenal, even if his overall basketball skills don't come close to other GOAT big men like Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, etc. But even those guys - Shaq had 50-100 lbs on each of those guys (in their primes, Wilt went over 300 lbs when he was old). It's hard to overstate how huge he was - he also had 75 lbs on prime Duncan, he was 50+ lbs bigger than Boogie is. Hard to stop a guy who can drop step and dunk on you when he's that big & quick. He never needed a sky hook to average 30 ppg in the Finals. He was a monster.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Anyone remember the Rockets/Magic Finals? i mean, Hakeem Olajuwon completely demolished Shaq in that series.
      Demolished is a bit much. Shaq averaged 28 points, 12.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 2.5 blocks in that series.

Comment

I always gets asked who's thr best C ever.
        This quote was skimmed over. I would have expected this quote from say a Bill Russell, a Kareem, maybe even a writer/historian like Bill Simmons

Nope, its our boy T Rex who gets these important, debate settling inquiries
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Demolished is a bit much. Shaq averaged 28 points, 12.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 2.5 blocks in that series.
          And yet he still got schooled by Hakeem in the NBA Finals. A big man who cam do a whole lot more than just dunk the basketball.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

And yet he still got schooled by Hakeem in the NBA Finals. A big man who cam do a whole lot more than just dunk the basketball.
            Hakeem was awesome, but so was Shaq. 6 assists per game average is nothing to sneeze at. And that was in his 3rd season. Hakeem's 11th.

Comment

• So i finally watched the Shaq clip. Lol did he really just say that the Raps has never got past out of the 2nd round? this dude is an NBA analyst. How?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hakeem should have gone into the Hall as a Raptor ......

Comment

So i finally watched the Shaq clip. Lol did he really just say that the Raps has never got past out of the 2nd round? this dude is an NBA analyst. How?

Comment

• Comment

• While, yes, those were his words, I think he meant it as in, he hasn't seen KLOE -- and for the most part, that's been true.

Hopefully with some added rest and a new system, that can change for real this year.

Comment

Hakeem was awesome, but so was Shaq. 6 assists per game average is nothing to sneeze at. And that was in his 3rd season. Hakeem's 11th.
                        I'm not hating on Shaq. I just don't think he's all that. He's a really big dude who can dunk the ball, he elbows people in the face before he makes his moves and for whatever reason he never gets called for an offensive foul.

Shaq was not even the best big man of his generation. Tim Duncan was.

And yall know what I think about the whole Shaq/Olajuwon debate. I don't think Shaq is even in Hakeem's level.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Thu Feb 15, 2018, 06:14 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I dunno man, Shaq was a Power Center, and the best ever. Nobody game planned for Duncan like they did for Shaq. The reality is, if Shaq hadn't have been such a shitty FT shooter he'd have been the best ever.

Comment

I'm not hating on Shaq. I just don't think he's all that. He's a really big dude who can dunk the ball, he elbows people in the face before he makes his moves and for whatever reason he never gets called for an offensive foul.

Shaq was not even the best big man of his generation. Tim Duncan was.

And yall know what I think about the whole Shaq/Olajuwon debate. I don't think Shaq even in Hakeem's level.
                            Yeah I'm with you there. Hakeem and Tim are better. Kareem, Wilt, Russell are better too.

Comment

• Comparing shaq to Duncan or Hakeem is like apples to oranges. Like which guard is better Russell Westbrook or Steve Nash or Allen Iverson. All depends on what you need and what you prefer. Theyre all great

Comment

Yeah I'm with you there. Hakeem and Tim are better. Kareem, Wilt, Russell are better too.
                                Shaq tears every one of those guys in two in his prime. So you guys are either too young to have seen any of them, or, have a lot of aluminum pans.

Comment

Working...
                                X