Game #57: Toronto Raptors 122 - Chicago Bulls 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    4th best in opponent 3pt percentage and more importantly 2nd best in opponent 3pt attempted.
    That's elite. Facts beats eye test again.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nice win to end this section of the schedule. Here's hoping OG gets the rest he needs and Norm gets whatever he needs to get his head right.

It would be good to see the Raps come back and sew up 1st seed. Cross our fingers hoping for no injuries for the final march.

It's going to be quiet here for the next week or so. Time to get caught up on some Open Gym episodes.

It would be nice to see the RR front matter writers do a deep dive into first half season stats to try and describe how this years team is different from previous teams and from their NBA competition.

Trying to decide if it's worth watching any part of the All Star weekend festivities.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Okay here is one: How good are we?! Or are we just a reincarnation of the Atlanta Hawks 3 season ago?!
        You can make an a pretty good argument for Boston being that team this year (large number of close games with an unsustainable win percentage leading to a better-than-expected overall record, Kyrie as only all-star level player, and not yet a first-tier one).

The only reason you *can't* make a similar argument about Cleveland is Lebron, and in particular, that the team post-makeover is actually set up much better now for Lebron being Lebron to have an effect. I think the minutes and effort level that Lebron is currently having to put in to get Cleveland winning again is eventually going to catch up with them in the playoffs, but that's still enough to differentiate between the Cavs and that particular Hawks team.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          I was talking a few days ago about non-clutch wins as a predictor of playoff success, and Atlanta Hawks are my exhibit A for this. Their non-clutch win percentage of .378 is really low for a 60 win team. Basically, they needed clutch time to win 29 of their 60 wins, and despite being 7 games back, Cleveland had a better non-clutch win percentage of .402. The Raptors this year are up at .465, which puts them well ahead of the pack in the East this year.
          Not gonna lie, I love this way to judge teams. Really smart new way to look at it.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Could expand on that win % approach, create a new record for each team with clutch games split in half into wins and losses, assigning them the coin toss status that they may deserve.

The current standings, adjusted for coin toss close games, are as follows:

Place Team AW AL AW%
            1 HOU 41.0 16.0 0.719
            2 TOR 40.0 17.0 0.702
            3 GSW 40.5 17.5 0.698
            4 BOS 34.5 24.5 0.585
            5 OKC 34.5 24.5 0.585
            6 MIN 34.5 25.5 0.575
            7 WAS 32.0 25.0 0.561
            8 DEN 31.5 25.5 0.553
            9 SAS 32.5 26.5 0.551
            10 IND 31.5 26.5 0.543
            11 LAC 30.0 26.0 0.536
            12 PHI 29.0 26.0 0.527
            13 POR 30.0 28.0 0.517
            14 DET 29.0 28.0 0.509
            15 CLE 28.0 28.0 0.500
            16 MIL 28.0 28.0 0.500
            17 NOP 28.5 28.5 0.500
            18 UTA 29.0 29.0 0.500
            19 DAL 28.0 30.0 0.483
            20 CHA 27.5 29.5 0.482
            21 MIA 27.5 30.5 0.474
            22 NYK 25.5 33.5 0.432
            23 ORL 23.5 33.5 0.412
            24 LAL 23.0 33.0 0.411
            25 MEM 23.0 33.0 0.411
            26 BKN 23.5 35.5 0.398
            27 ATL 22.5 36.5 0.381
            28 CHI 20.5 36.5 0.360
            29 PHX 18.5 40.5 0.314
            30 SAC 16.0 41.0 0.281
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• All Star breaks suck ...

Comment

• I'm starting to really get excited now. I had a lot of doubt going in to the last few years final stretches after All Star. This years feels different. We're starting to pull away from literally everybody in the East, and we can control our own destiny here and it looks more and more like Boston and Cleveland will have to face each other in round 2.

Just have to come back, play our game, stay healthy *knock on wood* and this year is looking very fun.
                Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Feb 15, 2018, 11:53 AM.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Didn't know Kyle was into golf. I love the game!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Didn't know Kyle was into golf. I love the game!
                      You gotta get caught up on Open Gym

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I'm starting to really get excited now. I had a lot of doubt going in to the last few years final stretches after All Star. This years feels different. We're starting to pull away from literally everybody in the East, and we can control our own destiny here and it looks more and more like Boston and Cleveland will have to face each other in round 2.

Just have to come back, play our game, stay healthy *knock on wood* and this year is looking very fun.
                        I could see Cleveland dropping a few games (perhaps intentionally) to secure a 1 vs. 4 matchup in the 2nd round. They're a$$holes, like that.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I could see Cleveland dropping a few games (perhaps intentionally) to secure a 1 vs. 4 matchup in the 2nd round. They're a$$holes, like that.
                          2 reasons I don't see that.
                          1) They seem hellbent on winning as much as possible here, especially with the new additions.
                          2) I don't neccesarily think they fear one team more than the other, they'd probably prefer to have homecourt in round 2 and think they can catch Boston, hell they probably think they can catch us.

But then again

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I don't think LeBron fears anyone in the East lol. I'm sure they're going to do the best they can to try and catch us and Boston, to get home court
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Cavs are only 3 games behind Boston in the loss column and hold the tie-breaker. Maybe only a couple of us here think they can catch the Celtics, but I'm positive the Cavs think they can.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                I don't think LeBron fears anyone in the East lol. I'm sure they're going to do the best they can to try and catch us and Boston, to get home court
                                Not "fear", but I genuinely believe LeBron sees Raps as an easier out than Celtics. It wouldn't surprise me to see him make his path to the finals simpler.

Comment

Working...
                                X