• Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    lol please elaborate...
    Oleksiak is probably overrated too... #MeteoricRise

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      lol please elaborate...
      He only wins slow races. Only recently has he actually gone fast, and it’s not as good as everyone’s making him out to be. He’s definitely a talented 200 runner but I’m not sure he ever wins a gold in the 100. Also, his only fast times are wind aided. His fastest legal time is 9.91 which is fast but not top of the world fast. For some reason he ends up in these diamond league races that go really slow and he’s able to win in 9.95 to 10.10 which just baffles me considering how many times it’s happened. He ran a great 200 in rio, let’s see if he can build on it.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
        He only wins slow races. Only recently has he actually gone fast, and it’s not as good as everyone’s making him out to be. He’s definitely a talented 200 runner but I’m not sure he ever wins a gold in the 100. Also, his only fast times are wind aided. His fastest legal time is 9.91 which is fast but not top of the world fast. For some reason he ends up in these diamond league races that go really slow and he’s able to win in 9.95 to 10.10 which just baffles me considering how many times it’s happened. He ran a great 200 in rio, let’s see if he can build on it.
        I'm not worried. Just fix that damn arm swing. De Grasse knows about weakness in his leg or hip. He needs to fix that. Everything will be okay. Future is bright.

Comment

Team World ftw

Jamal Murray: 21 PTS, 7 AST, 6 REB

Dillon: 11 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST
          Last edited by rocwell; Sat Feb 17, 2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Ok, but he still won bronze vs the rest of the field in the 100M. Also, last time I checked the 200M was still a 'sprint' race.

He may not be one of the best of all-time yet, but he's still very young and should only improve with added weight and experience. I wouldn't call him overrated though.

Comment

VV deserved to be in that game.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Thank you. Finally see box out stats. And sure enough the posters whose "eye tests" complained on numerous occasions that Poeltl never boxes out didn't have a clue.
                I thought the argument was that people complained that Poeltl never grabs defensive boards, and the counter argument was that Poeltl boxes out really well to make up for it (which inevitably leads to him getting scrutinized for his boxing out). These stats show that Poeltl boxes out at like 85% the rate JV does. So, very well (JV is a high rebounding bar to compare to, and he’s no Bebe - LOL at 4.5 boxouts per 36), but not really the otherworldly boxout numbers (like, say Steven Adams) that would make up for the complete lack of individual defensive rebounding. Still, a positive sign that he ranks fairly well in this stat - as he develops his frame, he should be able to leverage this baseline into solid rebounding on the defensive end to go along with his top notch rim protection.

Also, colour me absolutely shocked that DeRozan has by a decent margin the worst boxout rate of any regular player on the team (amd if you look at league wide rankings, is surrounded by a veritable ocean of 6 foot PGs).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  I'm not worried. Just fix that damn arm swing. De Grasse knows about weakness in his leg or hip. He needs to fix that. Everything will be okay. Future is bright.
                  His coach is a moron though and he says that the arm thing “works for him”. That makes zero sense considering you have to do everything possible to shave even one hundredths of a second off of your time. Future is bright in the 200 but I don’t see him beating Van Niekirk or even Noah Lyles who has been running really well since his injury. Guys like Warren Weir will be back in form by next year so it’s not a clear path to gold for DeGrasse.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I thought the argument was that people complained that Poeltl never grabs defensive boards, and the counter argument was that Poeltl boxes out really well to make up for it (which inevitably leads to him getting scrutinized for his boxing out). These stats show that Poeltl boxes out at like 85% the rate JV does. So, very well (JV is a high rebounding bar to compare to, and he’s no Bebe - LOL at 4.5 boxouts per 36), but not really the otherworldly boxout numbers (like, say Steven Adams) that would make up for the complete lack of individual defensive rebounding. Still, a positive sign that he ranks fairly well in this stat - as he develops his frame, he should be able to leverage this baseline into solid rebounding on the defensive end to go along with his top notch rim protection.

Also, colour me absolutely shocked that DeRozan has by a decent margin the worst boxout rate of any regular player on the team (amd if you look at league wide rankings, is surrounded by a veritable ocean of 6 foot PGs).
                    No Dan, I've seen on multiple occasions in the game threads this season people actually post Poeltl never boxes out, with no arguments from other posters. JV is excellent, Poeltl is good. They also are among the leaders in contesting 2's and actually found Poeltl surprisingly high in the screen assist category. And these stats kind of confirm some of DD's DRPM rating - last in contesting 2's and ahead of only JV in contesting 3's.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

No Dan, I've seen on multiple occasions in the game threads this season people actually post Poeltl never boxes out, with no arguments from other posters. JV is excellent, Poeltl is good. They also are among the leaders in contesting 2's and actually found Poeltl surprisingly high in the screen assist category. And these stats kind of confirm some of DD's DRPM rating - last in contesting 2's and ahead of only JV in contesting 3's.
                      Yeah I was a little disappointed in DeMar's contest rate. We are going to need more from him on that end of the floor come playoff time.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        VV deserved to be in that game.
                        Usa could have used him.

Comment

Yeah I've seen that in game threads too, and I'll bet at least once I've said it myself, because like I said, his lack of individual rebounding makes the scrutiny over his boxouts significantly more intense.

That said, it's probably also an unfair amalgamation with the Ibaka at C lineups and Bebe at C lineups, neither of whom box out at all, with how much of the early season discussion was centered (get it?) on JV's play/replaceability.

Like I said though, his solid boxout numbers are a really good sign that eventually he can become a net positive on the defensive glass
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

he only went 9.91, he isnt fast. STFU man, you're talking out of your ass, he's a child still. People talk shit just to talk shit and its lame.

Comment

i am 100% not buying into any stat that claims Poeltl is good at boxing out lol.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                                i am 100% not buying into any stat that claims Poeltl is good at boxing out lol.
                                And you were one of the people I was talking about. He does box out. Not always effectively, because bigger stronger players do push him around at times. The other factor you don't seem to realise is the sheer number of his contests. He's 5th in the entire NBA in contests per 36. Very hard to both contest a shot and box out.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X