Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Toronto

Hey folks,

I'm from PEI originally and I'm in Toronto for a week, going to the the Raps Bucks game next Friday. I've never been to Toronto before, anyone have any good ideas of things I need to do? I have a week to explore so any ideas would be great.

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm from PEI originally and I'm in Toronto for a week, going to the the Raps Bucks game next Friday. I've never been to Toronto before, anyone have any good ideas of things I need to do? I have a week to explore so any ideas would be great.
    Knowing a bit about your general interests would be helpful....Toronto is a big city...also would you have a car or rely on public transportation?

Comment

My fam always take out-of-town guests to CN Tower(lol, obvs) Ripley's aquarium and Casa Loma gothic castle. There's so much to see in Toronto. You should consider taking a comprehensive tour. It's not very expensive.

By the way, visit Distillery district. Toronto light festival is lovely and def worth a visit + it's free.
      Last edited by rocwell; Sat Feb 17, 2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hmmm spots that immediately come to mind:

Nathan Philips Square - City Hall, Big TORONTO Sign

Ripleys Aquarium - Fish and stuff

Eaton Center / Bloor Street - if you want to do some shopping

Walk Along King, West of Yonge - Lots of Cool Restaurants and Bars

St Lawrence Market - Amazing market with every and any food you can think of.

Castle Loma - Previously Old Rich Dudes House that looks like a Castle. Lol

Distillery District - Old stuff and fancy restaurants; light festival

Steam Whistle Tour - Beer

Amsterdam Brew House - Beer

and of course CN Tower - Amazing Views of the City and Lake Ontario

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Knowing a bit about your general interests would be helpful....Toronto is a big city...also would you have a car or rely on public transportation?
          I won't have a vehicle and I'll be staying downtown. Main interests would be sports related but that's not to say I'm "not cultured". If there's any interesting museums or places like that I'm all ears as well.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            My fam always take out-of-town guests to CN Tower(lol, obvs) Ripley's aquarium and Casa Loma gothic castle. There's so much to see in Toronto. You should consider taking a comprehensive tour. It's not very expensive.

By the way, visit Distillery district. Toronto light festival is lovely and def worth a visit + it's free.
            Thanks! Distillery district sounds like my kind of area.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Hmmm spots that immediately come to mind:

Nathan Philips Square - City Hall, Big TORONTO Sign

Ripleys Aquarium - Fish and stuff

Eaton Center / Bloor Street - if you want to do some shopping

Walk Along King, West of Yonge - Lots of Cool Restaurants and Bars

St Lawrence Market - Amazing market with every and any food you can think of.

Castle Loma - Previously Old Rich Dudes House that looks like a Castle. Lol

Distillery District - Old stuff and fancy restaurants; light festival

Steam Whistle Tour - Beer

Amsterdam Brew House - Beer

and of course CN Tower - Amazing Views of the City and Lake Ontario
              I'll definitely keep note of all these. Appreciate it Joey.

Comment

Thanks! Distillery district sounds like my kind of area.
                Don't be fooled though, there's far less distilling going on there then you would think ... I don't think there is any Distilling actually.
                Lol

Comment

I won't have a vehicle and I'll be staying downtown. Main interests would be sports related but that's not to say I'm "not cultured". If there's any interesting museums or places like that I'm all ears as well.
                  Check out Real Sports. Best Sports Bar I've ever been to.

ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) is cool too. They've got a neat Vikings feature on right now.

AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) is also cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Hockey hall of fame museum is nice.

Comment

Does anyone know if Harbourfront Centre still organize those Saturday winter block parties on ice?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Hockey hall of fame museum is nice.
                        Good call. Always forget about that place.

Comment

Looks like you have been given a few good ideas....but no foodie stuff. Some great restaurants and food enclaves specializing in a particular ethnicity.

Italian...College around Bathurst
                          Greek....Danforth around
                          Chinese...Spadina around Queen
                          Kensingston Market is around above area...all kinds of variety there
                          Indian.... Coxwell and Gerrard area

Assume you are not looking for seafood But if you like a good meal these are the areas to check out.

Peeler bars? On request ....but the town is not called White Vegas for nothing!

Check into local listings for bands/concert venues happening. There are theaters for plays.

Hope the weather is good and you can walk around (Queens quay). Fancy shopping? Bloor St. west of Yonge.

Have fun, and a great game!

ps...all of above areas reachable by public transportation (subway or streetcar)
                          Last edited by Bendit; Sat Feb 17, 2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Looks like you have been given a few good ideas....but no foodie stuff. Some great restaurants and food enclaves specializing in a particular ethnicity.

Italian...College around Bathurst
                            Greek....Danforth around
                            Chinese...Spadina around Queen
                            Kensingston Market is around above area...all kinds of variety there
                            Indian.... Coxwell and Gerrard area

Assume you are not looking for seafood But if you like a good meal these are the areas to check out.

Peeler bars? On request ....but the town is not called White Vegas for nothing!

Check into local listings for bands/concert venues happening. There are theaters for plays.

Hope the weather is good and you can walk around (Queens quay). Fancy shopping? Bloor St. west of Yonge.

Have fun, and a great game!

ps...all of above areas reachable by public transportation (subway or streetcar)
                            Hahaha yeah my dad is a lobster fisherman so seafood has always been aplenty. Love all the food recommendations, appreciate it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the ideas, pretty excited to explore a little bit. I'll definitely have to check out a lot of these places.

Comment

Working...
                              X