• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu game! let's go!
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      That's an interesting observation I hadn't heard before, but it makes sense. I don't know HOW hard they would be to scout but, as an example, VV and Yak, Siakim and Yak, DD and Yak all have different ways of reacting on the floor and each duo is going to come at you a little differently. If your rotation is down to 8 guys playing against 10, one team has an extra 360combos to remember; not that anyone does, but it is easy to see the problems that could present. If the Raptors have home court advantage, as well as a larger number of variables, it presents two distinct advantages.

You kind of see this in the ways guys are surprised by DeLong and Fred stripping the ball from the ball handler and disrupting passing lanes. They catch opponents off guard. Just one example.
      I've noted in the past about how little teams see of Casey's clutch lineups before clutch time, which he was doing even last year. You get your starters, a couple transitional lineups, the full bench, and then starters again to end the 1st half, then the starters, transitional, bench again, and then in the last couple minutes of the game you'll often see a two PG, starters, one big lineup that you haven't seen all game long. That's even tougher to gameplan for this year with two very different-feeling two-PG lineups (KL/FVV, KL/DW). That said, this has not resulted in a great clutch record thus far, but there's a few lineups there that I really like, and think that Casey just isn't overplaying them yet. The home-heavy schedule, lots of practice days, should work well for this down the stretch as well, as these less common lineups get more time to figure things out.

Comment

Q:> What's the total wingspan of each starting unit? Bucks are really long, but we've gotta be pretty damn close, other than Lowry.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Q:> What's the total wingspan of each starting unit? Bucks are really long, but we've gotta be pretty damn close, other than Lowry.
          Jonas' wingspan is negative, I guess. #whitepeopleproblems

EDIT: Google says that JV's wingspan is 7'4 or 7'6. No way?
          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Feb 22, 2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Jonas' wingspan is negative, I guess. #whitepeopleproblems

EDIT: Google says that JV's wingspan is 7'4 or 7'6. No way?
            Never got measured during the draft, but yes, that was the reported number (I suspect 7’6” is exaggerated, but 7’4” seems about right - he’s got long arms, he gets his hands on a lot of boards he has little business getting to, keeps balls alive).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why not just call it down the middle and say he has a 7'5 wingspan?

Also, I have a feeling that the bench guys are gonna be hungry.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

White man can stretch?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Game day.
                  Game Day!
                  That felt goooood ....

Comment

Wiz beat Cavs. Their new lineup is not unbeatable, surprise!

Comment

Looks like Kyle Lowry is involved in NCAA scandal.

Comment

Looks like Kyle Lowry is involved in NCAA scandal.
                        Fred Van Vleet too. He took $1k loan from an agent in college.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          White man can stretch?
                          lol. JV breaking that color barrier, but nobody touches Kevin McHale @ 8ft or more .... WTF?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            White man can stretch?
                            reach*

Comment

Fred Van Vleet too. He took $1k loan from an agent in college.
                              So what does this mean for these two?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                                So what does this mean for these two?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                                Nothing. It's up to the NCAA enforcement office to handle those violations. Criminal case documents are sealed atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X