No announcement yet.

Game #58: Milwaukee Bucks 122 - Toronto Raptors 119

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loans are designed so that you don't have the income ie you're not a professional yet.
    You's think those would be done in cash, from a 3rd party (not the agent) with no paperwork lol

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Loans are designed so that you don't have the income ie you're not a professional yet.
      You's think those would be done in cash, from a 3rd party (not the agent) with no paperwork lol
      Yeah really curious how, if those weren't set up in some sort of gray area, a paper trail was left. Seems an obvious thing to avoid.

An appropriate time for another NCAA rant:

The top 10 college coaches get paid $3-7million per year each.

The 2017 March Madness tournament generated $1 billion in revenue for the NCAA (just the tournament!).

But the athletes this is all built on can't get paid. Can't even get a loan, evidently.

That whole system, with that amount of $$$ floating around and with no leverage for the guys actually generating it, is just begging for corruption. There will always be shady dealings in the NCAA.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Fred Van Vleet too. He took $1k loan from an agent in college.
        Good for Fred. Screw the NCAA and their B. S. system.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Screw agents too. They are targeting 8th graders and their parents.

Comment

Comment

It's pretty funny that the Raptors' own twitter is constantly trolling OG.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I mean what else needs to be said...people talk too much these days
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I mean what else needs to be said...people talk too much these days
                  Case in point.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Case in point.
                    You listen here, 2nd best keon *shakes fist*

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Yeah really curious how, if those weren't set up in some sort of gray area, a paper trail was left. Seems an obvious thing to avoid.

An appropriate time for another NCAA rant:

The top 10 college coaches get paid $3-7million per year each.

The 2017 March Madness tournament generated $1 billion in revenue for the NCAA (just the tournament!).

But the athletes this is all built on can't get paid. Can't even get a loan, evidently.

That whole system, with that amount of $$$ floating around and with no leverage for the guys actually generating it, is just begging for corruption. There will always be shady dealings in the NCAA.
                      NCAA Div 1 athletes are very obviously professionals. The amount of practice time, travel time, training time and money spent on the promotion of the games is all similar to that of any pro league. The players get very little actually; especially as so many of them never graduate. Even in Canada with our very "minor league" CIS it takes remarkable intelligence, self discipline or both for a student to play on a varsity basketball, football or hockey team. In Canada the difference I guess is that the players are still held to the same academic standards as other students (for the most part). Sports should not actually be part of schools except at the intramural/recreational level.

Comment

Took the day off today because of the freakin snowstorm here in Van. I can finally watch a full Raps game.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fred Van Vleet too. He took $1k loan from an agent in college.
                          So I guess Freds NCAA eligibility is now pffft...... other than that.... there is nothing illegal or off about securing a private loan.

The NCAA are almost as oily as the IOC and more oily than FIFA.

The institutions make millions from sports programs.
                          They pay coaches millions more than they pay actual tenured professors.
                          Players can't have legitimate agents to look out for them so they are forced to use some fairly shady characters as "family advisors".

The only folks here getting boned hard are the players who get free tuition and board. Actual folding money goes to pretty much everyone else.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Took the day off today because of the freakin snowstorm here in Van. I can finally watch a full Raps game.
                            News reports say you're getting 20 cm, or 8 inches.

The rest of Canada sends our thoughts and prayers on this apocalyptic event. God speed.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              So I guess Freds NCAA eligibility is now pffft...... other than that.... there is nothing illegal or off about securing a private loan.

The NCAA are almost as oily as the IOC and more oily than FIFA.

The institutions make millions from sports programs.
                              They pay coaches millions more than they pay actual tenured professors.
                              Players can't have legitimate agents to look out for them so they are forced to use some fairly shady characters as "family advisors".

The only folks here getting boned hard are the players who get free tuition and board. Actual folding money goes to pretty much everyone else.
                              I think you'd have to rank the NCAA as being slimier than the IOC or FIFA, because the NCAA is exclusively exploiting younger people under the guise of being student athletes. And with the NCAA you even have to question some of the myths about the free tuition and board.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-tru...-scholarships/

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                News reports say you're getting 20 cm, or 8 inches.

The rest of Canada sends our thoughts and prayers on this apocalyptic event. God speed.
                                Hey we're not used to snow over here lol.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X