Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Points League aka. FPL (Fantasy Points League)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Apollo, i dig all the advantages this format has. nice breezy low maintenance league, high number of fantasy owners.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      I agree with Apollo, i dig all the advantages this format has. nice breezy low maintenance league, high number of fantasy owners.
      Yep, I'm owning all you beta-pawns this season. Watch me now.
      RR OG

Comment

• The average score of week one was 112.34.
        The average score of week two was 112.33.

Now this was with half a league and so the talent is concentrated much more than in a full 20 team league. I think I may need to up the scoring multipliers a little for next season if we fill out to 20 teams.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          The average score of week one was 112.34.
          The average score of week two was 112.33.

Now this was with half a league and so the talent is concentrated much more than in a full 20 team league. I think I may need to up the scoring multipliers a little for next season if we fill out to 20 teams.
          just adjust the points column a little. points scored is pretty integral to winning basketball games.

Comment

• I wish there was an option to use our offensive stats for our score and our defensive stats to deduct off our opponent's score.

Comment

• How would the draft go - auction or snaking?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                How would the draft go - auction or snaking?
                Because its a 20 team league I was leaning towards auction so that everyone is on an even footing. I'm not sure yet though. The type of league we intend to have (ie: re-draft or keeper of some sort) will influence this decision as well. What do you think?

Comment

Because its a 20 team league I was leaning towards auction so that everyone is on an even footing. I'm not sure yet though. The type of league we intend to have (ie: re-draft or keeper of some sort) will influence this decision as well. What do you think?
                  I was thinking the same thing really, its only fair to do auction. It would be a long wait from 1-40 or 20-21 to 60-61.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing really, its only fair to do auction. It would be a long wait from 1-40 or 20-21 to 60-61.
                    On the flip side though, I don't know if you remember the inaugural RR NFL dynasty draft but it was like three plus hours before it was done. That was 30 man rosters. 240 players in total. This league will see 200 players drafted on draft day. It will be long... If a player goes every minute we're talking close to 3.5 hours... I don't know if a snaking draft would take that long. One solution would be to adopt rules similar to NFL dynasty, which is different than most leagues where by we FORCE people to keep a minimum number of player(like 70-80%), as opposed to the traditional method of encouraging keepers but placing hurdles of some kind in the way.

Whatever we do, that first draft will be a marathon. So much so I think we're going to draft much earlier than the other leagues to avoid draft burnout. lol
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Mar 21, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• I'm not opposed to those really long drafts lol I remember them pretty well.

I'd prefer to have a lot of turnover in players each year in this league, rather than having us keep 6 or 7 of our players. It would be great to be able to keep only 2 or 3 max, just so teams that are not-so-stacked have a legit shot going into the next season. We'd likely be able to keep more mangers engaged and returning by doing that. 20 teams x 3 keepers is still 60 players though, so most top-notch guys will still most likely be gone during subsequential drafts.

I dunno, but I'm glad we have all summer to lay it out.

Comment

• I'd like to see a keeper-less format, with a full draft each season. It would be refreshing given both the keeper and dynasty leagues that we already have.

Comment

• AGREED.

also auction is looking like a must for 20 teams id say. put 3 hours in for the draft and cruise through the season... makes sense to me
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• If we go full draft each year or not I will be looking into any possible settings to decrease the draft time. I'd like to have no longer than 30 seconds per pick on average. That would dramatically decrease the draft time. It would also add more challenge. Plus in a league where positions do not matter we shouldn't need as much time.

Comment

If we go full draft each year or not I will be looking into any possible settings to decrease the draft time. I'd like to have no longer than 30 seconds per pick on average. That would dramatically decrease the draft time. It would also add more challenge. Plus in a league where positions do not matter we shouldn't need as much time.
                              Guys have a ton of time to queue up 5 or 6 guys at a time and pick one in an instant. It's really not hard, it drives me nuts in my football drafts when someone has more than 10 minutes of free time and they end up taking a full minute to pick... As I said before, I'm also all good with full redraft each year - it's much easier that way too.

Comment

Guys have a ton of time to queue up 5 or 6 guys at a time and pick one in an instant. It's really not hard, it drives me nuts in my football drafts when someone has more than 10 minutes of free time and they end up taking a full minute to pick... As I said before, I'm also all good with full redraft each year - it's much easier that way too.
                                The worst is when that happens and they end up taking a kicker or a defense. I think to myself: 'well that team died on draft day.' lol

Comment

Working...
                                X