Ideal Playoff Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal Playoff Matchups

So I was thinking about who I would want to avoid in the playoffs for the raptors. I came to the conclusion that outside of the Cavs, the Wizards are the team that scares me the most. Bradley Beal and John Wall are both able to elevate their games in the playoffs and they matchup with us quite well. I still believe we can beat them and will beat them but nevertheless they do scare me. What are your guys’ thoughts on our playoff matchups?

We want no part of the Bucks and no part of the Sixers. We can beat Washington.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Easiest matchup in the 1st round is Miami. They're the weakest of the top 8.

Teams that i don't want to play in the 1st round? Philly and Milwaukee.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

courtney.mills wrote: View Post
        We want no part of the Bucks and no part of the Sixers. We can beat Washington.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
        Raptors should not be shaking in their boots for any of those middle of the packers

Nobody wants any part of us.

If these motherfuckers are really feeling froggy, leap
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We match up well with the bucks and they don’t scare me one bit. OG, Pascal and Serge can slow down Giannis and no one on their team can slow down Kyle or Demar and our bench will run them off the floor. Philly is inexperienced and they just aren’t as good as us. I trust OG and Pascal to guard Simmons as well.

Comment

BURN THIS THREAD (please)

Comment

It won't matter. Anyone can get a W here and there, but other than perhaps the Celts and Cavs, I don't see any of these teams beating us 4 times in two weeks. Especially without home court. We're just too difficult.

Over the whole season so far, we've lost a grand total of 5 games at the ACC. It's a heck a fortress right now. It'd be a tall order for any of these teams to beat us 4 times in two weeks. Things can always change , but at the moment, we're just a very, very tough nut to crack, especially at home.

Barring the 3 things that can nullify our depth, which are: (1) injuries, (2) too much hero ball and (3) dumb coaching (screwed up rotations etc..), none of these teams scare me one bit.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                BURN THIS THREAD (please)
                Ok

*burns my cell phone*

Is it gone
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Raptors should not be shaking in their boots for any of those middle of the packers

Nobody wants any part of us.

If these motherfuckers are really feeling froggy, leap
                  Every team in the east is trash, not scared of a single one

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Every team in the east is trash, not scared of a single one
                    I disagree that every team in the East is trash. Philly has a toughness about them, wizs can always put up a fight, Pacers have been surprisingly good this year and Bucks really improved after the coach change. I don't think they're trash, more like we've been pretty elite with our depth and well balanced offence/defence.

Comment

I've been fretting a bit about the Sixers but no......there is no team in the east that I'm worried about overly. Tonight's jittery, patched together win over a hot Wiz team should be quite reassuring. Raps did not play that well at all and found a way to win. We should be favoured in every game for the rest of the year...other than probably Houston. This could be close to a 60 win team; and without any player in the top 10 of anything!

Comment

My ideal playoff matchups at this point are:

Boston vs Miami - Miami is persistent and always plays with physicality, and would give Boston all they could handle (and possibly more). Games in this series should be very entertaining, and whoever loses, we still win.

Cleveland vs Milwaukee - Milwaukee's length and reasonably good fundamentals on D should negate any remaining traces of the this-isn't-the-team-we-played-in-November advantage which was part of the post-trade-deadline bump in the Cavaliers' performance. I'm not sure 40-minutes-a-night Lebron would be enough to get past the Bucks in the first round, but it would be entertaining to find out.

Washington-Philadelphia - Both teams have multiple good and talented pieces but seem to lack a coherent whole as a team. This would be very interesting from a match-up perspective, I think.

(And Toronto gets whoever the last remaining low seed is.)

Comment

We got a team pushing for 60 wins and their fans are worried about first round matchups against .500 clubs, then in the next thread we complain ESPN is too pessimistic about Toronto's chances to go 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs...

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            We got a team pushing for 60 wins and their fans are worried about first round matchups against .500 clubs, then in the next thread we complain ESPN is too pessimistic about Toronto's chances to go 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs...

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                            Well said. Sometimes we need a reality check.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

i think related to this topic is looking at what are the ideal playoff matchups for giving the other teams trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X