I don't love PJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't love PJ

Why does everyone talk about all this love for PJ? I don't get it. The dude came here and was great for us, sure. For a little bit. Then he just left. Took less money to go to yes, a very good team, but one that probably is about roughly as competitive for a finals berth in their conference as we are in ours. Now, maybe it's better he did because the young guys got more minutes and it's been all good, but why love some guy who played hard for just half a season, and then took off, and for less money at that?
    PJ Tucker
    12.50%
    PJ Carlesimo
    25.00%
    Both are despicable and worthless
    50.00%
    PJ Dozier
    12.50%

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    Why does everyone talk about all this love for PJ? I don't get it. The dude came here and was great for us, sure. For a little bit. Then he just left. Took less money to go to yes, a very good team, but one that probably is about roughly as competitive for a finals berth in their conference as we are in ours. Now, maybe it's better he did because the young guys got more minutes and it's been all good, but why love some guy who played hard for just half a season, and then took off, and for less money at that?
    Wow. Did you just wake up from a Rumplestiltskinesque sleep? I don't think anyone has talked about PJ for a couple of weeks. Or has this been festering under the surface for months? Personally, I liked and appreciated him while he was here. Liked the fact that he didn't seem afraid to call guys out. Then he left so it's "C Ya."

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Wow. Did you just wake up from a Rumplestiltskinesque sleep? I don't think anyone has talked about PJ for a couple of weeks. Or has this been festering under the surface for months? Personally, I liked and appreciated him while he was here. Liked the fact that he didn't seem afraid to call guys out. Then he left so it's "C Ya."
      Well Will Lou mentions him every so often on the podcasts, so he's stayed on the brain. And talks about how he was good for us, etc. etc. and the guests generally agree. Same with the Talking Raptors podcast! Anyhow yeah, he was cool when he was here. But then, I don't know, why does he get a free pass for essentially indicating that he really wasn't too set on staying at all/didn't like things too much here, and going on to help a rival team/potential finals opponent?

Comment

Who's PJ

Comment

I'm confused.

Comment

Gotta love random rants.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Who's PJ
              I wear superman PJs
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I wear superman PJs

Comment

We'll be seeing PJ soon. The Celtics left him open to shoot corner 3s all night. He hit a few, missed a few, passed up one very strangely so he could make a little shovel pass to Harden who then missed a 3. PJ plays hard and gives Houston some defence. Better that he's gone so the youngsters get the minutes. I'd much rather have CJ than PJ

Comment

I hadn't even thought about him in months....

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                      To be fair, if you asked anyone familiar with the NBA who would field a better team this year, I doubt anyone honest with themselves would've picked the Raptors over the Rockets.

The Rockets were supposed to be contenders. Raptors were supposed to take a step back.

Comment

Can you add a poll so we can vote for if we don't love PJ Tucker or PJ Carlesimo more? For me it's PJ "I Last Bought a Suit in 1977" Carlesimo. I liked PJ Tucker.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't like Carlesimo either.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Can you add a poll so we can vote for if we don't love PJ Tucker or PJ Carlesimo more? For me it's PJ "I Last Bought a Suit in 1977" Carlesimo. I liked PJ Tucker.
                            Added! There ya go

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              To be fair, if you asked anyone familiar with the NBA who would field a better team this year, I doubt anyone honest with themselves would've picked the Raptors over the Rockets.

The Rockets were supposed to be contenders. Raptors were supposed to take a step back.
                              The analysts were wrong. We all knew then, and we all know now. But PJ was on the team. He saw the players. PJ was not an analyst, but a team member. And he doubted us. Despite knowing us. Knowing what we could do. And he doubted us all the same. So he is one of the many we must show that they were wrong. We must show him. Can we do it again friday?

Comment

Working...
                              X