I don't love PJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    The analysts were wrong. We all knew then, and we all know now. But PJ was on the team. He saw the players. PJ was not an analyst, but a team member. And he doubted us. Despite knowing us. Knowing what we could do. And he doubted us all the same. So he is one of the many we must show that they were wrong. We must show him. Can we do it again friday?
    Or he didn't doubt us at all but simply wanted to play in Texas where he played in college. He's allowed to make that choice right?

Comment

The analysts were wrong. We all knew then, and we all know now. But PJ was on the team. He saw the players. PJ was not an analyst, but a team member. And he doubted us. Despite knowing us. Knowing what we could do. And he doubted us all the same. So he is one of the many we must show that they were wrong. We must show him. Can we do it again friday?
      He was on the team (edit: for a mere 3 months) and saw first-hand how limited our offensive schemes were.
      Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Mar 7, 2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I'll take a stab here...he may have left because he got pushback from our resident stars when he got into faces re ...whatever. Maybe those incidents never really got smoothed out? These things happen and he also doesn't have much time left to get that bauble.... so Houston it was.

Comment

Big picture, I think we all owe PJ a debt of gratitude for having the cajones to publicly hold DeMar accountable for not playing defense. It's pretty safe to assume PJ had a few other pointed opinions about the previous Ride or Die culture which shaped Masai's culture reset edicit. I love PJ for that.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Big picture, I think we all owe PJ a debt of gratitude for having the cajones to publicly hold DeMar accountable for not playing defense. It's pretty safe to assume PJ had a few other pointed opinions about the previous Ride or Die culture which shaped Masai's culture reset edicit. I love PJ for that.
            Yeah...when he left I was more upset at missing out on the 2 2nd rounders that were given up for PJ. Now it doesn't feel like too great a loss (the picks) since the other young uns turned out as they have.

Comment

Added! There ya go
              I voted "both are despicable and worthless" cause I know little about either as a man but my favorite pastime is judging people harshly
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

In hindsight I'm happy as hell that Tucker said no to us. OG's development would have suffered if Tucker stayed. Plus we'd most likely not be able to go after CJ.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  In hindsight I'm happy as hell that Tucker said no to us. OG's development would have suffered if Tucker stayed. Plus we'd most likely not be able to go after CJ.
                  On paper it still looks like we'd be better in 2018, as Tucker still >> OG, but the chemistry is so fucking perfect with that 5 man bench unit including miles that I agree completely
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    On paper it still looks like we'd be better in 2018, as Tucker still >> OG, but the chemistry is so fucking perfect with that 5 man bench unit including miles that I agree completely
                    Naw PJ Tucker isn't that great, OG right now is just as good of a defender. Tucker knows the lil vet tricks but that'll come with experience, OG = Raw untapped potential

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      He was on the team (edit: for a mere 3 months) and saw first-hand how limited our offensive schemes were.
                      And what does he think now? What does the great PJ think now? Maybe "I hope Lebron tries in the playoffs" "I'm scared" "I could have had more money AND won in the finals?!"

Comment

That was nice of him! And now look at the dividends. Too bad he didn't stick around to reap the rewards of "Defensive Demar"

Maybe he needs to do some calling out of the bearded teammate he has acquired though?
                        Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I think thats overrated. I don't think PJ did shit.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            I think thats overrated. I don't think PJ did shit.
                            Yeah. I remember looking at some of DD's defensive stats before and after PJ was acquired last year and they were basically the same. People who didn't like Casey lapped up that narrative though.

On the other hand PJ did hold himself accountable and played hard to the end of his tenure here.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Yeah. I remember looking at some of DD's defensive stats before and after PJ was acquired last year and they were basically the same. People who didn't like Casey lapped up that narrative though.

On the other hand PJ did hold himself accountable and played hard to the end of his tenure here.
                              Well in that case, one less reason to even like PJ a little bit! Tries to embarrass our star for no reason, that fool. And sure, plays hard himself for three months as he auditions for the rockets. If anything, maybe when Demar plays PJ now he's like "Oh, you think I can't play defense?!" And locks up Harden just to show him

Comment

Why is this thread even exist?! We sound like butthurt ex girlfriend. PJ was professional and did a good job while he was here and moved on as a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X