X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

The laughingstock.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Too many people make fun of Bargs. He wasn't a great #1 pick (mostly thanks to injuries & the fact he played very little defense), but at least he was an okay offensive player.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Too many people make fun of Bargs. He wasn't a great #1 pick (mostly thanks to injuries & the fact he played very little defense), but at least he was an okay offensive player.
        Was he though? He peaked at 55% TS% and not for very long, and plummeted down close to 50% TS% when he took on first option scoring.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Was he though? He peaked at 55% TS% and not for very long, and plummeted down close to 50% TS% when he took on first option scoring.
          Certainly looks like an "okay" offensive player to me, especially on a terrible team.

Bargs was a victim of circumstance. If BC had the #4 pick instead of #1, he would probably still be on the draft board and wouldn't be crucified nearly as much for not being a true star later on in his career.

If he was a slightly lower pick on a quality team, the perception of him would change greatly.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
            Certainly looks like an "okay" offensive player to me, especially on a terrible team.

Bargs was a victim of circumstance. If BC had the #4 pick instead of #1, he would probably still be on the draft board and wouldn't be crucified nearly as much for not being a true star later on in his career.

If he was a slightly lower pick on a quality team, the perception of him would change greatly.
            For a 7 footer he had a beautiful stroke on his shot and decent footwork, but his effort was terrible. Defense, rebounding, any type of intensity whatsoever. That's how you get boo'd out of Canada.

I think truthfully he doesn't really like basketball. We were discussing darko milicic last week, same thing. A lot of these 7 footers are pushed in by choice because they're 7 feet and decently coordinated. They didn't choose the game, the game chose them, and that will usually catch up to you once you're surrounded by gym rats with intense work ethics who love basketball and are also supremely talented, like a majority of the NBA athletes
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              The laughingstock.

Comment

So was looking up magic numbers because I was bored. Raptors have a magic number of 2 to get into the playoffs. How crazy is that? A Detroit loss and a Raptor win and they are already in the playoffs.. with 17 or 18 games to go. Crazy times.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  So was looking up magic numbers because I was bored. Raptors have a magic number of 2 to get into the playoffs. How crazy is that? A Detroit loss and a Raptor win and they are already in the playoffs.. with 17 or 18 games to go. Crazy times.
                  We need this

Comment

Don’t let this thread devolve into a Bargs debate. This could go sideways with over 24 hours til game time

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Don’t let this thread devolve into a Bargs debate. This could go sideways with over 24 hours til game time
                      I don't think there a debate to be had. Primo gone, Raptors happy.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I don't think there a debate to be had. Primo gone, Raptors happy.
                        And we got another European forward for him (well, the pick that became that European forward)!
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          And we got another European forward for him (well, the pick that became that European forward)!
                          Australian
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Australian
                            Australian?

Comment

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

If we beat Cleveland, how will Steven A react?
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X