Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gk17 wrote: View Post
    No, we are not. We are 15 over .500
    The math/language around that has always kind of bothered me. "We're 30 games over .500" is actually saying 30 more wins than losses, it really doesn't reference a .500 record at all. Having played 64 games now a .500 record would be 32-32, so I yeah a 47-17 record is really 15 games over .500 at this point. 15 wins better than a .500 record after 64 games played. But that's a bit abstract, there should be another phrase for more/fewer wins than losses.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The DeMar dunk also confirms why Blake Griffin has been, is, and will always be a losing player. Pistons are screwed for years.

Comment

• Love seeing that little "x" next to the Raptors name in the standings. First team in the entire league to already clinch the playoffs. Surreal times indeed.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
          I'm thinking he is very hard on himself and was still angry about the rest of his game. That's why he's in the NBA at his size and relative lack of athleticism. I really like the guy.
          That is his reaction after every play he makes. He always acts like he's done it before. No gloating. No emotion. True pro and competitor. We gotta keep this kid in Toronto.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Remember all that "40 wins before 20 losses" talk?

Well, how about 50 wins before 20 losses?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              The math/language around that has always kind of bothered me. "We're 30 games over .500" is actually saying 30 more wins than losses, it really doesn't reference a .500 record at all. Having played 64 games now a .500 record would be 32-32, so I yeah a 47-17 record is really 15 games over .500 at this point. 15 wins better than a .500 record after 64 games played. But that's a bit abstract, there should be another phrase for more/fewer wins than losses.
              I think people are saying we would have to lose 30 games in a row to be a .500 team again

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Forget the math. In any case it is stunning, what the Raptors have achieved so far.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Only if the standings remain close and the Raps are forced to drive right to the finish. We play Boston twice and Cleveland in the last week and if we're somehow resting players for the post season, 60 is anything but assured.

#1 seed and rested/healthy heading into the post season is way more important.
                  Fair enough. The #1 seed is really the thing. My view has just been that 60 wins guarantees the #1 seed, plus, it would be nice to have that plum as well. Thing is, even if they are resting Derozan and Lowry and Ibaka and JV, they still aren't actually guaranteed to lose.

Comment

• Looks like the Magic got boned by the time keepers/refs last night against LA. We're have I seen something like that before?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Iconic photo

They contrast each other so well. Kyle is this hyper active, jittery, intelligent, absolute cornball..and demar is just cool. Cool as in picture in the dictionary beside the word
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm pretty sure we're now 3-0 on national TV in the US. The Cavs beatdown, the Wizards road win and now this game
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• So I had to attend a dinner with friends last night and recorded the game. Got home and started it by 10:30 mountain time, but had to work early and dozed off sometime around halftime not knowing any of the outcome.

No biggie right, just a dog days game against lowly Detroit until the real game Friday?

Yyyeeeeeaaahhhh.....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            So I had to attend a dinner with friends last night and recorded the game. Got home and started it by 10:30 mountain time, but had to work early and dozed off sometime around halftime not knowing any of the outcome.

No biggie right, just a dog days game against lowly Detroit until the real game Friday?

Yyyeeeeeaaahhhh.....
                            It was a pretty boring game tbh
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              It was a pretty boring game tbh
                              The first half didn't sell me on trying really hard to stay awake lol

I'll watch the 4th q and overtime tonight but you can't replicate the element of surprise of watching something before knowing the outcome

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                The first half didn't sell me on trying really hard to stay awake lol

I'll watch the 4th q and overtime tonight but you can't replicate the element of surprise of watching something before knowing the outcome
                                I watched the last 5 minutes of the 4th and end of OT 3 times each to catch all 3 broadcasts. Pretty sweet. ESPN crew were speechless after the dunk. The Detroit color commentator you could tell was hyped but had to restrain himself because it was the wrong team. Good stuff.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X