Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...riors-vs-cavs/

Comment

• This is for scraptor and puffer and slaw, my brothers in "can't view it live"

I just finished the game. Got back from my uncle's birthday and avoided the score fairly easy here in Alberta. I avoided all you motherfuckers and I'm slightly drunk. And let me tell you I didn't sit down all game.

So at first I was most proud of the crowd at ACC. Then I was most proud of Kyle Lowry stepping the fuck up in a hype game. Then I was proud of derozan and jv in crunch time, how they seize the moment.

Fuckin pride man. This is why I LOVE sports. These raptors baby. Special group. Cheers
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        This is for scraptor and puffer and slaw, my brothers in "can't view it live"

I just finished the game. Got back from my uncle's birthday and avoided the score fairly easy here in Alberta. I avoided all you motherfuckers and I'm slightly drunk. And let me tell you I didn't sit down all game.

So at first I was most proud of the crowd at ACC. Then I was most proud of Kyle Lowry stepping the fuck up in a hype game. Then I was proud of derozan and jv in crunch time, how they seize the moment.

Fuckin pride man. This is why I LOVE sports. These raptors baby. Special group. Cheers
        My recording crapped out for some reason. So missed it all. Caught some highlights. Looks like I missed a hell of a game. Raps are for real this year.

Comment

Unfortunately, the social gathering I was at included a guest that insisted on having the TV tuned to the game in the other room, with the volume off. It would have been awkward to get up and go watch it, but periodically one guest or another would wander in and out. "Wow, Toronto's up 14." Or "The lead is down to 8." Eventually, with four minutes left, everybody moved into the TV room. So I got the see the final 4 minutes. I was going to know the outcome ahead of time anyway. Great feeling. But my wife knew I would be watching the whole thing when I got home anyway, just so I could see all the good parts. Great game.

I was thinking of you guys while I watched it, imagining we were all sharing the vicarious thrills of a great Raptor team effort. Tough news Slaw. "Raptors Game in an Hour" on NBA Canada? Then I had to dip into the forum to check peels live reactions.

Yeah, hit the sack late, but it was well worth it. The wine had me feeling mellow and the Raptors had me feeling happy.
          Last edited by Puffer; Sat Mar 10, 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            What an amazing game. 3 things that irked me though, all unrelated to the raps:

1. Leo and Matt constantly bringing up that the rockets came back from 22 against the knicks, haven't lost since January blah blah, right in the middle of the Raptors rolling and leading by 18.

2. One of the biggest games of the year, second half starts, half the seats are empty. The place is quiet as a cemetery. Houston makes a run. Jack got mad at this before too. Like, are the concession lineups too long or what? You pay the big bucks from good seats, but then you miss half of the 3Q cuz you're in the bathroom or something??

3. Also on 3Q, Matt and Leo just completely stop calling the game to visit with Drake. Like, at length. Rockets is making a run, stuff is happening all over and they're just blabbing. Do they have a minimum amount of time they have to talk to Drake on these Drake nights or what? lol smh

Anyways, ACC = fortress. Go Raps!!
            Yeah..now that the Raps are a thing..The Corporate crowd is coming to be seen rather than scream and shout and generally do what fans do at games.Real fans don’t leave their seats during halftime. The price of success is the expense account empty suits that now use the corporate tickets instead of the younger crowd who happily took the tickets no one once wanted.

I have said this before that first and foremost Drake is a fan of Drake. Matt and Leo carrying on some inane drivel with this guy and feeding an ego as big as a continent for that length of time is just bad judgement on SN’s part. It was less cringe worthy than last year’s low point with a drunk Drake hitting on Doris Burke.....but not by much.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Was that the most "non asterisk" win of the year? (max kellerman aside)

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Yeah..now that the Raps are a thing..The Corporate crowd is coming to be seen rather than scream and shout and generally do what fans do at games.Real fans don’t leave their seats during halftime. The price of success is the expense account empty suits that now use the corporate tickets instead of the younger crowd who happily took the tickets no one once wanted.

I have said this before that first and foremost Drake is a fan of Drake. Matt and Leo carrying on some inane drivel with this guy and feeding an ego as big as a continent for that length of time is just bad judgement on SN’s part. It was less cringe worthy than last year’s low point with a drunk Drake hitting on Doris Burke.....but not by much.
                Floor seats were around 9k. Cheaper tickets were around 300 bucks.

Comment

• Comment

• its funny reading excuses by houston fans.

"they had to go to another country and deal with customs"

umm raptors have to do this every single time they leave toronto. houston literally has to do it once a year. boohoohoo.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...treak-17-games

A bunch of impressive stats in there for the Raptors, they really do match up well against the Rockets.
                      love that the highlight video is just james harden scoring, despite raptors winning.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

This isn't a new thing. Lower seats have always been filled mostly with corporates.

Anyway, this happens in every arena. Concessions are slow, bathroom lineups are long. Seats are empty coming back from halftime.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            This isn't a new thing. Lower seats have always been filled mostly with corporates.

Anyway, this happens in every arena. Concessions are slow, bathroom lineups are long. Seats are empty coming back from halftime.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            It's not that big of a deal imo... but I'd love to see a dedicated lower seat section(w/ fixed prices) for singing fans.

Comment

I honestly considered throwing sushi at everyone else so I could make my escape.

But I'm glad it was a treat. After so many years of suffering this is well deserved.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                What an amazing game. 3 things that irked me though, all unrelated to the raps:

1. Leo and Matt constantly bringing up that the rockets came back from 22 against the knicks, haven't lost since January blah blah, right in the middle of the Raptors rolling and leading by 18.

2. One of the biggest games of the year, second half starts, half the seats are empty. The place is quiet as a cemetery. Houston makes a run. Jack got mad at this before too. Like, are the concession lineups too long or what? You pay the big bucks from good seats, but then you miss half of the 3Q cuz you're in the bathroom or something??

3. Also on 3Q, Matt and Leo just completely stop calling the game to visit with Drake. Like, at length. Rockets is making a run, stuff is happening all over and they're just blabbing. Do they have a minimum amount of time they have to talk to Drake on these Drake nights or what? lol smh

Anyways, ACC = fortress. Go Raps!!
                                I'd prefer that Drake and all the dance crap and drunken interviews and the bad unis and other gimmicky stuff all go away and let us watch great basketball instead.....why do we have to give him a mike for that annoying voice too? Sorry, end rant, it was a great game, don't need the other distractions that should be reserved for losing teams....

Comment

Working...
                                X