Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could tonights game be " one " of the biggest regular season games in Raptors history ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah it's a regular game. It's high up on the hype level because both teams are rolling and leading their conferences, but it doesn't affect seeding much and it's a not a particularly big rivalry just yet (compared to other teams). We already beat them on the home court this year, they might beat us now and split the series, or we take it and sweep the series. Either result won't define either of the two teams, they're both excellent.

To be honest, I hope the players don't get caught up on how much the reality shows out there talk about them or not. It's a big distraction. Just get it done on the court. Other than that, who gives a shit

Comment

This game isn't a big deal, but it also, is a big deal. Toronto has traditionally lost most games like this.... they need to win one.

Sad part, they can't win. If they do come out on top:

US media -----> The Rockets lost.

And if they lose:

US media-----> Raptors lose, proving they are not contenders, justifying our snubs.

Sad Sj is Sad.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        This game isn't a big deal, but it also, is a big deal. Toronto has traditionally lost most games like this.... they need to win one.

And if they lose:

US media-----> Raptors lose, proving they are not contenders, justifying our snubs.

Sad Sj is Sad.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There was a little bit of "We don't talk about the Raptors enough" buzz starting to swell in the US media landscape this week, so I do think if we were the ones to end the Houston win streak tonight that we'd garner that much more attention. What that really means in the long run though.... not much. I'm really just ready for the playoffs to start as any traction we gain with the general public before then will be short lived and ultimately meaningless.

Comment

I, for one, could really give a shit how much props we're getting south of the border.

Just play the right way and win. To the last game of the year.

Comment

Man, sometimes I feel like there's more talk about TMZ, Shaq, stephen whoever-the-fuck-he-is etc.. than about the game and basketball itself. We look like a hormonal teenager fretting about whether or our crush likes us, living off crumbs of attention the "U.S. media" drops. I say "we" because I myself get sucked into this sometimes. It might be a product of past teams, but it's like we depend on the external affirmation by someone else to truly believe this team is great. The only way to cure that might be to win a ring, or at least the East.

So on the eve of this "classic", I got 3 wishes for the genie:

1. Basketball and sports in general remain the last bastion standing amongst the reality-show sewage that television has become.
              2. We grow a pair, stay confident and the Raps win the East, and eventually a ring
              3. And if and when we don't , we nod to their effort, and don't take a steaming dump on the very players we've been lauding over the past months for becoming the best team in franchise history (regardless of what ESPN says or doesn't).

Comment

Dub

Comment

Biggest win of the season so far, I’d say.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

yes

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Biggest win of the season so far, I’d say.
                      Agreed

Comment

I know it's just regular season but I've been following this team for 20 years and frankly, it felt like one of the biggest confirmation games in our history. Even if it just confirms that we won tonight, I'm feeling the glow.

Comment

Answer to This thread: yes. Yes it could. The hype is real, let's ride 2018 till the wheels fall off boys
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

And if they lose:

Sad Sj is Sad.

But do you see, they won, and I was right.

So, so sad Sj.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                              Man, sometimes I feel like there's more talk about TMZ, Shaq, stephen whoever-the-fuck-he-is etc.. than about the game and basketball itself. We look like a hormonal teenager fretting about whether or our crush likes us, living off crumbs of attention the "U.S. media" drops. I say "we" because I myself get sucked into this sometimes. It might be a product of past teams, but it's like we depend on the external affirmation by someone else to truly believe this team is great. The only way to cure that might be to win a ring, or at least the East.

So on the eve of this "classic", I got 3 wishes for the genie:

1. Basketball and sports in general remain the last bastion standing amongst the reality-show sewage that television has become.
                              2. We grow a pair, stay confident and the Raps win the East, and eventually a ring
                              3. And if and when we don't , we nod to their effort, and don't take a steaming dump on the very players we've been lauding over the past months for becoming the best team in franchise history (regardless of what ESPN says or doesn't).
                              If Toronto runs the table, you know that they will get their 3/4 man in the Summer.....LBJ baby

Comment

If Toronto runs the table, you know that they will get their 3/4 man in the Summer.....LBJ baby
                                It should put us into the conversation for Lebron, at least, though the sign and trade necessary would definitely require some finesse, especially if we wanted to center the trade around Serge (the logical piece for us) rather than Kyle (the easier sell to the Cavaliers fan base). And even with us in the conversation, it's still very much a longshot unless Lebron wants to win now much more than live the Hollywood life in LA or become the new face of a seriously up and coming team in Philly.

All that said, Kyle + Demar + Lebron + JV + Anunoby would be an *amazing* lineup, especially if we can keep three or more of our current bench mob on the team. This is even more motivation for the Cavs to ask for Kyle, though, although if Lebron makes it clear that it's us in a sign-and-trade versus Lebron to LA and the Cavs get nothing, the Cavs may opt to not lose out completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X