Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could tonights game be " one " of the biggest regular season games in Raptors history ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be basically impossible to get James in a sign and trade this summer. Unless he wants to play for about 5M per year (the tax MLE) there's not really a path to getting him.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Speaking of fantasy,I saw somewhere that Kevin Durant would look to moving to the winners.So who you got KD or Lebron?

Comment

its not about fan ego bud, its about Raptor players being able to cash in, if they cant, they wont wanna come

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          It would be basically impossible to get James in a sign and trade this summer. Unless he wants to play for about 5M per year (the tax MLE) there's not really a path to getting him.
          Sign and trade not possible? Could we not involve a 3rd team? Something like: JV+Powell+Miles+Bebe, which is more than 30M outgoing salary.

Comment

LeBron ain't moving his kids to Canada. I see the Philly with the young whipper snappers angle. I see Houston with cp3 and harden angle. Or stay in Cleveland. I really don't see the LA angle, LeBron definitely wants a couple more rings
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              LeBron ain't moving his kids to Canada. I see the Philly with the young whipper snappers angle. I see Houston with cp3 and harden angle. Or stay in Cleveland. I really don't see the LA angle, LeBron definitely wants a couple more rings

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Summertime, holidays and retirement home. I mean I could see it but it doesn't seem like LA can win soon even if they brought LeBron and another star. The elite teams are insanely good.

One thing is forsure, there is a chance LeBron has already decided where he's going. And if it's not Cleveland, he might be mentally checked out if and when we see them. Raptors 2018 is more interesting than LeBron decision.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Sign and trade not possible? Could we not involve a 3rd team? Something like: JV+Powell+Miles+Bebe, which is more than 30M outgoing salary.
                  Bebe is a free agent at the end of the season, isn't he?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Raps can't just match salary. They project to be above the hard cap. Meaning if they activate the hard cap (say, by receiving a player, any player, even the best player in the world, in a sign and trade) they have to shed salary. Significant salary. So, let's say LeBron wants his max, which he's been explicit he's not taking pay cuts anymore. So that's roughly 40M. So for the Raps to shed the 5-10M needed, they have to send out 45M in contracts or so. Except they have to send out a lot of contracts to a) meet that number and b) actually provide value to the Cavs, who are inexplicably taking on salary in this scenario, or to a third team - either way, a bunch of players outgoing. But now the Raptors have to fill a bunch of roster slots - even before the James deal they have to sign a couple of minimum contracts. Say they shed 5 contracts to make the deal work, and that's 7 slots to fill, at 1.5M a pop - all under the hard cap. So that means the Raps have to send out more like 55M in contracts to make a LBJ sign and trade work.

So about double the value of your proposed deal to make the numbers work.

It's not possible, unless James wants a significant pay cut.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Summertime, holidays and retirement home. I mean I could see it but it doesn't seem like LA can win soon even if they brought LeBron and another star. The elite teams are insanely good.

One thing is forsure, there is a chance LeBron has already decided where he's going. And if it's not Cleveland, he might be mentally checked out if and when we see them. Raptors 2018 is more interesting than LeBron decision.

Comment

But if we drafted dame the future changes dramatically. then we don't get Lowry and we don't trade ross for ibaka and also possibly Donald Trump becomes president of the USA
                        Jesus Christ...imagine Trump as President? That country would go down the shitter pretty fast!

Comment

Answer to This thread: yes. Yes it could. The hype is real, let's ride 2018 till the wheels fall off boys
                          The answer is no ... All we wake up too ( We as U.S ) is U.S media talking about whats wrong with the Cavs and what is wrong with the Warriors . Imagine is Cavs beat the Rockets ..

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                            The answer is no ... All we wake up too ( We as U.S ) is U.S media talking about whats wrong with the Cavs and what is wrong with the Warriors . Imagine is Cavs beat the Rockets ..
                            You're listening to the wrong people then.

In the podcast I posted today, Leroux states Rockets/Raptors was the best League Pass game since 2015 when IIRC Warriors/Spurs hooked up.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                              Both those teams have been to the 3 straight finals and usually smack us around the last few years. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

Comment

I know it's human nature to want praise and validation, in this case from the U. S. media (and I'll admit I'm a bit guilty of that at times), but it almost seems we're a bit like puppies craving praise. "who's a good team??? you're a good team!!!"
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X