D. Carroll
    J. Allen

Raptors:
    Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    Norman Powell
    Serge Ibaka
    Jonas Valanciunas

Toronto is tied for 3rd in both ORTG and DRTG. They sit 1st in the East, 3 games up on Boston.

Brooklyn is 25th in ORTG and 23rd in DRTG. They sit 13th in the East.

This game continues a three game road trip with a stop in Indiana on Thursday before heading home to play Dallas on Friday.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

hopefully another lazy win.

Comment

Comment

DanH is slaughtering teams. Take me to the finals Dan. We'll drop 1 game in Oracle possibly.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh, my heart.

The Raptors have a 2.5 game lead for the top seed in the East. They’ve also got the NBA’s fourth-ranked offensive rating, and the NBA’s third-ranked defensive rating. They—not the Golden State Warriors, not the Houston Rockets—are the only team in the top five in both categories. They’ve now beaten the Rockets twice this season, they smoked the Cavs in January, they beat the Celtics by 20 in February, and they’ve lost twice to the Warriors by a combined seven points. I can’t believe I’m saying this: The Raptors are a very serious championship contender. I like their chances.

Comment

We're closer to #1 overall in the league than Boston is to us.

Now the Nets. There are 7 awful teams between 20-24 wins. The front office of 6 of those 7 has taken steps to lose, sitting better players to play worse players, buying out players, etc.. Nets are the only exception because they have no incentive to lose. Over the past 10 games, they've gained ground on exactly 1 of those 6 tanking teams.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Oh, my heart.
              Qui est ca?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Qui est ca?
                Deadspin

Comment

Deadspin
                  Entitled: The Raptors Are Ridiculously Good.

https://deadspin.com/the-raptors-are...ood-1823684760

edit: My favourite line: "If Dwane Casey doesn’t win Coach of the Year, it will be because the voters are shitheads."
                  Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Mar 11, 2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

And they shit on them whenever they talk about them. Smh.

It's a process. I'm not comparing the Raptors to the Bulls but I know very well - early Jordan's Bulls team were a perennial 1st round exit team. They learned a lot of from their mistakes from those losses and became a perennial champsionship team even when Jordan retired in the early 90's.

I think this team is the same thing, I think they're finally ready to contend.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Let's keep winning. 60 W isn't too far ahead

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        DanH is slaughtering teams. Take me to the finals Dan. We'll drop 1 game in Oracle possibly.
                        GS lost 2 in a row now without Curry.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          GS lost 2 in a row now without Curry.
                          I'm not opposed to hiring Tonya Harding as our new global ambassador
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            And they shit on them whenever they talk about them. Smh.

It's a process. I'm not comparing the Raptors to the Bulls but I know very well - early Jordan's Bulls team were a perennial 1st round exit team. They learned a lot of from their mistakes from those losses and became a perennial champsionship team even when Jordan retired in the early 90's.

I think this team is the same thing, I think they're finally ready to contend.
                            For the sake of the fan base, lets not get too optimistic. Being a lifelong fan of N.American teams that don't win - I expect the kick to the balls to be coming any second.

Comment

I find this premise that the Raptors are playoff chokers a little frustrating. The first two years; absolutely. But that's getting to be a long time ago and our key players are either much more experienced or (Ibaka, FVV, Pascal etc, etc) different people. Losing to Cleveland in the eastern final two years ago was hardly an embarrassment. Losing to them again last year was disappointing but it was bad luck to hit them in the second round and they were playing very, very well at the time. Raptors would have beaten anyone else in the east. I'm trying to stay grounded here....and still worry about the whistle when the NBA knows a Raptors final would get bad tv ratings. But since the All Star break this team has been just unbelievable from Derozan to Miller. Casey has been pushing all of the right buttons. I hope Brooklyn isn't too feisty; I'd like to see our deep bench guys again for half of the 4rth quarter. This roster is looking so deep!

Comment

Working...
                              X