X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Brooklyn used to be us against any good team when we were shit not just Spurs. Feels REALLY good to be on the other side finally.
      Man I remember all those games over the years when you would circle a date, expecting a loss. Then the Raps would be up at the half, and up at the third quarter, and then the good team would shift gears and the Raps would lose by ten. 100% about being on the other side.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        It's the same problem that drags Raps #'s down south of the border - with Raps games, only half the fans for that particular game are being counted (the Toronto fans for CDN ratings). With CFL games, you're still getting viewers from both team markets. The CFL may be a joke in much of Ontario, but it isn't in the rest of the country.
        The CFL is a joke, period. The rest of the country just doesn't get it.

Comment

• We're only 1 game back of the Warriors.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Man I remember all those games over the years when you would circle a date, expecting a loss. Then the Raps would be up at the half, and up at the third quarter, and then the good team would shift gears and the Raps would lose by ten. 100% about being on the other side.
            Bro there were soooo many of those games, it was draining. And then we would go play another crappy team and we would play down to them and lose. So we couldn't beat the good-elite teams and we couldn't beat the bad teams like us because we wouldn't come with the same energy like we did against the good teams. It was brutal.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• This game changed when Powell didn't comeback. OG please come back soon
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                This game changed when Powell didn't comeback. OG please come back soon
                Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Maybe now some people around here will realize how important OG is to the starting lineup EVEN when he isn't shooting the ball well. He's just a smarter player, a much much much better defender and he's stronger, bigger and longer. Him knocking down 3's or getting to the basket and cutting is just icing on the cake. It's not like Norm is knocking down a whole heap of shots anyway. It's no coincidence that right when OG cracked our starting lineup we as a team and the starting lineup specifically started playing a whole lot better. When he's hitting shots we're almost unbeatable.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• (Own)Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaalllllllll
                  Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Mar 13, 2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    (Own)Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaalllllllll
                    Yup, not over yet. We're major dogs. Tigres are very good

Comment

• Hmmmm. So I see

Comment

• Really fun game. Nets played about as well as they are capable of. Credit to them. Raps held them to 35 points in the second half. They scored 40 in the first quarter.

Raps just played at the high tempo all game and ran the Nets down. Toronto could not do that in seasons past. The ability to play at pace and remain effective was a huge weakness for this team. Not anymore.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Hmmmm. So I see
                          well, now it's over

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            well, now it's over
                            Congrats to TFC, didn't think they could do it. I'd love for an MLS team to finally win the Champs League, and I'd much rather it be you guys than Seattle
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Nah, Fred's at his best off ball. If the opponent is half decent, they know to let him drive and contest his shot, play him for the pass, and if he hits the contested layup so be it. Fred's way better spotting up, and then slashing if he gets closed out on without the help defence keyed on him. I mean, ideally that's Lowry's role too, but when he's forced to create he's more dangerous than Fred. But yeah, I'd peg it as DeMar, then Lowry, then FVV in terms of primary set initiators IMO.
                              VanVleet's season turned around after the first month or so, when his 3% started skyrocketing. Before that he had such a hard time impacting the game positively on offence since the D didn't have to worry about his shooting. It has made such a big difference.

Comment

• Wonder why Russell hit the bench in the first. Man he was on fire and his coach just threw water all over him. That first quarter was weird. Brooklyn (ie, Russell) couldn't miss, yet it was still like a 5 point game. I guess I know why Brooklyn has such a sh!tty record.. They can't defend for the life of them.

I didn't like the second quarter much. Bench brought it back to a tie game I think (might have taken the lead) but the starters just squandered all of it. I get its the Nets, but I hate when the starters are sleep walking through a game. So irritating.

Second half was great though. Nets couldn't buy a bucket.. and Raps were just simply too good and rolling. JV was a beast offensively, and he put up 20 shots! Is that the most field goal attempts by JV in a game? Feels like it. He was all over the paint. Great game plan to feast inside. That's not something they would have done last year.

FVV was our engine again. Just put his head down and went to town. +31. Just crazy stat considering how badly they were losing early on. He's a keeper in my opinion.. hopefully Masai feels the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X