X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    You forget Carmelo is still in the league
    Deng, Mozgov, Biyombo and plenty more.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• It's funny how Demar did not play well at all tonight and his stat line is still very impressive. He was very efficient and he was still a plus on the floor lol
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• J. Valanciunas
        27 MIN, 26 PTS, 14 REB, 1 AST, 0 STL, 12-20 FG, 0-1 3FG, 2-5 FT, 1 BLK, 1 TO, 5 +/-

Comment

• Lowry played a lot better than he's being credit for by anyone. All people seem to notice is how many 3's he bricks. Hit JV with more than a few nice passes and never turned the ball over once. I must be watching a different game than everyone else.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Okafor - DNP. Bust?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• RR: The Raps tied a franchise-best mark with a seventh consecutive win on the road.

Comment

• A lot of games against bad teams that go this way now. First half they don’t care, and are down at the half. Second half they come out and obliterate the other team and end up winning by double digits. This squad has that elite team feel to them.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I also can't believe I'm saying this but I rather the ball in Fred hands than Kyle's at this point. Fred just makes the right play most of the time. Kyle is always taking some highly contested quick 3 that bricks. I want the ball either in Fred or Demar's hands. Now there will be games when OG might have to close if we're playing a bigger 3 but other than that it should always be Fred unless he's playing like shit that game. And even when he is playing like shit he always finds a way to make a couple winning plays.
                  Nah, Fred's at his best off ball. If the opponent is half decent, they know to let him drive and contest his shot, play him for the pass, and if he hits the contested layup so be it. Fred's way better spotting up, and then slashing if he gets closed out on without the help defence keyed on him. I mean, ideally that's Lowry's role too, but when he's forced to create he's more dangerous than Fred. But yeah, I'd peg it as DeMar, then Lowry, then FVV in terms of primary set initiators IMO.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Lowry played a lot better than he's being credit for by anyone. All people seem to notice is how many 3's he bricks. Hit JV with more than a few nice passes and never turned the ball over once. I must be watching a different game than everyone else.
                    He fell asleep defensively a few too many times for my liking, but he wasn't bad in this one, just sleepy like most of the other starters.

DeMar was bad for 3 quarters, then great to close. Powell was bad all night. Ibaka and Lowry slept through most of the game but were ultimately OK. JV was great. The bench was great, in spite of a spotty defensive night for Poeltl and some chaotic offensive stretches.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      He fell asleep defensively a few too many times for my liking, but he wasn't bad in this one, just sleepy like most of the other starters.

DeMar was bad for 3 quarters, then great to close. Powell was bad all night. Ibaka and Lowry slept through most of the game but were ultimately OK. JV was great. The bench was great, in spite of a spotty defensive night for Poeltl and some chaotic offensive stretches.
                      JV made 12 baskets. 6 were passes from Lowry. Don't think anyone else assisted more than 1.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Nah, Fred's at his best off ball. If the opponent is half decent, they know to let him drive and contest his shot, play him for the pass, and if he hits the contested layup so be it. Fred's way better spotting up, and then slashing if he gets closed out on without the help defence keyed on him. I mean, ideally that's Lowry's role too, but when he's forced to create he's more dangerous than Fred. But yeah, I'd peg it as DeMar, then Lowry, then FVV in terms of primary set initiators IMO.
                        I hear you but to me in the clutch at least Lowry has been very erratic in my opinion. He's not able to blow by guys the way he once could which results in him taking some terrible 3's (in my opinion) that more often than not brick. But yes Fred does get bogged down a bit too against good teams mainly because of his size. I just find he has a more calming factor to him and he at least tries to make the right play and does more often than not. Kyle sometimes plays too wild down the stretch for me. You never know what you're gonna get with him. If he's shooting the ball well that night then it doesn't matter but when he's having those off nights like tonight you just gotta pray.

The perfect example to me was when he was running the show down the stretch and fred was still on the bench. He literally took maybe two or three bad shots in a row. Then casey had to call a time out to bring fred back in. As soon as fred comes in things start to settle down. And this game isn't the first time I've noticed this happen. It's just that some games Kyle actually hits the crazy 3's he takes so you forgive it as a fan. Now Demar is definitely the first option in terms of having the ball in their hands but even if Kyle is number 2 still I don't think it's by as big of a margin as it should be. We shall see in the playoffs. I trust your opinion Dan and you normally have facts to back up your statements so I'll agree with you for now lol
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Lowry played a lot better than he's being credit for by anyone. All people seem to notice is how many 3's he bricks. Hit JV with more than a few nice passes and never turned the ball over once. I must be watching a different game than everyone else.
                          People seem to undervalue Lowry. He is the leader and the heart and soul of this team.

Comment

• Wouldn’t it be great if the Cavs fell down to 7th place and played the Celtics in the first round?

Anybody notice that the last game of the year is against Miami who could very well be playing the Raps in the first round. That would be a weird game if it doesn’t matter for either team since no one would be wanting to show their hand.

Comment

• Sup, ESPN? How's your 43-wins-predicted Toronto Raptors doing?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X