Everything Nigel Hayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Nigel Hayes

The man is a 100 percent three point shooter! We should have him taking all our shots?

Best Hayes since Chuck
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Best Hayes since Chuck
      Firmly in second until he hits a one legged runner from just inside the three point arc with the shot clock expiring in a playoff game (I think).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think we're going to be seeing more Hayes over the next week-plus. He'll get a second 10-day contract, not just because we're going to evaluate him thoroughly, but also because keeping him here is going to mess with the G-league affiliate of the Knicks for a significant portion of the stretch run.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
          I think we're going to be seeing more Hayes over the next week-plus. He'll get a second 10-day contract, not just because we're going to evaluate him thoroughly, but also because keeping him here is going to mess with the G-league affiliate of the Knicks for a significant portion of the stretch run.
          I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a rest-of-season deal after the 10-days either. Could be they want to lock in some minimum wage depth at the forward spots for next season, could potentially give him this year and next. In any case, a big 3, stretch 4 is the one area where if we suffer an injury we are extremely lacking in depth (OG and Serge being the only two that fit either description) - so he'd make more sense as the 15th man for a playoff run than, say, Malcolm Miller would (who I expect back next year on a minimum deal as well, just not this spring).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3868440

Hayes, who signed a 10-day contract with the Raptors, played only five minutes but was part of a second unit that outscored the Knicks’ bench, 69-22. He’s also convinced the Knicks gave up on him too soon.

“As I’ve been telling people lately, I bloomed a little too late,” he said. “If I was this Nigel on draft night, I’d for sure be somewhere on a roster and in a rotation. But I chose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Lo and behold we will still get on the top floor, don’t you worry."

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3868440

Hayes, who signed a 10-day contract with the Raptors, played only five minutes but was part of a second unit that outscored the Knicks’ bench, 69-22. He’s also convinced the Knicks gave up on him too soon.

“As I’ve been telling people lately, I bloomed a little too late,” he said. “If I was this Nigel on draft night, I’d for sure be somewhere on a roster and in a rotation. But I chose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Lo and behold we will still get on the top floor, don’t you worry."
              I love his confidence
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                I love his confidence
                Not sure about his iq..unless there's a fire, the elevator is there for a reason
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Not sure about his iq..unless there's a fire, the elevator is there for a reason
                  You get a better workout using the stairs

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    You get a better workout using the stairs
                    Yeah, much better cardio! I bet he has super strong legs now too. Those dudes who hopped on the elevator are probably all out of shape now and stuff

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a rest-of-season deal after the 10-days either. Could be they want to lock in some minimum wage depth at the forward spots for next season, could potentially give him this year and next. In any case, a big 3, stretch 4 is the one area where if we suffer an injury we are extremely lacking in depth (OG and Serge being the only two that fit either description) - so he'd make more sense as the 15th man for a playoff run than, say, Malcolm Miller would (who I expect back next year on a minimum deal as well, just not this spring).
                      I think its more likely they trust Miller in a playoff game than Hayes and thus that Miller is the one signed.

Imo its important to remember its not really the 15th spot, its the 13th spot since one of the spots is Malachai and the other is Alphonzo McKinnie, neither of whom have played any significant minutes with the team.

Miller as a 2/3 type guy has value for this team assuming an injury occurs since OG and Norm are currently the biggest injury concerns

Comment

ALERT: Woj Bomb detected

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          ALERT: Woj Bomb detected

Might as well confirm that Nigel Hayes is back.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Masai must like this kid.. or he's sensing we're going to be resting some of our starters more and he'd be a good guy to give minutes too.

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to getting more of a look.
                              Hopefully he can keep draining his 3's and stay away from Casey's doghouse.
                              Could be a valuable piece as the last man.
                              Either him or Miller look like really frickin terrific end of the bench options.

Comment

Working...
                              X