No announcement yet.

Everything Nigel Hayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If both OG and Norm are out tomorrow he could possibly draw the start. Hayes-Ibaka-JV would be a very imposing frontcourt
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'd put my money on Miller getting the start. He's started several games with the rest of that unit before, no? He's also a more mobile defender and didn't get the talk from the coach at the end of the last game for showboating. We shall see. With no OG and no Norm, hopefully both get plenty of useful run.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Masai must like this kid.. or he's sensing we're going to be resting some of our starters more and he'd be a good guy to give minutes too.
        Well, Toronto has traded some picks so Raps need to re-stock from somewhere. Miller, Hayes, Richardson and no doubt others will all be a part of that I would guess.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Well, Toronto has traded some picks so Raps need to re-stock from somewhere. Miller, Hayes, Richardson and no doubt others will all be a part of that I would guess.
          Not much re-stocking needed this offseason. If Fred's back and Bebe's gone, that's s 1-11 covered (assuming Powell is #11). Richardson has another year. Just have to fill the fringe.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Not much re-stocking needed this offseason. If Fred's back and Bebe's gone, that's s 1-11 covered (assuming Powell is #11). Richardson has another year. Just have to fill the fringe.
            Yeah, though I could see Powell gone. Meaning the extra wing depth from Hayes/Miller (both of whom I expect on a minimum deal next year) would be helpful.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Masai must like this kid.. or he's sensing we're going to be resting some of our starters more and he'd be a good guy to give minutes too.
              They liked him for a long time, otherwise they wouldn't have invited to a pre-draft workout this past summer.

Also seems to be a genuine good guy, high character type

Comment

And he's gone. Does this mean Malcolm Miller is our 15th man for the playoffs?

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                  And he's gone. Does this mean Malcolm Miller is our 15th man for the playoffs?
                  Well, he’s not gone. He’s just not on the team right now. If they want, they can still sign him to a contract.

I expect Miller has won that spot, and will be signed on the last day of the season. But if Miller was to say get hurt between now and the last game, they could still fall back on Hayes if they wanted to.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Also seems to be a genuine good guy, high character type
                    Absolutely - thanks for posting.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                      I think we're going to be seeing more Hayes over the next week-plus. He'll get a second 10-day contract, not just because we're going to evaluate him thoroughly, but also because keeping him here is going to mess with the G-league affiliate of the Knicks for a significant portion of the stretch run.
                      Does G-League have a salary cap ? Can't you try to keep him in your organization by paying him

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Does G-League have a salary cap ? Can't you try to keep him in your organization by paying him
                        G-League has a defined salary range. Also, players can't sign with teams, they can only sign with the league, and get assigned to a team.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Saw this guy on the box score for Sacramento today. He’s all over the place this year.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                            Saw this guy on the box score for Sacramento today. He’s all over the place this year.
                            Noooo they got our guy For the rest of the season, apparently. Could he be signed for the playoffs though, given the Kings lack of playoff anything?

On the bright side, this probably improves the 905's chances at playoff advancement. So go raps! Can the double championship happen?

Comment

He's signed through next year with them. If the Raptors wanted him for the playoffs they'd have him right now. They chose Miller (IMO).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X