Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

As basketball fans know, for the last decade the answer to "who is the most underrated player?" has always been Mike Conley. It even got to the point that he was being overrated at being underrated. Lately, there have been a stream of US national press articles coming out on what's percolating north of the border. I thought it would be good to post them here and add some as you find them. These aren't new articles..they've been see elsewhere on this site. Let's see if we can prove them right (before Conley makes an all star team)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4c73420ccac

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/s...-raptors-.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/h...ir-bad-habits/

Who?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Who?
      Well played.

Comment

Great idea saving them.

There is a sticky right at the top of Let's NBA for long form articles such as these. I've put a bunch of Raptor's stuff there over the past couple of seasons.

But come to think of it, maybe Raptor articles like these should have a sticky here in the Everything Raptors forum.

Mods? Thoughts?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Great idea saving them.

There is a sticky right at the top of Let's NBA for long form articles such as these. I've put a bunch of Raptor's stuff there over the past couple of seasons.

But come to think of it, maybe Raptor articles like these should have a sticky here in the Everything Raptors forum.

Mods? Thoughts?
          Yeah...I just thought these articles all had the same Raptor related theme (read about the NBA's best team you've never heard of!) and if we keep playing well against better competition, there will be more to come. Thanks (full disclosure...I'm not a Mod..this is a single opinion)

Comment

Great articles. Verrry complimentary. Almost gushing. Not used to seeing that from the US media.

Comment

The thing is that we've been getting lots of these articles for the past 3-4 years now, but we tend to focus all of our energy and attention on one negative comment from Kenny Smith or Shaq, during a TNT broadcast. Some very insightful articles were critical of the Raps approach in past years which ended up being right, but we dismissed them at the time as bashing the team.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                The thing is that we've been getting lots of these articles for the past 3-4 years now, but we tend to focus all of our energy and attention on one negative comment from Kenny Smith or Shaq, during a TNT broadcast. Some very insightful articles were critical of the Raps approach in past years which ended up being right, but we dismissed them at the time as bashing the team.
                I have to disagree. First of all, can you find any of these "insightful articles"? Because most of the non-puff pieces that discussed our offence were more in the vein of "Raptors play an antiquated style, but somehow make it work". Granted the "will it keep working in the playoffs?" question was asked in a number of them. It was our defence that got trashed on numerous occasions,
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

And speaking of defence, we've quietly climbed to 6th on NBA.com with a 102.4 DRTG. No Raptor team has ever finished top 6. The highest ranking ever was Kevin O'Neill's 03-04 team that finished 7th.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    And speaking of defence, we've quietly climbed to 6th on NBA.com with a 102.4 DRTG. No Raptor team has ever finished top 6. The highest ranking ever was Kevin O'Neill's 03-04 team that finished 7th.
                    And the offence paid dearly for that. *shudders*

I missed this somehow, they don't break into finer details but the do give props to DeMar and actually, somehow, end up drawing parallels between Dwane Casey and Gregg Popovich:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I have to admit I was very skeptical of the idea of changing up the offense. I didn't think the players would adapt this well. And the early season comments by Lowry, weren't exactly encouraging.

But I'm REALLY impressed with the results. We're steamrolling teams on a nightly basis. Scoring 100 pts in 3 quarters is no longer shocking. The offense is flowing, everyone is scoring, and nobody's really breaking a sweat out there. It's incredible to watch.

Now the only question is, why did it take so long to make these changes?

Comment

We're in the middle of a 14-3 stretch (.823). Just imagine what the US national headlines would've been had we started the season this hot.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          We're in the middle of a 14-3 stretch (.823). Just imagine what the US national headlines would've been had we started the season this hot.
                          "Lonzo Ball almost gets a triple double against Sacramento!" etc.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I have to admit I was very skeptical of the idea of changing up the offense. I didn't think the players would adapt this well. And the early season comments by Lowry, weren't exactly encouraging.

But I'm REALLY impressed with the results. We're steamrolling teams on a nightly basis. Scoring 100 pts in 3 quarters is no longer shocking. The offense is flowing, everyone is scoring, and nobody's really breaking a sweat out there. It's incredible to watch.

Now the only question is, why did it take so long to make these changes?
                            We were winning

Comment

Longest losing streak for the season is 2 games. We have a 6 game win streak and two 4 game win streaks (one active), plus three 2-game win streaks to outweigh the two 2-game losing streaks we've had. Team definitely knows how to bounce back from bad play.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X