X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    DanH going for

Team record is 11! Legggooo
    So what's our playoff rotation looking like? DanH and Zainab are locks. Who else had a good run? 007? Team was so good this year, we didn't get as many different thread starters as usual. We didn't even need big guns like JClaw and Joey. lol.

I dunno, maybe we should rest DanH for this one and start Abbas. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      So what's our playoff rotation looking like? DanH and Zainab are locks. Who else had a good run? 007? Team was so good this year, we didn't get as many different thread starters as usual. We didn't even need big guns like JClaw and Joey. lol.

Heck no, I'm like Kyle Lowry. I'll just get out of rhythm. Don't worry, I probably won't have the play the 4th Q.

As for game thread starters, the Raptors' longest winning streaks by descending length thus far:

9 (and counting): Me!
      7 (from Feb 2): Zainab
      6 (from Dec 13): planetmars
      6 (from Nov 25): consmap
      5 (from Dec 29): 007
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Posters get fired for decisions like that.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Hopefully Lance doesn't go bonkers again like last time and Raptors should be fine.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

As for game thread starters, the Raptors' longest winning streaks by descending length thus far:

These are the type of advanced stats this board needs.

Many of you may not know that I am in fact the forum leader in corny jokes made that received a groan rather than a "like".

Per 100 posts, of course
            Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Mar 14, 2018, 11:45 AM.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Heck no, I'm like Kyle Lowry. I'll just get out of rhythm. Don't worry, I probably won't have the play the 4th Q.

I want to know what the lineup would be if we were tanking.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Powell is in worst duo, worst trio and worst 5 man unit for Raps
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Powell is in worst duo, worst trio and worst 5 man unit for Raps
                  Vanvleet is in the best side of every one

Masai gon find some 3rd stringer in China tho

Comment

Vanvleet is in the best side of every one

Masai gon find some 3rd stringer in China tho
                    But that's what FVV was, tho. And I love that.

Comment

But that's what FVV was, tho. And I love that.
                      He should have been drafted in later round of 2016 but turned down 1 way d league offers and then made the raptors roster. Plus he has been a very rare and exceptional case of development.

I get what you're saying about how the average to slightly below average point guard has become like a dime a dozen. But fred has not been just serviceable, he's been quite literally possibly the most impactful bench player of the 2018 calendar year. And here's where it differs from biyombo: biyombo was overrated from a couple playoff games and playing within himself on a team that could hide his horrible offense 20 min a night. But he had a track record of 4 or 5 previous seasons in the NBA to go "ehh this guy is pretty limited". Fred is in his first full season after marinating for a great 4 year college run. Even if he never improves from here and ends up as the player he's been the last few months for the next 8 to 10 years, he'll carve out a long and well paid NBA career.

Comment

He should have been drafted in later round of 2016 but turned down 1 way d league offers and then made the raptors roster. Plus he has been a very rare and exceptional case of development.

I get what you're saying about how the average to slightly below average point guard has become like a dime a dozen. But fred has not been just serviceable, he's been quite literally possibly the most impactful bench player of the 2018 calendar year. And here's where it differs from biyombo: biyombo was overrated from a couple playoff games and playing within himself on a team that could hide his horrible offense 20 min a night. But he had a track record of 4 or 5 previous seasons in the NBA to go "ehh this guy is pretty limited". Fred is in his first full season after marinating for a great 4 year college run. Even if he never improves from here and ends up as the player he's been the last few months for the next 8 to 10 years, he'll carve out a long and well paid NBA career.
                        Man, you guys are brutal. Trying to make me look like a FVV hater, when I love the guy. I listened to T-Rex and bought FVV stock before it blew up like Bitcoin and I'm not cashing out anytime soon.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I’m 1-1 with a loss to the hawks...

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            So, we'd probably want to pick people who just straight up lost a game without winning one first. Considering the implemented system of switching game thread starters after a loss, that means looking for losses that were preceded immediately by another loss.

Here's a stat that blows my mind about how good the team has been this year: they have 4 such losses. That is, 4 two-game losing streaks (none of them reached three).

In games 4, 18, 33 and 42.

Also known as tdotted, Abbas, consmap, and consmap.

Ooh, intrigue! consmap shows up on both lists!

At the end of the season I'll (obviously) waste a bunch of time compiling win-loss records.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So, we'd probably want to pick people who just straight up lost a game without winning one first. Considering the implemented system of switching game thread starters after a loss, that means looking for losses that were preceded immediately by another loss.

Here's a stat that blows my mind about how good the team has been this year: they have 4 such losses. That is, 4 two-game losing streaks (none of them reached three).

In games 4, 18, 33 and 42.

Also known as tdotted, Abbas, consmap, and consmap.

Ooh, intrigue! consmap shows up on both lists!

At the end of the season I'll (obviously) waste a bunch of time compiling win-loss records.
                              In your estimation, would consmap, abbas and a pick be enough to bring back a really good poster?

Comment

Finally figured out how to post it properly.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X