No announcement yet.

Game #68: Toronto Raptors 106 - Indiana Pacers 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In simple terms the Raptors now know pace and how to win. They do not seem to get rattled. A treat to see them operate.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Great win. Christian, if you're out there, here's the sig (I assume we aren't going to go 0-14 to end the season).

What an amazing season. Sorry I had so little faith, but 22 years of mostly pain and suffering will jade your hopes a little lol.
      They're really good! It is hard to wrap your mind around.

Comment

• What a great win. I mean, it was brutal to watch for most of it. But winning those games, the ones that are losses for the vast majority of teams, where every pass goes awry, you can't hit bunnies in the paint, every call seems to go the wrong way, and the bench doesn't have the cheat codes to get you out of it for once? That's a sign of a truly great team.

JV was great even though he couldn't catch the ball or hit a shot to save his life. Lowry really turned it up in the 2nd half, he was everywhere. DeMar eventually decided he could score at will, which was nice. The bench struggled a lot, but Miles got hot at the right time, and I thought Wright and Pascal were both really good all night long. Thought closing with Wright was a good move, FVV was bad tonight and as much as I've been impressed by Miller I don't trust him late.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          They should start resting some of their players....starting tom against Dallas.
          I say start with Ibaka. The schedule has been too busy for him. He looks bad out there. Rest him tomorrow so that he can hopefully play well against OKC on Sunday.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I say start with Ibaka. The schedule has been too busy for him. He looks bad out there. Rest him tomorrow so that he can hopefully play well against OKC on Sunday.
            Ibaka is the only guy this makes sense for, IMO. Dallas doesn't really play big either (and they kind of suck) so it's a game where you don't need him as much. Plus, maybe you get Hayes some run.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Really impressive that 6 games in this streak have been on the road, and that we've now won 8 in a row on the road. You have to go back to February 1st in Washington for our last road loss. That's a month and a half without a road loss.

In the last 2 weeks alone they've won 5 on the road without having more than 1 day rest between any of their games.

Raptors doing a great job dealing with the grind.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Ibaka is the only guy this makes sense for, IMO. Dallas doesn't really play big either (and they kind of suck) so it's a game where you don't need him as much. Plus, maybe you get Hayes some run.
                Yeah, my thoughts too. Dallas is a team you can go small with at the PF. If OG can get his first minutes back, you can roll with Siakam, OG, Hayes, Miller and maybe even Miles if you can get away with it.

Would be really nice to have a fresh Ibaka against OKC.

Maybe it's too soon, but I would also rest him against the Magic. It's the first game of a road back-to-back with Cleveland the next night. Orlando isn't that big either. Cleveland will probably try to make a statement on their home court against us.

Comment

• Refs were so bad in this game.. I don't know what the hell they were smoking. DeMar tripping on Turner and being called for it.. then having to get a tech on top of that. The out of bounds play where it was clearly Raps ball but they gave it to Indiana. JV getting mauled on most of his "turnovers". The "moving" screens. Most of the calls on Poeltl. Just terrible all the way around.. yet they still found a way to win. That never happens!

I was expecting a Rap loss when the refs continued to pile on in the 3rd, but they won.

Miller did a fantastic job on Dipo. JV was getting anything he wanted in the paint, but he was just missing everything. Poor Poeltl.. got schooled by AJ. AJ is such a crafty/savvy vet. To bad he's so overweight though. He had nothing in the 4th quarter. Anyone expecting AJ to hit a 3 to win the game.. ugh still have bad Raptor memories ingrained in my head.

CJ hit so many timely threes. And we kicked their ass in rebounding. 58 to 35. Now if Turner played more and if Sabonis wasn't injured that stat might have been closer.. but still. I still remember the early days when rebounding was an issue for this team. Not tonight!

10 in a row now (8 on the road).. wow what a fricken awesome season!

Comment

• fUCK ARIZONA!

Comment

• So what's the deal with Miller? Is he allowed to play in the playoffs?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So what's the deal with Miller? Is he allowed to play in the playoffs?
                        No he needs to be signed
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          No he needs to be signed
                          Yeah, 2-way players are not playoff eligible. So he’d need to be converted (or signed) to an NBA deal to be able to play. Has to happen by the last day of the regular season. Only one spot open right now, so it’s either him or Hayes.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            I'm not shocked. You can tell by everyone demeanour that they don't panic when they're down or a team makes a run.
                            Demar Demeanour

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, 2-way players are not playoff eligible. So he’d need to be converted (or signed) to an NBA deal to be able to play. Has to happen by the last day of the regular season. Only one spot open right now, so it’s either him or Hayes.
                              Can the Raps release McKinnie if they want to sign both?!

Comment

• With all of the Casey Coach of the Year talk his game management of late has been at that level. I've appreciated him for many other qualities in the past but his new ability to be flexible with lineup and go with the hot (or just more effective defensively) player is surprising and outstanding. Not much wrong at all with this team these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X