Game #68: Toronto Raptors 106 - Indiana Pacers 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can the Raps release McKinnie if they want to sign both?!
    we don't know anything about Nigel on this level though?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      we don't know anything about Nigel on this level though?
      Well we have another 14 games to figure it out but Nigel being younger, with better size length wise and more consistent 3 pointer does point to being the favorite already over McKinnie.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, 2-way players are not playoff eligible. So he’d need to be converted (or signed) to an NBA deal to be able to play. Has to happen by the last day of the regular season. Only one spot open right now, so it’s either him or Hayes.
        So lets say we sign Miller, does that mean Hayes is gone, or can he still be apart of the team and just not play
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          So lets say we sign Miller, does that mean Hayes is gone, or can he still be apart of the team and just not play
          I believe if the Raptors give Miller a contract, that would make 15 in total and Hayes will go back to his Knicks affiliated team. If the Raps want to keep Hayes for next season as well as Miller then either McKinnie or Richardson need to be released.

Comment

• Dumb questions: If Miller is signed rather than converted, does a 2-way spot open for Nigel if we want to keep him until the end of the year? And can we sign him into that 2-way spot for next year if we sign him in this way?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Can the Raps release McKinnie if they want to sign both?!
              They can.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                Dumb questions: If Miller is signed rather than converted, does a 2-way spot open for Nigel if we want to keep him until the end of the year? And can we sign him into that 2-way spot for next year if we sign him in this way?
                Yep. A 2-way spot would open up and 2-way deals can be up to 2 years long. Whether he would want a 2-way deal is another question.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Also, if the Raptors want longer to decide on who to keep after Hayes' 10-day is done, they can just sign him, then wait until the last day of the season and decide who to waive if they want to then convert/sign Miller, who could still play on the team in the meantime as a 2-way player.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yep. A 2-way spot would open up and 2-way deals can be up to 2 years long. Whether he would want a 2-way deal is another question.
                    Oops, although a 2-way spot does open up, we couldn't sign anyone to a 2-way deal at this point. Has to be done before Jan 15th. Sorry.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hard fought game against a top seeded opponent that goes down to the wire....and our all stars play 32minutes each. Amazing that they have been able to do that all season.

Comment

Oops, although a 2-way spot does open up, we couldn't sign anyone to a 2-way deal at this point. Has to be done before Jan 15th. Sorry.
                        Could we sign Miller to a full contract this season (on a one year deal, assuming he accepts) and then resign him to a 2-way contract again next season?

Would like to see him in the playoffs.. but I also love the flexibility his type of contract gives us in the regular season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Could we sign Miller to a full contract this season (on a one year deal, assuming he accepts) and then resign him to a 2-way contract again next season?

Would like to see him in the playoffs.. but I also love the flexibility his type of contract gives us in the regular season.
                          I think we could, but I don't know that it's likely. Hard to pitch guys on moving backwards. And with Nogueira outgoing (and maybe Norm in a trade) and no picks, even if FVV is back they need to add an NBA contract to hit 14. Might as well be a guy like Miller.

I could see them trying to get Hayes to sign a 2-way deal this summer.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think we could, but I don't know that it's likely. Hard to pitch guys on moving backwards. And with Nogueira outgoing (and maybe Norm in a trade) and no picks, even if FVV is back they need to add an NBA contract to hit 14. Might as well be a guy like Miller.

I could see them trying to get Hayes to sign a 2-way deal this summer.
                            It’s popular to pile on the NCAA these days, and rightly so, but the NBA Players Association also has a hand in restricting the pool of players that a franchise can have under their control in order to reduce competition for jobs from players who aren’t already in the league. It forces teams to make decisions on fringe players instead of having the flexibility and time to develop them. Hurts a guy like Masai who is skilled at uncovering talented depth guys.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              It’s popular to pile on the NCAA these days, and rightly so, but the NBA Players Association also has a hand in restricting the pool of players that a franchise can have under their control in order to reduce competition for jobs from players who aren’t already in the league. It forces teams to make decisions on fringe players instead of having the flexibility and time to develop them. Hurts a guy like Masai who is skilled at uncovering talented depth guys.
                              Yes. OR...
                              Possibly it helps Masai because he uses his limited options/resources extremely wisely where other GMs are not so successful at doing so. Perhaps if there was more flexibility, other GMs could spread their nets wider and get lucky. I'm not too eager to change things as they stand, seems like it's working pretty nicely for us at present.
                              Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Mar 16, 2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                Yes. OR...
                                Possibly it helps Masai because he uses his limited options/resources extremely wisely where other GMs are not so successful at doing so. Perhaps if there was more flexibility, other GMs could spread their nets wider and get lucky. I'm not to eager to change things as they stand, seems like it's working pretty nicely for us at present.
                                That's a great way of looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X