No announcement yet.

Game #69: Dalls Mavericks 115 - Toronto Raptors 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas has a bit more faith in us tonight than a number of posters do. 11 point favourites
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Here's something to talk about. A poll about the members here. The scenario: We maintain this peak performance and style, the best in franchise history. However, somehow, we get out on the second round. We do it though, by fighting hard, never being blown out, in 6-7 games, playing the right way as a team, with strong dedicated defence, high level of assists, strong team effort with no hero ball, well timed adjustments by the coach, in other words, the way we've been playing so far. But with enough small kinks that in aggregate, It just happens to go the other way for Eastern Conference team X which was really hot in late April.

Do you believe the reaction here is:

a) Deep disappointment because this was our year, but a nod to their effort, and to a season that brought the most entertaining and winning basketball to this franchise in decades, possibly ever.

OR

b) A monumental hissy-fit, and a disregard for all this season has brought, particularly the implementation of what the fan based has been asking for years (Team basketabll, more assists, less hero ball etc..). This core is lumped together as the same as nine years ago, around the time Derozan was drafted ( even though this team has nothing to do with the 2009 team), and that somehow becomes the center argument for tanking the best Raptors in history, in the off-season.

My reaction: likely "a". The overall boards reaction: probably about 50/50, but sadly with maybe more "b"'s than I would think. I know ultimately it's about the end result, but man, what happened to this team between last year and this year is huge. I want the ring, but I don't want to forget what they are doing to get there either.
      I don't expect a ring, I would however be deeply disappointed if we lost in 6 or 7 in the 2nd round to Team X if Team X is Indiana, or even Washington, Philly etc.

We are known as playoff chokers. Fair or unfair, it's the teams current identity. Losing to Cleveland is understandable cause of Lebron (although still would suck). But we basically HAVE to win any series vs these mid card teams. The pressure is back kids, let's not fool ourselves. Just, win, baby.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Find this pretty spectacular, over our last 17 games.
        Top 2 in the league during that span in both Offense and Defense.
        Only 0.1 points behind Houston's vaunted offense - 115.6 to 115.5, virtually identical.
        On D, only shy of Utah who are way out in front of everybody 94.9 to our 101.9.

Comment

I think the rest vs rust argument has meat on the bone. Allow me to tuck in; I recall reading that the 6-7 mins a game Lowry and Demar have had shaved off their totals from the last few seasons had added up to something silly like 10-11 games worth of minutes off the body over the course of 82 games. When looked at in that context having a game off after a back to back or 3 days off in a row down the stretch hardly compares.

Add that to the fact in the last few seasons the rest seems to have added to the pressure and shooting woes they've had and the choice to rest seems like it's made in October not April.

Oh and any loss not to Lecrab is a disappointment. But still better a season than Vince's clanger vs Iverson.
          A loss to Lecrab means I saw something heroic and I was entertained. Raps can't lose in my mind.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I don't expect a ring, I would however be deeply disappointed if we lost in 6 or 7 in the 2nd round to Team X if Team X is Indiana, or even Washington, Philly etc.

We are known as playoff chokers. Fair or unfair, it's the teams current identity. Losing to Cleveland is understandable cause of Lebron (although still would suck). But we basically HAVE to win any series vs these mid card teams. The pressure is back kids, let's not fool ourselves. Just, win, baby.
            Pretty well agree on this, except I won't find it understandable losing to the Cavs. Lebron will get his, he may play great, but we can and should beat his teammates.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Pretty well agree on this, except I won't find it understandable losing to the Cavs. Lebron will get his, he may play great, but we can and should beat his teammates.
              Yeah even though they have LeBron, the Cavs will be a mid 40s win team this season while we'll be at or around 60 wins. It's a bad look to lose that kind of series in anything less than 7 games.

Comment

I get pissed when the slackers win by less than 15.Good times indeed.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  I'll be watching the cavs first round series like a hawk. Still weary they'll dust off that infamous switch they've flipped in the past
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

I was thinking about this, Lebron, and trying to articulate it for myself.
                      Many of us grew up watching Jordan, who NEVER lost in the finals. NEVER.
                      Just epitomized and solidified this game being a superstar's game.
                      And while Kobe was a spectacular player --
                      He doesn't really come into the conversation of the all-time best player, like Lebron does.
                      Lebron's had a tougher go than MJ, running into arguably the best team ever assembled in GSW.
                      But while Lebron's had to struggle in the Finals, he's always had the dominance of Jordan within the east.
                      Jordan went out on top. He hit his very last shot to win his sixth NBA title.
                      This, now, is such a different narrative.
                      At Jordan's height -- he was NEVER beaten. Not on the way out the door. Nothing.
                      We have a chance to change the narrative here, and frankly, sully James' legacy.
                      This is a tantalizing prospect.
                      Winning the trophy is Goal Number One. Undeniably.
                      It'd also feel pretty damn good to put up a road block on any 'greatest-of-all-time' talk.

Basketball Gods, May Ye Smile Upon Us.
                      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Mar 16, 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Good. Time to start resting some of these guys.

I wonder if they'll rest some of their players against CLE next week though?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

What's going on at the ACC? it's being emptied

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Suspicious package

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Suspicious package found outside. Cops are treating it like a full threat.

Comment

Working...
                                X