Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Adams hit one free throw in 4th after having 23 points in the 3 other quarters. Well I believe they wanted to save Ibaka mins there for playoffs. I guess only time will tell right? We will see how was right once playoffs start.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    There is no way to phrase what happened with Ibaka at center last night other than 'unmitigated disaster'. Those last 3 minutes were a mess.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Adams hit one free throw in 4th after having 23 points in the 3 other quarters. Well I believe they wanted to save Ibaka mins there for playoffs. I guess only time will tell right? We will see how was right once playoffs start.

Dude, seriously? Ibaka checked in with 4:20 left and the Raps down 117-118. He proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the next 2 minutes other than take and miss a terrible running hook shot. His next appearance comes at the 1:09 mark when he took a ridiculously stupid foul against Adams and got lucky the FT was missed. The icing on the cake was a pointless ejection with 8 seconds left. During that 4 minute run, the Raps were outscored 14-8 with Serge contributing absolutely jack-shit.

I'm not down on Ibaka like a lot of other Raps fans, I think he's mostly pretty decent, but he was awful yesterday. He was out to prove something to OKC and tripped over his own feet.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I'm not down on Ibaka like a lot of other Raps fans, I think he's mostly pretty decent, but he was awful yesterday. He was out to prove something to OKC and tripped over his own feet.
        I think Ibaka is becoming generally underrated by some fans here, he stands out when he screws up but he blends in when he does what he's supposed to - be a mobile defender who can switch screens with multiple players and hit open jump shots. Those are critical skills from the team perspective, the young bigs have his mobility but they don't have his outside shot. He's really needed at the 4 spot.

He definitely gets gassed and plays poorly on short rest, yesterday's end of game put that on display again.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Dude, seriously? Ibaka checked in with 4:20 left and the Raps down 117-118. He proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the next 2 minutes other than take and miss a terrible running hook shot. His next appearance comes at the 1:09 mark when he took a ridiculously stupid foul against Adams and got lucky the FT was missed. The icing on the cake was a pointless ejection with 8 seconds left. During that 4 minute run, the Raps were outscored 14-8 with Serge contributing absolutely jack-shit.

I'm not saying he was great but he wasn't awful. Adams didn't score in the fourth. After 23 points in 3 Q. The PnR coverage was better. So much so that they went away from it at times. Tried it with PG as a pin down and got a turnover. Westbrook just destroyed Lowry/Wright in the fourth. There wasn't much of the two man game in the fourth. Stopping Adams wasnt a problem in the 4th.

Anyways back to NFL free agency.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I think Ibaka is becoming generally underrated by some fans here, he stands out when he screws up but he blends in when he does what he's supposed to - be a mobile defender who can switch screens with multiple players and hit open jump shots. Those are critical skills from the team perspective, the young bigs have his mobility but they don't have his outside shot. He's really needed at the 4 spot.

He definitely gets gassed and plays poorly on short rest, yesterday's end of game put that on display again.
            People will remember once playoffs starts. B4 Deebo's game 6 I would of said that Ibaka was our best player in that series. Also you can only get the best out of him when he is playing both positions in my opinion.

Also has to do with people falling in love with Siakam after spending the whole summer hating on him.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Also has to do with people falling in love with Siakam after spending the whole summer hating on him.

All in your head

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

People will remember once playoffs starts. B4 Deebo's game 6 I would of said that Ibaka was our best player in that series. Also you can only get the best out of him when he is playing both positions in my opinion.

He was pretty bad last year and we didn’t know that the system would change. He had bad awareness and was a very weak team defender, he definitely improved a lot over the summer and the new system compliments his play style very well. If you liked what you saw last year from him then you don’t really know what a good basketball player looks like... he’s nothing like the player he was last year.

Comment

• The astonishing thing about Ibaka is how poor - and frankly, selfish - his shot selection is. Everyone on the roster except him has figured out this "look for a better shot, avoid long 2s whenever possible" thing.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    The astonishing thing about Ibaka is how poor - and frankly, selfish - his shot selection is. Everyone on the roster except him has figured out this "look for a better shot, avoid long 2s whenever possible" thing.
                    Isn't Ibaka one of the best at hitting the long 2 in the league right now? I swear he's knocking them down at a very high percentage. Ibaka and Demar are the ONLY players on this team that I'm okay with taking a long 2. Well not Demar, I only want him taking jumpers that are in and around the paint not the long 2's. Ibaka can take the long 2's in my opinion because he hits them at a good clip. As long as it's catch and shoot I'm okay with it. Maybe I'm wrong
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Dismantle? Baby Dinosaurs? lol wtf

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        There is no way to phrase what happened with Ibaka at center last night other than 'unmitigated disaster'. Those last 3 minutes were a mess.
                        Ibaka is unreliable. Period. That's why i don't like to see him closing games. Offensively he takes bad shots, and makes poor decisions. Defensively, is he really better than Poeltl?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• As expected...NBA goes with "correct non call" for not calling the Brewer on Demar foul

http://official.nba.com/last-two-min...&eventNum=1114

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            As expected...NBA goes with "correct non call" for not calling the Brewer on Demar foul

Comment

As expected...NBA goes with "correct non call" for not calling the Brewer on Demar foul

You have a link to the foul.. not the report which is here:
                              http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...03-18-2018.pdf

Here is the text:

RHH shows Brewer (OKC) make contact with the ball and the part of DeRozan's (TOR) hand that is on the ball. The hand is
                              considered "part of the ball" when it is in contact with the ball and therefore, contact on that part of the hand by a defender
                              while it is in contact with the ball is not illegal.
                              Pretty crazy that even their replay camera's are showing legal contact on that play.

Although they do consider that hold by Melo on Siakam was an incorrect non-call.

Comment

So glad they made this last 2 minute report to fix officiating once and for all
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X