Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    The Raptors deserved to lose. They weren't good enough. They were also exhausted after playing a lot of games recently, and missing Fred, who is one of their 3-4 best players this year, and playing against a team that is uniquely built to abuse their roster in ways that no team in the East can.

The refs also sucked and made sure they'd be the story at the end of the game.
    What do you mean the raps deserved to lose? They were tied until like 40 secs left and this with Lowry fouled at near 4 mins left in the game ... and missed calls ... raps were as deserving as okc To win this game...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Did Davis really eject Casey because a fan was heckling him? wtf
      Just shows how out of their depth the reffing crew was tonight. Had no idea what was happening on the court or off.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• looking at NBA twitter,
        2 things come to mind
        1. after all the hate the refs were getting on NBA twitter page, the post a video about respect showing refs and NBA players laghing and smiling at each other
        2. NBA was quick to post Westbrooke highlights, like seriously, they posted like 5 different videos/gifs about westbook getting another triple double, and OKC winning.

Seems fishy

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
          What do you mean the raps deserved to lose? They were tied until like 40 secs left and this with Lowry fouled at near 4 mins left in the game ... and missed calls ... raps were as deserving as okc To win this game...
          What I meant by the Raptors deserved to lose is that I thought they did a lot of really bad things in this game that they should've cleaned up.

DeMar was a pylon on defense. Serge was bad at, well, everything and closed at center for no apparent reason. There were a ton of Raptors mistakes, and as bad as the refs were, those are still worth acknowledging.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• wall-e wrote: View Post
            looking at NBA twitter,
            2 things come to mind
            1. after all the hate the refs were getting on NBA twitter page, the post a video about respect showing refs and NBA players laghing and smiling at each other
            2. NBA was quick to post Westbrooke highlights, like seriously, they posted like 5 different videos/gifs about westbook getting another triple double, and OKC winning.

Seems fishy
            Well the nba Twitter is not going to make the refs look bad ... let’s see what Espn does...

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

Something that's very replicable in the playoffs that happened: losing because the best player on the court is on the other team, and he makes more big plays down the stretch. This is one of our two achilles heels; the other being that the only player we have to guard Lebron is a rookie.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Something that's very replicable in the playoffs that happened: losing because the best player on the court is on the other team, and he makes more big plays down the stretch. This is one of our two achilles heels; the other being that the only player we have to guard Lebron is a rookie.
                  Nah. I don't buy this. Fred Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry run the crunch time offense for the Raptors frequently, and they didn't have either guy in the last 3 minutes, which is a huge deal.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Nah. I don't buy this. Fred Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry run the crunch time offense for the Raptors frequently, and they didn't have either guy in the last 3 minutes, which is a huge deal.
                    I'm taking Russ over Lowry/Vanvleet everyday. And I'm taking Lebron. And Kyrie. And Giannis. It will be a problem.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Just shows how out of their depth the reffing crew was tonight. Had no idea what was happening on the court or off.
                      Oh, I think they knew exactly what was going on.

Comment

• jv had 2 rebounds

Comment

• I'm all for the Raptors needing to play through bad reffing because they'll see plenty of it in the playoffs, but bad playoff reffing tends more toward the other extreme of not calling anything, even if one team is far more egregious than the other. The Raptors have done pretty well with shutting up and playing through a loose whistle this season.

Comment

What I meant by the Raptors deserved to lose is that I thought they did a lot of really bad things in this game that they should've cleaned up.

DeMar was a pylon on defense. Serge was bad at, well, everything and closed at center for no apparent reason. There were a ton of Raptors mistakes, and as bad as the refs were, those are still worth acknowledging.
                            My guess is that they closed with Serge because they didn't have Lowry or FVV to space the floor for DeMar. Wright has been decent with the 3 this year, but is still not a confident 3pt shooter. Lowry and FVV will take the open 3 without hesitation, which creates gravity.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              jv had 2 rebounds

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I'm taking Russ over Lowry/Vanvleet everyday. And I'm taking Lebron. And Kyrie. And Giannis. It will be a problem.
                                so will the refs

Comment

Working...
                                X