Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo wrote: View Post
    Ibaka's 2 for 11 performance, OKc having 9 more FT attempts and neutralizing Lowry to just 27 mins (Who played hot today) really did us in and only to lose by 7 (free throws at the end with all those ejections) and still coming this close shows how good Raps really are.

Westbrook and Adams with big games as well, a credit to Adams no one was able to stop him and JV looked clueless on the boards.
    Yes, the 4 main drivers of the loss today were

1. Marc Davis, who called 5 out of the 6 Lowry fouls, which combined with the absence of FVV, limited the 2 PG play they're used to in the 4th
    2. Ibaka's worst game of the year
    3. JV rebounding the the ball 2 times (i.e. twice) throughout the whole game
    4. An excellent pick & roll by Adams & Westbrook that we had no answer for.

Everything converged for us to lose today. On to the next one.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      I don't see why the NBA allows players to yell 'and one'. Should be a warning/tech situation, like delay of game. It adds nothing except the appearance that players are allowed to influence the referees, and creates plays with horrible optics like that delayed call on Lowry's 5th today.
      Players yell and 1 all the time.. even in pick up ball with no refs around lol. What can NOT happen is for that to completely influence the ref's decision on the play. That's not the players' fault

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        They've lost twice in the last 6 weeks. Including a few great close wins against very, very good teams. You're being a LITTLE dramatic here.
        You continue to miss the point, that's OK
        As long as it's just a LITTLE, I'm OK with that

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Doesn't matter cause OKC is getting bounced pretty early on, non threat for the title next game
          OKC is 5-2 against the three best teams in the league, that's the best record in the NBA vs those teams (per somebody on Twitter). They're going to be a dangerous playoff opponent for anybody.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The reffing doesn't need to have caused the loss for the reffing to have been shoddy. How about this:

- The refs sucked
            - The Raptors didn't play well enough to win

From a long game point of view, I don't mind DeMar & co. getting themselves tossed. Draw some attention to your team in end of game situations. DD/Ibaka/Casey are no Draymond or Sheed, this wasn't a bad thing to do with the playoffs getting closer.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              The reffing doesn't need to have caused the loss for the reffing to have been shoddy. How about this:

- The refs sucked

From a long game point of view, I don't mind DeMar & co. getting themselves tossed. Draw some attention to your team in end of game situations. DD/Ibaka/Casey are no Draymond or Sheed, this wasn't a bad thing to do with the playoffs getting closer.
              Yeah, it's about time. Any coach that's won a championship works the refs non-stop and unapologetically - Doc Rivers and Popovich come to mind immediately. It's a good sign that we're feeling like we're one of 'those teams' now and demanding that respect.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                The reffing doesn't need to have caused the loss for the reffing to have been shoddy. How about this:

- The refs sucked

If the refs allow the other team to do what they want, of course the other team will carry that momentum. Marc Davis and crew was garbage and I hope they get lynched in some alleyway.

Comment

• I apologize for doubting women refs. God sakes, the men are sometime worse. Especially the ones today. He lives in Chicago right? Hopefully someone breaks into his house and murders him.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    If the refs allow the other team to do what they want, of course the other team will carry that momentum. Marc Davis and crew was garbage and I hope they get lynched in some alleyway.
                    Woah. At the end of the day we’re all a bunch of humans talking about other humans bouncing a ball around, no need to call for lynching lmao.

Comment

I apologize for doubting women refs. God sakes, the men are sometime worse. Especially the ones today. He lives in Chicago right? Hopefully someone breaks into his house and murders him.
                      yo wtf is wrong with you

Comment

• Whoa, tone it down. Some people are bad at their jobs, and NBA ref is a hard job.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I apologize for doubting women refs. God sakes, the men are sometime worse. Especially the ones today. He lives in Chicago right? Hopefully someone breaks into his house and murders him.
                          Jesus christ. Go get some help. It"s not that serious.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Somebody send a mod here, threatening behavior cannot be tolerated

Comment

• Apparently the Trump Era made everyone even softer. Now no one can even take a joke. I'm not threatening anyone in the thread....

Comment

• Murder..?

Comment

Working...
                                X