Game #71: Toronto Raptors 93 - Orlando Magic 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW HAS NO ONE POSTED THIS ALREADY???? LOOOLLLLL

Vince Carter doing his best Blake Griffin impersonation. �� (via @kellie_ee)

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

Comment

• Just letting you know, I did TURN OFF the game. Glad to hear we won though.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        With the way Bebe has played recently, Poeltl will be on a VERY short leash next game. It's what Casey has done all season
        So let's forget everything Poeltl has done in the last months? If Bebe plays over Poeltl for a reason other than giving Poeltl some rest, then they should trade Poeltl in the summer.

Poeltl is the only one who has played all the games. He needs some rest, the schedule was/is brutal.

I'm afraid at all that the Raptors are running out of gas. I would rather risk to lose the 1st seed than playing them that much.
        Last edited by gk17; Wed Mar 21, 2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          True but I don't want us hurting his confidence going into the playoffs because we will need him big time. Bebe has looked good but trust me it won't last. Poeltl is just having a rough patch right now and he's the much more disciplined sound defender. Even when Bebe is playing well I can't trust him because I always feel he's gonna do something stupid.
          The theme of this season has been remaining fluid. If Bebe is having success in a game then he gets more time, and the same with Poeltl, Siakam and all of the young players. It's worked out brilliantly so far.

Comment

• This game turned into a sneaky rest-everyone game. Lowry obviously had to play a lot (36 minutes is a lot now, how things have changed) to get the win, but he's also played so little this year he can take it. But DD rested, FVV didn't come back (though I'd bet he's back against the Cavs), Ibaka hit 27 minutes but I'm not sure I saw him move while he was out there (and they all came in the early going for the most part), Poeltl played 11 minutes, OG played 14, Miller played 8, even JV only got 19 minutes.

I don't understand how Brown had the +/- numbers he did. I guess mostly by staying out of the way, because man alive was he bad when he touched the ball. His defence was OK (not great) at least, and he hit a couple of shots, but him attacking the defence as a ball handler is a BAD idea. Anyway, +23 in 19 minutes. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

Powell with another so-bad-it's-impressive performance in terms of +/-, notching a -19 in 18 minutes. He was actually OK in this one, so between him and Brown I'm attributing the various runs in the game to the Magic just running hot and cold for stretches (mostly driven by the Raptors offence being smart versus dumb and giving up runouts to the Magic or not).

This game was weirdly impressive, with how Casey just threw a mishmash of players out there in the 4th and said "go win this" and they did. But also terrible to watch.

OG is struggling big time with Norm-itis. Has to start playing within his game again. Defence. No hesitation shooting when you are open (even if you are missing). That's it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That 4th quarter was very reminiscent of that game against Portland earlier in the year where they only had 1 FG on a Turner dunk I believe. Our defense was en fuego. The offense was non-existent though. The only guy that could create anything was Wright but he felt obligated to pass it out. Good thing Lowry was playing. Sucks that he had to get up 37 minutes before the Cavs game though.

Not sure why Poeltl got in the dog house. That one turnover was bad in the 3rd, but I mean Ibaka pulls stupid shit all the time and keeps playing. Just hoping it was a fatigue call and he went with Bebe who looked a bit more energetic than usual.

I am officially worried about OG. Guy had a week off for the all-star break. Then had some more time off healing his ankle. That should shake off some of the rookie wall, but he's been brutal. Can't hit anything from outside. When he dribbles it feels like he's going to get stripped or turn it over at any minute. We're playing a lot of 4-5 on offense. Not sure if his defense makes up for it.

Casey's not going to mess with his starting rotation this late in the season. So I expect OG to start in the playoffs too. He just needs to be a lot better or else I could see a quick hook in the first to bring in someone like Wright or Miles as relief.

Comment

• Not sure why Poeltl got in the dog house. That one turnover was bad in the 3rd, but I mean Ibaka pulls stupid shit all the time and keeps playing.

Poeltl is exhausted. It's not the number of minutes (18/19 MPG) he plays, but the intensity. And don't forget: It's his first season playing so much. He needs a break if he is to have a role in the playoffs.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
                  Poeltl is exhausted. It's not the number of minutes (18/19 MPG) he plays, but the intensity. And don't forget: It's his first season playing so much. He needs a break if he is to have a role in the playoffs.
                  Agreed completely. Not even so sure poeltl is in the doghouse, it's just the exhaustion like you said. Bebe is a different look.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Agreed completely. Not even so sure poeltl is in the doghouse, it's just the exhaustion like you said. Bebe is a different look.
                    The entire team has looked gassed since the Pacers game, other than Siakam. That guy never gets tired.

Good news is that after the Cavs tonight they get three at home against mediocre to poor teams and then 3 clear days off afterward.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      The entire team has looked gassed since the Pacers game, other than Siakam. That guy never gets tired.

Good news is that after the Cavs tonight they get three at home against mediocre to poor teams and then 3 clear days off afterward.
                      And then they visit Boston on the road, and get two days off after that game. A nice breather after this ridiculous stretch.

Then they have to run another gauntlet to wind down the season. Back to back (@ CLE, vs BOS), 1 day off then the Pacers, one day off then a back to back (vs Magic, @ Pistons), one day off then play in Miami for final game of the season. Then probably two days off before playing on the opening Saturday of the playoffs, in all likelihood.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        And then they visit Boston on the road, and get two days off after that game. A nice breather after this ridiculous stretch.

Then they have to run another gauntlet to wind down the season. Back to back (@ CLE, vs BOS), 1 day off then the Pacers, one day off then a back to back (vs Magic, @ Pistons), one day off then play in Miami for final game of the season. Then probably two days off before playing on the opening Saturday of the playoffs, in all likelihood.
                        The good news about that final week or so is that if they take care of business over the next 7 days they should have first all but locked up by then. Magic number is 7 wins/Boston losses.

Comment

The good news about that final week or so is that if they take care of business over the next 7 days they should have first all but locked up by then. Magic number is 7 wins/Boston losses.
                          Have to think they'll be liberal with rest games on the back to backs regardless of seeding. Still, heck of a schedule to close.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, these last few games have really made me appreciate Siakam's constant energy and effort
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, these last few games have really made me appreciate Siakam's constant energy and effort
                              That what makes "extreme motor/hustle" a skill. Anyone can have bursts or stretches of intensity. Not anyone can do it night in night out. Russell Westbrook is the poster boy. Siakam is the north representative
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Poeltl is fine, the player that people shoyld be worried about is OG. He's a major liability on offense. Defensively he's pretty average.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X