Game #72: Toronto Raptors 129 - Cleveland Cavaliers 132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    It's not just the offense. Norm lacks the ball-handling skills other than straight ahead drives to be effective at the NBA level. He has ZERO craftiness in his game. Zero, zilch, nada. It's a red flag when you see a guy like Pascal, who in one off-season developed some basic ball skills and timing to actually beat guys off the bounce with a slight hesitation dribble, plus a cross-over. Norm has no such rudimentary trickery in his arsenal. He needs at least one full off-season training at the Manu Ginobili Institute of Old Man Game.
    Delon can teach him the Euro step over the summer in Drew League in LA..... Norm has the god given talent with that accleration off the bounce.....he can just go....

If Demar can improve his handles to the point where he is the primary ball handler for stretches of the game... so too can Norm improve his to the point where he isn't flumoxed going right or left or down the pipe at speed....

Theres a ball player in there dying to get out again.... So far the Raps development coaches have been very successful in helping guys make strides forward....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 22, 2018, 05:35 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      33 years young last December...not that thirty three is old..
      but .....
      in pro sports you may not be at the end of the road.. but you can see it...
      Every year after 31 in sports is exponentially longer. No difference in 25 and 27. Huge difference in 31 and 33. Even moreso 33 to 35 and so on
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Norman averaging 13-15 points a game on good efficiency while in the starting lineup the past 2 seasons wasn't an accident; he's a good player. The new system has just been hard for him to mentally adjust to. It's amazing how far his defense and offense fell off a cliff though

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          This

I guess I have to watch the highlights again but I really don't think OG was that bad at guarding LeBron on the ball. Ibaka was terrible though

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            I guess I have to watch the highlights again but I really don't think OG was that bad at guarding LeBron on the ball. Ibaka was terrible though
            Trust your eyes and judgement first time through...

William Lou is a guy with a twitter account who has an opinion ... which is not exactly a unique set of circumstances ..
            Not that he is wrong ... its just sports.... everyone has an opinion...
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

This

This take is medium-hot. Give OG a few games to get comfortable, and I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I am very happy that we lost this game. This loss might prove so precious for us in terms of preparation for the playoff.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                  I am very happy that we lost this game. This loss might prove so precious for us in terms of preparation for the playoff.
                  This is a man who knows inner peace.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    This is a man who knows inner peace.

fake news

Comment

I don't really know if this is true or not. But if this is true and if therr are NBA players who are on roids and the NBA don't care about it then shouldn't Barry Bonds be in the HOF?
                      Really really twisted logic there Rex
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Mar 22, 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Who the fuck cares about double double unless you're in Tim Hortons drive thru

Casey and myself care about one thing in crunch time
                        You picked out two words in the whole post. The point is JV was having another good/decent/fine game before being basically nailed to the bench. Better?
                        Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Mar 22, 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Shannon looks like that crackhead on your block that's 50 but thinks he's still 22 and bragging about the chicks he banged, working his way around to askin you to buy his PlayStation 2 for 50 bucks

Comment

I like that he said sometimes he makes himself sick
                              Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Shannon looks like that crackhead on your block that's 50 but thinks he's still 22 and bragging about the chicks he banged, working his way around to askin you to buy his PlayStation 2 for 50 bucks
                                Nominated for best post of the last month.... and a contender for post of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X